Milage on ODO

Hi, My name is Luis and...

...and I am a Starquest owner. [support group clap] :lol:

Anyways, been a while since I have regularly surfed the forum but wondering how many miles your vehicles have. For the longest time I had the highest mileage and the farthest distance traveled for a StarQuest-specific meet but my car was down for a total of 2 yrs and 8 months and as of Sept, no long my daily driver so I am sure someone has passed me up by now. With new faces on the board, just wondering who has highest and lowest milage and the farthest distance traveled (one way) for a StarQuest specific meet IN THEIR STARQUEST (not including detours to see friends, etc).

1988 Starion ESiR 269,300 mi on ODO (bought is with 56K in 91) and farthest distance is ~1740mi in 2000 from Austin, TX to E-Town, NJ via BoostedYack's house in PA.

Edited by Austin88ESiR

I've got almost 77k showing on mine but every time i see that i wonder if the speedo was disconnected for a Very long time at some point by the condition it was in when i bought it at 62k but then again i know for a fact it has sat for 3/4's of it's life broke down. As for long trips i haven't ever taken it for one over 120 miles one way. lol

201,000 miles, bought it with 186,000 miles. As far as running gear goes, the only things I haven't rebuilt is the rear diff and transmission. Otherwise the car handles and drives like it's nearly brand new. ;)

Edit: Longest one way travel to a meet was 300 miles. Wichita, KS, to Branson, MO. But the longest continuous trip I've ever done was 5000 miles. :P

Edited by Maxzillian

89 shp bought it 2 years ago, it had 53k on it, but sits mostly and now it has 55k on it. http://www.starquestclub.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

My red '88 currently has 149,xxx miles on it, and the farthest I've drove it was to a Jimmy meet, around 240 miles 1-way.

My blue '88 currently has 94,xxx miles on it, and the farthest I've drove it was to a Pigeon Forge meet, around 190 miles away.

Over a year ago an asian guy attended a meet with a 85.5 flatty with at that time had 364,000 miles on the clock , the Cali members here will know the guys name , asian guy , does smog tech for a living.

Farthest trip, one way, for a starquest meet, guys. Wanting to see how far ppl are willing to trust their cars for a meet :P Unfortunately for me, most meets are quite far from Central Texas. :(

Keep em coming!

Edited by Austin88ESiR

My dad's Accord Odo stopped working at 275k, he since drove the car for 6 years before getting a new one. never had any major repairs done on it, a lot of secondary components broke though. I think it was close to 400k miles when he scrapped it.

does moving from upstate ny to Las Vegas NV then going

to a meet at torrence californina count? thats about

2,676 miles all done in a quest. the B-71 that Coke now

ownes. also noted it was on the stock block and turbo

with about 130,000 miles on the motor and stock turbo.

:ph34r:

Edited by importwarrior

Florida to Texas to Nevada to California for a *DM meet in 2008 then back to Vegas all in a mpi car to , good times, lots of miles , lots of smiles ! :)

Mine has 192k on it..Longest drive was back in "95 I went from Denver to Miami 2065 miles each way spent 2 weeks there and came back with only doing an oil change inbetween...Same year I went from denver to cleveland and back 1400 miles each way..again just an oil change...I turned the boost down and cruised all the way no worries....

My 86 is at 97K just now now, longest trip it's done is 1500 miles from Las Vegas to Houston (and then towed to NC this year).

Longest trips have been me and Scotty in our old 86 flatty from Las Vegas to GA, 2100 miles and the same trip twice in Scotty's silver 88.

Next trip will be Las Vegas to NC when I pick up the black 88 from Scotty, that will be about 2300 I think.

Colinhttp://www.starquestclub.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/cool.gif

Edited by colingibb

odometer readings have very little to do with a cars value , if the engine was rebuilt to specs and the drive line service'd and in top condition,, what does the mileage have to do with any thing

to be honest your some times better off with a high mileage car over one with mid high mileage,, the real high mileage car would most likely have the need'd maintiance items already redone where the 100k mile car is just now starting to need the miantiance :)

My '88 Starion ESIR SHP is on it's second speedometer. And that one crapped out in 12/09.

The car had 3.6 miles on the odometer when I drove it out of the dealers lot in Sacramento in 1/88.

The original one took a dump in '05 with 225,552K on it. I probably put on about 5K Miles, before I replaced it. But I am not counting that cuz I don't know for sure.

The second used one that I installed had 114,004 miles on it when I replaced the original. It crapped out in 12/09 with 247,692, for a elapsed mileage of 133,688 since 4/05.

Since 12/09, when the second speedo crapped out, using my GPS, according to my gas mileage log I have put on 6,526 miles up until Thursday when I filled up. Plus 65 miles as it now reads in the GPS trip log.

+ 65

365,831 documented miles since she was brandy new

Longest Starquest Meet mileage from Atlanta to Lizella GA (just North of Macon) 90 miles

Longest trip mileage - from 7/09 through 11/09 covered every state West of the Mississippi except for Missouri & Iowa - about 19000 miles.

For What It's Worth

KEN

Heading back to Tulsa OK, this coming Wednesday 6/9/10 - 876 miles. Then from Tulsa to Pigeon Forge for the meet over the 4th; then back to Atlanta.

EDIT - Thanks BOHO for mentioning the short block, it is the original VIRGIN short block, but the rod bearings were replaced in 05; and the BSE and new timing & oil pump chains in '06 & '08. Other than that she is a virgin with 130- 133 PSIG compression across the pots. I'm still running the original oil pump. Oil pressure is almost the same as brandy new. Oil & filter is changed every 2 - 2.5K miles and I've been proactive on all maintainance since she was new. OH YEAH - I DON'T BEAT THE CRAP OUT OF THE OLD GIRL, altho I don't baby her on the Interstates.

Edited by Starfighterpilot