post more pics!

Sorry didn't catch this while browsing on the phone. I don't have much more for pictures as she's all dusty right now..in and out of the shop. The most recent one is of the engine bay

http://i874.photobucket.com/albums/ab308/LAJits-media/The%2086/2014-01-16%2019.52.18_zpsekmterzc.png

this too..nothing great but it's something

http://youtu.be/9KbZ9zGxzos

Edited by StallionProject86

• 1 month later...

Rant;

Okay so I have no one to tag along with to attack the mountain pass so I'll just have to vent with words. . . So yesterday I went over to the shop that has had my Starion for months already so I can transfer it to take it to another shop as I was told it ran again. . well turns out it's worse then when I brought it in. At least it would run beforehand now she won't even start. I'm getting no spark. Now I feel that they should fix the problem before I take it away because then road race would have to fix there mistakes on top of getting it tuned which I'm sure wouldn't come cheap. But then again as it is the car is just sitting with the present shop making no progress. . I'm so frustrated it sucks. I did realize though not to take it to a "friends" I should have went to road race in the beginning. Anyway I'll shut up now but this whole thing ugh.

/rant

Rant;

Okay so I have no one to tag along with to attack the mountain pass so I'll just have to vent with words. . . So yesterday I went over to the shop that has had my Starion for months already so I can transfer it to take it to another shop as I was told it ran again. . well turns out it's worse then when I brought it in. At least it would run beforehand now she won't even start. I'm getting no spark. Now I feel that they should fix the problem before I take it away because then road race would have to fix there mistakes on top of getting it tuned which I'm sure wouldn't come cheap. But then again as it is the car is just sitting with the present shop making no progress. . I'm so frustrated it sucks. I did realize though not to take it to a "friends" I should have went to road race in the beginning. Anyway I'll shut up now but this whole thing ugh.

/rant

Situation sucks, are they expecting you to pay them anything for what they have "done" to it? If not it may just be better to cut your losses and take it elsewhere even if it has to get towed.

Yeah it does. I ended up bringing her back home. The shop didn't charge anything as it should be. But now I have to start over again well in terms of getting everything syned up and her running again. I just hope it is something simple. That was just overlooked by them or something like that. We'll see...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I am quite certain it works. I get the cam signal fine. I don't have a trigger the dizzy reads both. It's a 24 tooth wheel. Is there some way to check if my quad spark is working? I think I have gone through everything else that is related to ignition; besides that. No one with knowledge on the swap is local to me is there? I really want my car back. :(

• 2 months later...
I know you say your fuel pressure is 40psi. Is it possible to have someone crank over the car while you watch the fuel pressure? I had a situation where someone brought me there mpi car and could not get it going. There fuel gauge read 40 psi too. When I would turn the key I would get the initial start fuel spray. But as soon as you cranked it. It shot over 100 psi. The fuel pressure regulator was never set. But after the pump turned off it would bleed off to 40. I thank my wife for this. Lol I was getting really pissed. Then she came in the garage. I asked if she could crank it over for me. While I tried to set timing. And bam. I saw the fuel pressure shoot to the moon. It was a Bosch adjustable fuel pressure regulator. Hope this helps.

It's such a brief start the gauge really doesn't change. Do you run megasquirt? I can send you the tune Scott sent me. But I figure he knows what to set it at. I haven't changed it.

Import, so do you suggest adjusting the pressure? It ran before on what's it's at. Never ran great but ran.

Scott is the man to get you up and running, have you tried to adjust you basic fuel? how it the timing via timing light? MS is easy to get started the hard part is get it running good. what is your injector size? on your basic fuel what number is it? 13? 19? it is all relevant.

In my case even with a modded stock ignitor for ignition control it still wouldn't control spark (or stay running--would start for a second, then shut off). I had to buy a MSD 6a box and a tach adapter in order to get a clean tach signal. If your tach isn't bouncing when you are cranking it over then you aren't getting a signal. The tach adapter has a pullup resistor in it that brings the signal up to 12v--it needs to be 5v and usually if you are using a modded dizzy for the signal it's under a volt and MS can't pick up on it. Scott helped me figure that out along with Notstock88. Edited by polarisman14

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Can anyone check these out for me. I don't know how to read these really..I can email you if it is easier.. I just don't know why the car keeps dieing

http://i874.photobucket.com/albums/ab308/LAJits-media/log2_zps3t1asaav.jpg

http://i874.photobucket.com/albums/ab308/LAJits-media/log1_zpsdcnfh5gv.jpg

Edited by StallionProject86