Mitsu new bolt on turbos NLA?

StarquestRescue

I was looking up turbo cfm data the other day and read this.

What is up with this quote from the TEP site? Turbo chargers.com's site shows none of there new bolt on turbos in stock. I believe all the new bolt on upgrades are made from new 14g or 12a's Are they nla?

Please with hold your opinion on tep, there pricing and opinion rebuilding. That's another topic. But at some point the housings and turbines do get worn to a point that compromises the life span of a rebuild.

NOTE: 2-1-2010

Everyone with one of these cars knows it has become very difficult to get new Bolt-On Turbocharges these days. Rebuilding stock units is a terrible idea and rarely works out well. The proper parts are just not available to rebuild these old stock units properly which just results in a total waste of money.

well that complete statement is bullstinky. i can get new parts for any mitsu turbo made to the same specs and quality. that dude can go fly a kite in a minefield!

the funny part is that i make brand new turbo's for quests. you can still get the parts, and just because the turbo is old does not mean its junk and cant be rebuild to factory spec.

Ok, was the front brakes involved in dragging that out, or was it pure horsepower? If the former, either your truck has crap for traction, or it has balls! :lol:

Front brakes were involved for the dark spots in the foreground. Then the rest is just lighting them up. Its a truck with a hx40 at 22psi. I have no clue what this traction thing is?! :lol:

Oh i have no hate for small mitsu turbos. I always liked drifting with the 12a compared to the 16g aswell. I would always hate on big turbos until Scotty dont and i threw the holset on my truck...

Edited by BOOSTED88tsi

well that complete statement is bullstinky. i can get new parts for any mitsu turbo made to the same specs and quality. that dude can go fly a kite in a minefield!

the funny part is that i make brand new turbo's for quests. you can still get the parts, and just because the turbo is old does not mean its junk and cant be rebuild to factory spec.

I just aquired an 87 conquest TSI w/56K act put a clutch in it and just do not have the power it shouild the turbo dose not seem to be boosting as it should and it seems to have a slight knockm in the front of the motor DAD from the club site says it sounds like uit could be the Balance Shafts and one ooption is to remove them as a start due to the knock sen that will retard the timeing if a knock is detected the car runs and wuill only give a slight knock when you put it in gear and let out on the clutch I did pull the front tube off the turbo and the fins seem to be moving freely with no unwanted movements IE side to side,back and forth,whatever I have been around cars ALL my life and worked on them all from builds on my 68 Mustang Cali GT to 70 dodge demon 340 six pack, many corrvetts and so on but I am a newbie to the jap market I have only had a 90 300 ZX and still own it and slowly doing a Q45 4.5 alu. V8 motor and trans swap but right now I am wanting to get this TSI done more than ANYTHING I just put a new clutch in and found out that it i9s not running right I bought this car for $1200.00 told it was perfect by the father of a man who had died after paying MANY thousands of dollars for off frame resoration that was in NO WAY needed but the guy loved this car if ANYONE can help me get started on this pleasze help should I take the BS's out of this w/ the motor in the car or take the motor out? I would like to get this car runnin ASAP(running properly t5he carwill start and run no prob) it just does not have the [power it should have please ,PLEASE<PLEASE HELP the newbie if anyone lives in Indiana and knows these cars I would pay

THANK YOU

Conquest Sniper Ph#317-529-8459 or 317-241-1230 DEAN