Precision Billet CEA 6266 Turbo or Borg Warner Turbo S300 S362 Turbocharger Extended tip

skillz

which turbo you think is better for a Build MPI G54B...Precision Billet CEA 6266 Turbo T4 .58A/R or Borg Warner Turbo S300 S362 Turbocharger Extended tip T4 .88A/R...... only looking for 500HP on Shell URT ADVANCED race gas.... the car is running mega squirt. R154 tranny and 3:90 rear.... 292 cam 1000cc injectors....just looking for some opinion.

Are compressor maps available for these turbos?

A lot of people like to talk a big game throwing out huge hp numbers and asking about ridiculously expensive turbos. The reality is that if you want to get that kind of number out of a g54 youre going to have to be good at tuning or pay someone who is. Either way theres got to be someone in the chain of people that can read a turbo compressor map, plot the points given the characteristics you want (max spool rpm, beginning rpm etc) using the information thats standard with a g54 (low V.E. of like 65% if i remember right). and tell you which of the two, if any will meet that goal of turbo performance.

here is a couple quick articles on reading turbo compressor maps and determining a turbos characteristics.

http://www.moddedmus...ize-r-trim.html

http://www.lovehorse...&id=4&Itemid=88

and finally a cheating tool for those that cant learn to do it longhand :P :P

http://www.squirrelpf.com/turbocalc/

just offhand, id say that those are two very different animals based on the A/R. and im going to guess that unless the first one is extremely efficient at moving air its not going to meet your goals...lower A/R influences a quicker spool time, but can also choke out the flow of an engine at high rpm's where HP is made (because HP is just = (tq* rpm)/ 5252)

Edited by Frenchi934
  • Like 2

Borg Warner Turbo S300 S362 Turbocharger Extended tip T4 only come in .88A/R.........I would also do a Precision Billet CEA 6266 Turbo T4 in a .82A/R..... I am currently running a T4 T04E with a .82A/R i get full boost around 4500rpms

I have the S362, though I have not installedit yet. Still running my backup T-4 60-1. I did a lot of research and came to this one after mapping out our motor on it's graphs, along with a lot of others. It's very efficent at high boost levels, so you can turn it way up, but still has good low boost flow, so it should be streetable. Many turbos have tall narrow maps, or a few have short wide maps, this one is more circular, so it's pretty well suited to both high and low boost wtih good flow at both ends. It has a bigger A/R cause the smaller A/R just isn't needed as much when you get to such an efficent turbo. On older designed wheels, the .58 is an ideal choice, but these newer wheels work better with bigger A/R's, and don't sacrifice spool time in the process. I nthe bullseye power forums, this is called the GT35R killer, cause it's spool times and boost limits are similar, but out flows it by about 100 HP.

i think PT5858 CEA is the smallest. im going with Borg Warner Turbo S300 S362 Turbocharger Extended tip because of the price and because my downpipe already have 4" v- band on it

• 3 months later...
hey chad do you have the Borg Warner Turbo S300SX-62/S362 Extended Tip Billet with Forged Milled Wheel or Borg Warner, S300SX3 turbo charger with 63mm compressor wheel inducer?