FS: '87 Flattie Technica - 56k miles, rare MINT interior, 99% original

87techie

1987 Chrysler Conquest TECHNICA ...

One owner since 1987 up until Dec-09...the only thing replaced/upgraded were plug wires, hi-spark coil, Kenwood cd player, and muffler with stupid tip that needs to be cut off.

Equipment: power windows, power locks, power mirrors, cruise control, tilt wheel, automatic climate control with WORKING cold a/c, automatic tranny and deluxe interior.

I've looked at about 50-60 different models of these cars and I have yet to see one with this kind of interior, so it must be rare or hard to find.

The interior is like a plush velour, deep blood red color that looks like new, no wear and tear of any kind. Seat belts, dash, console, trunk area are all in like new condition.

Exterior is almost as nice...paint is all original and shiny, wheels are nice with no rubs or rashes, only two very small imperfections that I have pictured here, very minor fixes.

As far as the digital dash goes, it looks like new, and its pictured below. Everything works; guages, lights, pop-up headlights, turns, wipers, windows, seat belts, etc. etc.

Mechanically, the only thing I can find wrong with it is the power steering squeeks at low speeds...its not leaking and it works, just makes some squeeking noise.

Looking to sell it for about $6,000 obo...would consider straight trades or trades with cash with them. Not looking for any projects of any kind, unless they have good cash with them.

I can be reached directly at 9-one-2-two-6-six-2-four-5-five or you can email me directly at HLLRZRBRB "at" y a h o o "dot" com.

I won't be able to get on here every day so the best thing to do is call or email me if you are serious. I have more pictures also, if you want to see more.

post-17101-126801970928_thumb.jpg

post-17101-126802033307_thumb.jpg

post-17101-126802035269_thumb.jpg

post-17101-126802037487_thumb.jpg

post-17101-126802038909_thumb.jpg

post-17101-126802040674_thumb.jpg

post-17101-126802042828_thumb.jpg

post-17101-12680204522_thumb.jpg

Edited by 87techie

912 is georgia

It is in GA now...it was in FLA before...at the previous price tag, there were issues with the car that needed to be fixed and since, have been repaired.

Asking price is now $6000 obo...of course I am willing to negotiate the price, gotta start somewhere.

Just like always, if you ask for your bottom dollar price, someone is always going to come behind you and offer you less,

then get their feelings hurt when you can't lower the price to meet them.

This car really needs to be seen to believe how clean and nice it is...and I promise, we can make a deal if you like it.

Dang, I have been looking for a flatty auto technica but that is too steep. Even in mint shape it still will need a heap of attention and parts. It is nice looking from the pics, good luck with the sale.

Scott

Dang, I have been looking for a flatty auto technica but that is too steep. Even in mint shape it still will need a heap of attention and parts. It is nice looking from the pics, good luck with the sale.

Scott

Yeah, it is in near mint condition so I dont know what you mean by needing " a heap of attention and parts".

Finding any car in this condition is rare in itself, no matter what the car...finding a flatty auto tech to boot, ever rarer.

What price were you thinking? I'm sure you'd like me to give it away, but come on, be for real...whats it worth to you?

I'm willing to wheel and deal...but I'm not going to let someone steal it away.

If this was a flabbybody peeps would be all over it , flatties are tough to sell no matter how nice and are sadly very underated, these guys in what ever way they choose to word their posts are trying to help ,if you can get $2500 for a nice flatbod is this economy be thankful. reason for edit , forgot to add FLATTY LOVE :wub: Edited by scottygibb

To UCW48:

I didnt come back with any FU response, that was your interpretation. I shot his logic down and asked him to keep his non-relevent opinions to himself. That is a far cry different from telling someone to go F themselves...if you choose to read that in my response, then you need help.

Of course, its worth what its worth and only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I read alot of posts on here and saw many, many low mileage quests, some even with issues, and the owners were asking over $5000 and more for them. Yeah, there are even some immaculate ones over $10k and $12k. I dont think those are worth that but obviously someone on here does. I know my car isnt half as nice or desireable as those so I didnt try to price mine like it was.

But the bottom line is this....whatever I ask for mine, is my business. Again, if I was only asking $500 for it, there wouldnt be ANYONE on here

telling me NO, you CANT sell it for that, thats stupid and crazy. No, they would be beating down my door for it and fighting each other for it.

I've seen shells and blowed up models sell for $500-1000....I've seen high mileage rust buckets sold for $1500-$2500. I really think that

my low mileage, technica, mint interior, in white is worth alot more than any high mileage rust buckets that has a bunch of ebay parts on it.

Again, if you dont agree, I dont care. The rules are what they are and they are meant to be followed. No moderator is going to come to yours

or anyone elses defense and tell them they can break the rules just because I am asking $4k for my car, be for real man.

To ROBERT

I would never trash someone elses car, for any reason, unlike others on here who have already bad-mouthed mine and have never seen it. When I was referring to aftermarket parts, all I was saying is that an ALL ORIGINAL motor and drivetrain is usually an indicator of a well kept car that retains its value. ANY car with a bunch of other parts on it COULD have been raced or ragged or driven hard, not saying yours was at all, but usually the value is less. For instance...take a 1969 Camaro SS....you could have an aftermarket monster 454 motor in it, built to the max, and pushing 600hp on it....BUT it would make the car worth HALF AS MUCH than if you have the all original 454 in it....the car would really be worth half as much in value, because it lost the originality. Thats all I was saying about that. And thanks for clearing up the $2k vs $3k arguement on your car, I was pretty sure it didnt sell that cheap.

People putting their two cents worth in saying what THEY think its worth or what THEY think it should sell for are breaking the rules. Bringing up the fact that someone once sold a similar car for less does nothing but jack the thread and breaks the rules. If certain people on here were polite and considerate and actually followed the rules, none of this would have been an issue. I think its a shame that the MOD for this forum hasnt followed it closely enough to eliminate the activities of others on here and delete the posts that are irrelevant. Where is a mod when you need one??? http://www.starquestclub.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/blink.gif

By the way...I just noticed something....those are the FLATTEST chested Hooters girls I have EVER seen.

That must be the reason why they are smiling and posing with the flattie in Intercooledflatty's sig.

WERD back to ya.

Edited by 87techie

By the way...I just noticed something....those are the FLATTEST chested Hooters girls I have EVER seen.

That must be the reason why they are smiling and posing with the flattie in Intercooledflatty's sig.

WERD back to ya.

Haha was that supposed to be an insult directed at intercooledflatty? I'm just curious cause if so that was the worst "serious" insult I've ever heard in my life. If you were just trying to make a pun, well, alrighty then I guess

Dude you're the one who needs help. You haven't shot anyone down. You're not making any friends here. You're being an crap. Most of us are just watching this thread and laughing because it's entertaining.

You are confusing classic muscle cars with 80s imports. The value of these two car catagories is vastly different. If the previous owner told you it's worth lots of $ just because it is low miles you got fed a line of BS. Furthermore your car is not special. White is an extremely common color. And your interior may be in great shape but it's also the LEAST desireable color. You can't convince us what it's worth because we already know. GLWS

Edited by ucw458

Haha was that supposed to be an insult directed at intercooledflatty? I'm just curious cause if so that was the worst "serious" insult I've ever heard in my life. If you were just trying to make a pun, well, alrighty then I guess

of course it was a pun, or a funny dig at the hooters girls. nothing against him at all, why would it be?

its not his fault those girls are almost as flat as his car...lol!

I just thought it was ironic that they worked at HOOTERS, who is known to have big chested women, thats all.

Just an observation....and the "werd" was back to him since he has posted it twice in my thread, but still, no insult intended.

Sorry if someone took that the wrong way...hopefully they saw the pun the way it was intended.

Dude you're the one who needs help. You haven't shot anyone down. You're not making any friends here. You're being an crap. Most of us are just watching this thread and laughing because it's entertaining.

You are confusing classic muscle cars with 80s imports. The value of these two car catagories is vastly different. If the previous owner told you it's worth lots of $ just because it is low miles you got fed a line of BS. Furthermore your car is not special. White is an extremely common color. And your interior may be in great shape but it's also the LEAST desireable color. You can't convince us what it's worth because we already know. GLWS

DUDE....I dont need help nor input from you, learn to follow the rules and stay out of the thread. Yeah, I did shoot his logic down and I see that you didnt respond to hardly any of mine, which just goes to show that you cant argue with it.

I didnt ask you or anyone else to be my friend...get over it, I dont want to be your friend already. You coming into my thread calling me names and putting my car and price down just goes to show what a tool you are and that you can't follow the basic rules that govern this forum. Watch and laugh at the thread if you want...I have over a dozen PMs from people trying to wheel and deal to buy this car so I think that alot of people on here are serious and you are probably just jealous you dont own it, that must be the reason you keep trying to put it down. White was no where near as common as red, so quit trying to argue that point, its dead. And red interior with white exterior is not least desireable, again, that is just your opinion. Value of the two cars is different....but any classic, which they both are,....when it is an all original car and still in like new condition, running as it should, is still going to be worth more than a car with a motor swap, a bunch of ebay go-fast parts on it, and ran hard.

You can disagree all day with me if you want, but its kinda like you wacking off in your bedroom....no one really cares what you think about it.

So get a clue, get a life, and move on already.

ps...I love the way you keep saying "WE"...what, do you have a mouse in your pocket? I know what the car is worth, I see what others are asking and getting for them on here and other places. Other people know it too, thats why I have PMs asking about it and wanting to make a deal for it.

I think what most people on here are trying to tell you is that you may be sitting with this car for sale for a while at that price. The biggest reason is that the flatbody cars are less desirable than the widebody cars. While the red plush interior may be rare, the 87 Technica package with an Automatic was not. I owned one of the rarest optioned 87 flatbody cars, an LE, 5 speed, black velour interior, in Atlantic Blue, that had been intercooled by the previous owner, and it took me over 3 years to sell the car for $1000 (you can see the details at http://www.starquestclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=45487&st=0). I'm not saying what your car is worth, just that you need to find the right person looking for a car like yours. Good luck with the sale.

Brett

Edited by bld127

If I am not mistaken, This car was advertised on craigslist in some part of florida (or at least it looks just like it). It was a kid that was selling it and he stated it had been handed down from his father......again I am not 100% sure if it is the same car/