leesfer

Jurassic Parts

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 833 posts
  • Interests:Speed
  • Model:Starion

Posted 11 May 2012 - 07:16 PM

Does anyone have a color wiring harness diagram?

I am trying to identify all the plugs on my stock harness but the one page that I found in the FSM doesn't show the colors of the wires

I am looking at this:
Posted Image

And trying to identify these:
Posted Image

Edited by leesfer, 11 May 2012 - 08:42 PM.

1986 Mitsubishi Starion: Holset HX35, BEP .63A/R hot side, Turbonetics T3 manifold, Magna MPI with 65mm TB, roller rockers and Screaming Banshee cam, MegaSquirt ECU, Turbosmart 38MM wastegate, TurboXS RFL blow off valve, 2.5" hard pipes, 4" *DM intercooler, SR20 aluminum radiator and fan shroud, MSD 6al and tach adapter, MSD Blaster 2 coil, NGK plugs and wires

Leesfer's Build Thread

#2 apate

apate

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 328 posts
  • Model:Conquest

Posted 11 May 2012 - 08:46 PM

Assuming this harness is from an 86 here is a link to the wiring diagram.

http://www.starquest...ng_diagrams.pdf

I would start on page 5 look at the connection around the injector plugs on the top of the page and also look at the bottom of the page

Hope this helps
Allen

#3 leesfer

leesfer

Jurassic Parts

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 09:40 PM

Whoa that is wild, there aren't any more simple diagrams? A colored diagram would be awesome but I doubt that exists

Or maybe something that shows what each connector goes to, that would be great
1986 Mitsubishi Starion: Holset HX35, BEP .63A/R hot side, Turbonetics T3 manifold, Magna MPI with 65mm TB, roller rockers and Screaming Banshee cam, MegaSquirt ECU, Turbosmart 38MM wastegate, TurboXS RFL blow off valve, 2.5" hard pipes, 4" *DM intercooler, SR20 aluminum radiator and fan shroud, MSD 6al and tach adapter, MSD Blaster 2 coil, NGK plugs and wires

Leesfer's Build Thread

#4 19cturbo

19cturbo

BREAKFAST OF CHAMPIONS! BOOST!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,318 posts
  • Interests:cars

Posted 11 May 2012 - 10:55 PM

why are you needing to know what those plugs are? are you not removing the stock harness?

anyway, top left looks like the dizzy plug, and the three plugs running off of it look like they are for coolant temp sensor. one for gauge one for ecu, the other im not sure about.

top right looks like the TPS plug, and the one running off of it would got the the ICS/MPS on the back of the factory intake.

i could be wrong though lol.

Edited by 19cturbo, 11 May 2012 - 10:58 PM.

Being not real since I learned what was good for me
Posted Image

#5 leesfer

leesfer

Jurassic Parts

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 12:33 AM

Nah, I am using the stock harness for my MPI, I spliced in the two additional injectors

I think you're right... the top left is the dizzy and the three below it are temp sensors

Now just trying to figure out what to do with the rest of it at this point

The diagram apate posted is going to help out a lot though, I think I can manage with that one... I'm going to start on it again in the morning

Edited by leesfer, 12 May 2012 - 12:49 AM.

Leesfer's Build Thread

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users