Maft translator and air fuel ratio settings

Dad

Well I hooked up a 3" GM mas and the Translator, what a difference, but I am still wondering at what range to put the settings at?

At least now on WOT I'm not pig rich but about 11.0 Idle is same or leaner- starts out rich but leans out after it warms up-- will have to get the numbers i think about 14 at idle..

Cruising is the hard part- I

m about 14.6- 15 cruising at 65... it jumps a lot in that range.,,, as soon as i start to accelerate the numbers drop

Sound OK so far??

Just wondering what others have found in safe ranges with the translator..

Thank you

Dad

I can't speak for a translator but I can for the stock computer with my add-on wideband. Best idle is from 13-13.5, WOT it drops to 11.5 and at cruise it "hunts" between 14.5 and 15.2.

Scott

I can't speak for a translator but I can for the stock computer with my add-on wideband. Best idle is from 13-13.5, WOT it drops to 11.5 and at cruise it "hunts" between 14.5 and 15.2.

Scott

Hunt's= Meaning it keeps runinng between those numbers? Mine does

Dad

Scott

Sounds about right :thumbsup: MAF-T does about the same, when set correctly. I'm a little richer at hot idle and my set up at cruise hunts in a wider range ( richer reading on the low end of the "hunt")

CALIBER 308

Edited by Caliber308

Your results sound exactly like mine Dad. I did reset my TPS and now my idle went from high 12s to 14s... I wish I hadnt messed with it.

This mod should almost be standard if your not on the way to MPI. It made a HUGE difference for the better and cost about what?, $250 total??

Edited by 89PalermoSHP

Your results sound exactly like mine Dad. I did reset my TPS and now my idle went from high 12s to 14s... I wish I hadnt messed with it.

Just richen the Idle adjustment on the MAF-Translator. A click or two to the right should do the trick :thumbsup:

CALIBER 308

Thats what I did then it went way too rich... go figure. The best part about it is that I can just re-adjust it. Id still like to get the mid-range a little richer.

What differences could you see having an automatic tranny? I notice when Im sitting at a light in drive the wb shows like 14.5ish but if I throw it in neutral it goes back to 13. Is the ecu seeing load perhaps?

I am trying to decipher the settings, right now I hit WOT it pegs 10.5 then climbs quickly to about 11.5.

I leaned it some on WOT and would be about 10.9 then quickly climb to 12 or a bit above- felt real good there but i am concerned that it may be too lean.

These things don't stay steady very long.

Besides blowing a piston how can i tell if i am too lean?

Dad

Edited by Dad

10-12 is rich correct?

I know 10 is very rich, but not sure where 12 fits in, Seems that there is no real info cut in stone on the correct settings.

I had it near 12 yesterday- ( starts low then goes quick to around 12) Felt real good in the Butt dyno, but I'm not sure that it's not too lean??

Dad

well 14.7 is stoich so I would say 12 is still on the safe side. But I also must say I dont tune so...

Do you have the dyno numbers before and after the GM MAS install?

I'm still running the stock MAS and was thinking about the GM upgrade as well.

Do you have the dyno numbers before and after the GM MAS install?

I'm still running the stock MAS and was thinking about the GM upgrade as well.

Who was on a dyno??

I wasn't ,...... I had a 1g mas prior to the translator.

Ran pig rich on WOT 10 . Cruise around 15 but woul go rich as soon as i start boosting.

If I hit it hard it would miss sometimes it was so rich.

Dad