SOHC MPI Manifolds

ZacMan

I've found a couple of Magna's sitting in a field locally with the 2.6 MPI 4g54 fitted. Anyone interested in the manifolds? Any other bits?

Shipping would be pretty horriffic on them, but if anyone wants to PM me and offer the going rate (which I have no idea of), I can go an grab them, and any other bits needed for the swap. Won't worry about it if no one is after them though... Thus the post :).

Cheers.

Zac.

A while back, some one stuffed 3 in a box.Then when they got to the states they were divided up. Helped with the shipping. I have one already. Unmodified they go for about $250shipped in the usa. $450-500 modded.

Contact Brian arnone at Lower Shores, he could maybe do the modding and make the deal happen.

Cheers guys. Good to know there is a need for them over there. A member has PM'd me about buying all the ones I can find, to then modify for you guys. Makes sense to do it that way, as it will save on shipping. I'll get onto it during the week :).

He seems to busy to go to the post office to send out t56 kits. No way he would have time to modify manifolds.

Lol I know that's right

Yeah, sorry for whining 'bout that lately. The SQ gods were smiling and one became available. Too bad about Chad tho. Hope he's okay. He does great work (my MPI intake & header) but there are more important things than cars.

Brain @ LowerShores does Magnas I think. With several pics and measurements most skilled welders should be able to copy the conversions.

I went and had a much better look at these today, and they seem a little different to the MPI intakes you guys are using. 2 piece design, and really really long runners, so probably not what you guys are after alas :(.

http://i750.photobucket.com/albums/xx141/ProZac83/Starion%20Project/mpiintake1.jpg

I went and had a much better look at these today, and they seem a little different to the MPI intakes you guys are using. 2 piece design, and really really long runners, so probably not what you guys are after alas :(.

http://i750.photobucket.com/albums/xx141/ProZac83/Starion%20Project/mpiintake1.jpg

I believe those are the ones that wont clear our brake booster/master cylinder.. so i suppose it is not the one most people are after. :( Thanks for checking and reporting them to us though. We are always in need of a MPI source and the magna seems to be our best option for the dollar.

I believe those are the ones that wont clear our brake booster/master cylinder.. so i suppose it is not the one most people are after. :( Thanks for checking and reporting them to us though. We are always in need of a MPI source and the magna seems to be our best option for the dollar.

could the runners be cut/abbreviated to account for that? seems like an awful waste of good potentials if so.

now that i look at my magna, i see what you mean. the runners coming from the plenum look longer AND are at an angle (toward the firewall in the photo)...which i would think should mean that the connecting runners are even longer. my runners from the plenum go straight down. the plenum looks as if sits higher than on my magna too...already makes me think about hood clearance, to say nothing of my tri-strut bars.

A competant machinist/alloy welder could certainly do it... But with swapping the throttlebody and water outlets ends too, you're looking at almost as much work to just make one from scratch.

I was so excited when i found these too, dag nabbit. Will keep an eye out.