The Great MAFT Settings Thread

tehzack

So i installed my maft and modded thunderracing 3.5" maf. Idles great accelerates good but anything on the posistive side of boost and it falls on its face. Back story..the car ran decent stock. It cut out on the high side but was ok. the injector connectors were bad so i replaced them with some 1g dsm connectors and installed bigger aftermarket injectors. After doing so car idled alot better but from 1psi to 7 psi it wouldnt do anything but beyond 7psi it would catch up and fly. So today i installed my maft and gm mafs and it idles even better excellerates good but when it makes positive boost i wont go. Ive tried every possible combination on the dials nothing helps

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Easy way to figure out where you should be is to take the total amount of both injectors, add them together and divide by 4. Seeing as how the Maf T is supposed to be calibrated for a four injector vehicle.

For example I run a 950/1280 setup. Its around 560cc per cylinder. I set mine just below the setting for 550 injectors. That way instead of having to add fuel (richening the mix) constantly I am leaning it out where needed

• 4 months later...

Just got my wideband installed and took car for a spin...fresh engine rebuild with about 200miles on it currently...

Have 16G @ 12psi, delphi 650/950, 3" exhaust, etc....Currently running stock MAF..I have a MAFT but not hooked up yet..Trying to get car running correctly/smooth before I start tuning and playing with boost...

At operating temp, car idles at 11.4-11.7 (pretty rich???).....Under cruise/mid it goes 13-14, and under WOT it pegs at 10.5, but a few times it sputtered and stayed around 12.0, so it wasnt getting enough fuel apparently....

Injectors are new from Brian at Lower Shore and pigtails are new also....

Edited by Preludedude