Jump to content



Burnt Rubber and Race Gas Candle


  • Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 Fanta

Fanta

    StarQuest Stalker

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,842 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Alpharetta, GA
  • Model:Other

Posted 29 October 2013 - 10:15 AM

Posted Image

Shame its just a photoshop....

( but I'm going to try to make a candle like this anyways :D )
Posted Image

1988 Mitsubishi Starion ESiR with 38k and for sale http://bit.ly/1mTCHlz
2004 Subaru Forest 2.5XT SOLD!
2008 Mazda Miata GT





#2 psu_Crash

psu_Crash

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,669 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Lawrenceville PA
  • Interests:400+ WHP 450+ WTQ!!
  • Model:Starion

Posted 29 October 2013 - 11:13 AM

My GF is a yankee candle nut. I'm showing this to her under the assumption that it's real ;)
'86 Starion, MPI with MS2extra, HX35 w Bullseye .70 A/R hotside,  , P&P head, OS SS Valves, Wiseco +.030, ARP head/rod, O-Ringed Block, Schneider 284-H, prepped rods,AEM H2O/Meth Injection, Mighty Max CAS 4 Direct Fire Wasted Spark, BSE, Tial 38mm, Modded Stock exhaust mani, HKS turbo timer and EVC3, AEM UEGO, 3" DP into 2 1/2" Dual Exhaust, 75# Delphi's, Magna modded by Chad, Accufab FPR, Walbro 255, sitting on KYB/MK1, ST Springs, Poly Bushings, Funk-Lock, LED Tails and Dome ... etc^4
87 Valencia Gold TSI, The new Project
My Feedback Link
Posted Image

#3 jszucs

jszucs

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,217 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cleveland OH
  • Interests:"Keep the turbo spooled!"
  • Model:Conquest

Posted 29 October 2013 - 11:27 AM

 psu_Crash, on 29 October 2013 - 11:13 AM, said:

My GF is a yankee candle nut. I'm showing this to her under the assumption that it's real ;)

Sorry for your pocket books luck.  I'm sorry $40 for a large candle..... they smell good and all but I need a little more then smells good for $40

#4 scott87star

scott87star

    Established Member

  • Vendors
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,093 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Bellingham, Washington
  • Model:Starion

Posted 29 October 2013 - 01:14 PM

Should be nitro fumes and burnt rubber.
Now selling true plug and play megasquirt!

I can upgrade your Fuel Injection Pro firmware

Performance Coatings!  Pistons, manifolds, bearings and more!

Now a graduate of EFI University!  www.efi101.com

#5 Burton

Burton

    Addicted Starquester

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,805 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Seguin TX
  • Interests:Hold up wait a minute let me put some pimpin in it
  • Model:Starion

Posted 29 October 2013 - 01:22 PM

I love those smells when I'm at the track, and depending on how the wind is blowing, I can even smell it from the track I live by. That said, I would not want my house smelling like that all the time.
Mark
88 Starion
87 TSI Custom (wife's)
85.5 Starion
98 Mercedes-Benz S420
11 Kia Surento(wife's)
93 Nissan 300ZX 'Vert

Posted Image

http://www.26liter.us/

21 chapter online Body/Paint/Detailing manual

Best SQ virtual GARAGE on the net

Stuff to make your SQ look cool!

Burtonscustoms.com

#6 jszucs

jszucs

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,217 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cleveland OH
  • Interests:"Keep the turbo spooled!"
  • Model:Conquest

Posted 29 October 2013 - 01:23 PM

 scott87star, on 29 October 2013 - 01:14 PM, said:

Should be nitro fumes and burnt rubber.

Can we get a race gas and burnt rubber sent too?  Love the sweet smell of race gas.

#7 Fanta

Fanta

    StarQuest Stalker

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,842 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Alpharetta, GA
  • Model:Other

Posted 29 October 2013 - 01:26 PM

 jszucs, on 29 October 2013 - 01:23 PM, said:

Can we get a race gas and burnt rubber sent too?  Love the sweet smell of race gas.

I'm not kidding when I said I'm making a candle. I found the fragrance oils of burned rubber and high octane gas - soy based wax and an apothercary jar is worth the $30 for me to see how it all smell :lol:
Posted Image

1988 Mitsubishi Starion ESiR with 38k and for sale http://bit.ly/1mTCHlz
2004 Subaru Forest 2.5XT SOLD!
2008 Mazda Miata GT

#8 louswheel01

louswheel01

    King Kong Status

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,295 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sun Valley, CA.
  • Model:Conquest

Posted 29 October 2013 - 01:28 PM

 jszucs, on 29 October 2013 - 11:27 AM, said:



Sorry for your pocket books luck.  I'm sorry $40 for a large candle..... they smell good and all but I need a little more then smells good for $40

You are not looking at it the right way, if you make that Enviroment smell good, the little lady may be inclined to give you a happy ending.

I don't know about Burnt rubber smell, That may only attract other dudes.

#9 Burton

Burton

    Addicted Starquester

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,805 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Seguin TX
  • Interests:Hold up wait a minute let me put some pimpin in it
  • Model:Starion

Posted 29 October 2013 - 01:31 PM

 Fanta, on 29 October 2013 - 01:26 PM, said:



I'm not kidding when I said I'm making a candle. I found the fragrance oils of burned rubber and high octane gas - soy based wax and an apothercary jar is worth the $30 for me to see how it all smell :lol:

Somehow, I don't think it will smell as good as you think it will ;)

Mark
88 Starion
87 TSI Custom (wife's)
85.5 Starion
98 Mercedes-Benz S420
11 Kia Surento(wife's)
93 Nissan 300ZX 'Vert

Posted Image

http://www.26liter.us/

21 chapter online Body/Paint/Detailing manual

Best SQ virtual GARAGE on the net

Stuff to make your SQ look cool!

Burtonscustoms.com

#10 psu_Crash

psu_Crash

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,669 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Lawrenceville PA
  • Interests:400+ WHP 450+ WTQ!!
  • Model:Starion

Posted 29 October 2013 - 01:32 PM

 louswheel01, on 29 October 2013 - 01:28 PM, said:

You are not looking at it the right way, if you make that Enviroment smell good, the little lady may be inclined to give you a happy ending.


I approve of this message!
But Fanta is right, those things are expensive so Christmas is the only time I buy any.
'86 Starion, MPI with MS2extra, HX35 w Bullseye .70 A/R hotside,  , P&P head, OS SS Valves, Wiseco +.030, ARP head/rod, O-Ringed Block, Schneider 284-H, prepped rods,AEM H2O/Meth Injection, Mighty Max CAS 4 Direct Fire Wasted Spark, BSE, Tial 38mm, Modded Stock exhaust mani, HKS turbo timer and EVC3, AEM UEGO, 3" DP into 2 1/2" Dual Exhaust, 75# Delphi's, Magna modded by Chad, Accufab FPR, Walbro 255, sitting on KYB/MK1, ST Springs, Poly Bushings, Funk-Lock, LED Tails and Dome ... etc^4
87 Valencia Gold TSI, The new Project
My Feedback Link
Posted Image

#11 jszucs

jszucs

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,217 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cleveland OH
  • Interests:"Keep the turbo spooled!"
  • Model:Conquest

Posted 29 October 2013 - 01:56 PM

 louswheel01, on 29 October 2013 - 01:28 PM, said:

You are not looking at it the right way, if you make that Enviroment smell good, the little lady may be inclined to give you a happy ending.

I don't know about Burnt rubber smell, That may only attract other dudes.

Ha she can give me a happy ending whenever I want or she can get out.... if it smells she needs to clean more.

I think grass, gas or, A is the saying you guys know.

Edited by jszucs, 29 October 2013 - 01:57 PM.


#12 Fanta

Fanta

    StarQuest Stalker

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,842 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Alpharetta, GA
  • Model:Other

Posted 29 October 2013 - 02:02 PM

 psu_Crash, on 29 October 2013 - 01:32 PM, said:

I approve of this message!
But Fanta is right, those things are expensive so Christmas is the only time I buy any.

Haha, thats fine - could always then brand off to just like high octane, burnt rubber, or something a mix of leather and high octane or something.

One thing I have learned about the internet, is you can make money out of the strangest things. My girlfriend goes to the Coach outlet store, buys last seasons purses for $20-30 and flips them on eBay and Amazon for $100+. There's entire six figure businesses built around selling vintage clothing from thrift stores. I've sold dirty used socks for $60. I know a guy who makes $70k/year answering less than 10 emails a day, running a porn fetish site that caters to very rich men who want to be dominated. Cam girls demand money and they just give it, etc. Also on said site is feet and fart fetishes. Affords him the luxury of time creating mobile apps too.

Plus, figure it as a sort of novelty item. Go off the figure from 1320video of facebook likes, which was around 20k, I figure that at least a quarter of those people would at the least buy one just for the novelty aspect of it. That's still $125,000 gross.

Edited by Fanta, 29 October 2013 - 02:03 PM.

Posted Image

1988 Mitsubishi Starion ESiR with 38k and for sale http://bit.ly/1mTCHlz
2004 Subaru Forest 2.5XT SOLD!
2008 Mazda Miata GT

#13 Burton

Burton

    Addicted Starquester

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,805 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Seguin TX
  • Interests:Hold up wait a minute let me put some pimpin in it
  • Model:Starion

Posted 29 October 2013 - 02:13 PM

 Fanta, on 29 October 2013 - 02:02 PM, said:



Haha, thats fine - could always then brand off to just like high octane, burnt rubber, or something a mix of leather and high octane or something.

One thing I have learned about the internet, is you can make money out of the strangest things. My girlfriend goes to the Coach outlet store, buys last seasons purses for $20-30 and flips them on eBay and Amazon for $100+. There's entire six figure businesses built around selling vintage clothing from thrift stores. I've sold dirty used socks for $60. I know a guy who makes $70k/year answering less than 10 emails a day, running a porn fetish site that caters to very rich men who want to be dominated. Cam girls demand money and they just give it, etc. Also on said site is feet and fart fetishes. Affords him the luxury of time creating mobile apps too.

Plus, figure it as a sort of novelty item. Go off the figure from 1320video of facebook likes, which was around 20k, I figure that at least a quarter of those people would at the least buy one just for the novelty aspect of it. That's still $125,000 gross.


You ain't kidding about weird stuff to sell... There's a whole market on Craigslist for positive pregnancy tests. People are paying $20+ for them, I guess to try and trap some dudes into thinking they're pregnant? Maybe a gag gift? I tried to get the wife into doing that, but she apparently has better morals than me LOL. Havin' babies is expensive, so I thought it would be a great way to supplememnt our income while the wife is preggers.
Mark
88 Starion
87 TSI Custom (wife's)
85.5 Starion
98 Mercedes-Benz S420
11 Kia Surento(wife's)
93 Nissan 300ZX 'Vert

Posted Image

http://www.26liter.us/

21 chapter online Body/Paint/Detailing manual

Best SQ virtual GARAGE on the net

Stuff to make your SQ look cool!

Burtonscustoms.com

#14 jszucs

jszucs

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,217 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cleveland OH
  • Interests:"Keep the turbo spooled!"
  • Model:Conquest

Posted 29 October 2013 - 02:13 PM

 Fanta, on 29 October 2013 - 02:02 PM, said:

Haha, thats fine - could always then brand off to just like high octane, burnt rubber, or something a mix of leather and high octane or something.

One thing I have learned about the internet, is you can make money out of the strangest things. My girlfriend goes to the Coach outlet store, buys last seasons purses for $20-30 and flips them on eBay and Amazon for $100+. There's entire six figure businesses built around selling vintage clothing from thrift stores. I've sold dirty used socks for $60. I know a guy who makes $70k/year answering less than 10 emails a day, running a porn fetish site that caters to very rich men who want to be dominated. Cam girls demand money and they just give it, etc. Also on said site is feet and fart fetishes. Affords him the luxury of time creating mobile apps too.

Plus, figure it as a sort of novelty item. Go off the figure from 1320video of facebook likes, which was around 20k, I figure that at least a quarter of those people would at the least buy one just for the novelty aspect of it. That's still $125,000 gross.

That is true, people will buy whatever you tell them to buy.  As for your girl don't let her lie to you, they are not going for 20-30 a bag, even the wallets.  Also do not let coach get wind of that, they flip on that stuff.

There already is a leather and something candle.  It's not bad.

#15 jszucs

jszucs

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,217 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cleveland OH
  • Interests:"Keep the turbo spooled!"
  • Model:Conquest

Posted 29 October 2013 - 02:14 PM

 Burton, on 29 October 2013 - 02:13 PM, said:

You ain't kidding about weird stuff to sell... There's a whole market on Craigslist for positive pregnancy tests. People are paying $20+ for them, I guess to try and trap some dudes into thinking they're pregnant? Maybe a gag gift? I tried to get the wife into doing that, but she apparently has better morals than me LOL. Havin' babies is expensive, so I thought it would be a great way to supplememnt our income while the wife is preggers.

Your a painter..... DUDE PAINT LINES ON THEM  ;)

#16 Burton

Burton

    Addicted Starquester

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,805 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Seguin TX
  • Interests:Hold up wait a minute let me put some pimpin in it
  • Model:Starion

Posted 29 October 2013 - 02:19 PM



 jszucs, on 29 October 2013 - 02:13 PM, said:


  Also do not let coach get wind of that, they flip on that stuff.




There's really nothing Coach can do about it. The only thing they can go after you for is selling fake stuff as real stuff. The consumer paid the price Coach asked for it, so if the consumer can sell it for more to someone else, there's no laws against that.

Edited by Burton, 29 October 2013 - 02:19 PM.

Mark
88 Starion
87 TSI Custom (wife's)
85.5 Starion
98 Mercedes-Benz S420
11 Kia Surento(wife's)
93 Nissan 300ZX 'Vert

Posted Image

http://www.26liter.us/

21 chapter online Body/Paint/Detailing manual

Best SQ virtual GARAGE on the net

Stuff to make your SQ look cool!

Burtonscustoms.com

#17 Burton

Burton

    Addicted Starquester

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,805 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Seguin TX
  • Interests:Hold up wait a minute let me put some pimpin in it
  • Model:Starion

Posted 29 October 2013 - 02:21 PM

 jszucs, on 29 October 2013 - 02:14 PM, said:



Your a painter..... DUDE PAINT LINES ON THEM  ;)


LOL! By the time I bought the paint, the tests and wasted a bunch of time intricately taping all the tests off for paint, I'd probably be losing money. Meanwhile, my wife could make fistfuls of them every time she pees
Mark
88 Starion
87 TSI Custom (wife's)
85.5 Starion
98 Mercedes-Benz S420
11 Kia Surento(wife's)
93 Nissan 300ZX 'Vert

Posted Image

http://www.26liter.us/

21 chapter online Body/Paint/Detailing manual

Best SQ virtual GARAGE on the net

Stuff to make your SQ look cool!

Burtonscustoms.com

#18 jszucs

jszucs

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,217 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cleveland OH
  • Interests:"Keep the turbo spooled!"
  • Model:Conquest

Posted 29 October 2013 - 03:33 PM

 Burton, on 29 October 2013 - 02:19 PM, said:

There's really nothing Coach can do about it. The only thing they can go after you for is selling fake stuff as real stuff. The consumer paid the price Coach asked for it, so if the consumer can sell it for more to someone else, there's no laws against that.

Better reread that receipt from the outlet then.  You enter into that contract with them when you make the purchuse.  It's esentuly like you selling a ticket to something for other then face value.

Edited by jszucs, 29 October 2013 - 03:34 PM.


#19 Fanta

Fanta

    StarQuest Stalker

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,842 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Alpharetta, GA
  • Model:Other

Posted 04 November 2013 - 11:24 PM

Posted Image

:ph34r:
Posted Image

1988 Mitsubishi Starion ESiR with 38k and for sale http://bit.ly/1mTCHlz
2004 Subaru Forest 2.5XT SOLD!
2008 Mazda Miata GT

#20 D3UC3S

D3UC3S

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 326 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Woodstock, Georgia
  • Interests:Cooler than a polar bears toenails
  • Model:Conquest

Posted 04 November 2013 - 11:30 PM

Lol you are crazy man!!
Banana-rama 88 'quest




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users