Needed a fcon sensor for a long time member

quikconq

I have heard of people using the gm 3 bar map sensor. I have both sensors on my car and could hook the hks one to my data logger to chart the difference.

Oh, and the fcon works really well with a afc ahead of it. What the fcon does really well is smooth out erratic injector pules caused by the crap mas sensors we run. I have mine set on 4 right now and use the afc to dial in the afr.

2010 [/sub]- 09:27 PM' timestamp='1274232447' post='1035565']

I have heard of people using the gm 3 bar map sensor. I have both sensors on my car and could hook the hks one to my data logger to chart the difference.

Oh, and the fcon works really well with a afc ahead of it. What the fcon does really well is smooth out erratic injector pules caused by the crap mas sensors we run. I have mine set on 4 right now and use the afc to dial in the afr.

you are using both the vacumn sensor and the gm 3 bar?

can you use the gm 3 bar map,,,by itself?

Thanx

Thanks for the help guys! I believe the sensor has a tag reading Denso, Sensor Assy and part number 949940-6110. HKS discontinued it 8 Yrs ago and depleted their stock 4 yrs ago. I understand it mounts on the firewall, but not esactly where. I'm not familiar with the GM MAP, but would expect it to screw into the intake, meaning I'd need to drill & tap, which I'm not excited about. Would also need the wiring required, since the harness connector wouldn't match up. -Tom

you are using both the vacumn sensor and the gm 3 bar?

can you use the gm 3 bar map,,,by itself?

Thanx

Both are 3 wire 0-5 volt map senders, that can be mounted to a bracket or even wired tied fast. I have the gm sensor wired to a data logger. I could wire the hks to the data logger as well to see the differnce in the voltage output. I suspect you would not know the difference using the gm map sensor. Lots of turbo cars had map sensors, there maybe one in a jy that would may work fine.

The scale is calibrated to the 3 bar GM mas. I do not think the fcon does any thing at vacuum or low boost. It looks like the gm map sensor will bring the hks effect in slightly sooner. The gm 3 bar sensor should work ok.

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff45/StarquestRescue/Data%20logs/HKSvsGM3Bar.jpg

Edited by StarquestRescue