Burton's Customs Fog/Park/Turn/Sidemarker SKINS Many colors!

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#1 Burton

Burton

Addicted Starquester

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,800 posts
  • Interests:Hold up wait a minute let me put some pimpin in it
  • Model:Starion

Posted 19 March 2011 - 10:43 PM

These are vinyl tint skins that I offer to put on your existing fog, park. and turn lenses. They are easily applied using a mixture of water and a little liquid soap, and a hard squeegee or bondo spreader

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Fog lights with blue tint at night....

Posted Image

THESE MAY OR MAY NOT BE LEGAL IN YOUR STATE! Check your state laws. Some states frown these things pretty bad, other states only allow certain colors/darknesses.

Colors available....

Dark Smoke- Matte finish (white backing)
Dark Smoke- Glossy finish (clear backing)
Light Smoke- Glossy finish (clear backing)
Yellow
Blue
Red
Green
Purple
Pink
Light Pink

Prices:

$14 shipped for a full set of skins for the fogs, turns, and sidemarker
$7 shipped for fogs only
$7 shipped for turn and sidemarkers only
$5 shipped for turns only
$5 shipped for sidemarkers only

All prices include shipping and paypal fees.

Paypal to:

markewade@gmail.com

I will also take postal money orders if you don't use Paypal. PM me for addy.

You can also mix and match colors- For instance you can get yellow fog skins and smoked turn/sidemarkers.

Please note with your payment what color or color combinations you want, that it's for a SQ, and your user name on the forums. I sell a lot of different stuff for a lot of different cars, so if you don't specify in the notes what's what, then I may have problems getting the correct order out to you.

I have skins in all colors cut and ready to go.

Thanks!!!!!

Edited by Burton, 05 June 2013 - 12:48 PM.

Mark
88 Starion
87 TSI Custom (wife's)
85.5 Starion
98 Mercedes-Benz S420
11 Kia Surento(wife's)
93 Nissan 300ZX 'Vert

Posted Image

http://www.26liter.us/

21 chapter online Body/Paint/Detailing manual

Best SQ virtual GARAGE on the net

Stuff to make your SQ look cool!

Burtonscustoms.com

#2 natallica

natallica

Resident Graphics Guru

• Vendors
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,670 posts
  • Interests:Music, Movies, Guitars, Family, Computers and Starquests!!!
  • Model:Conquest

Posted 19 March 2011 - 11:05 PM

Nice!!!!

Posted Image

#3 Burton

Burton

Addicted Starquester

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,800 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 11:13 PM

Thanks!

I am also running a GP on the hard lexan covers I offer in clear, light, and dark tint....

Lexan covers

If you buy both, there is a discount of $5 overall.
Mark
88 Starion
87 TSI Custom (wife's)
85.5 Starion
98 Mercedes-Benz S420
11 Kia Surento(wife's)
93 Nissan 300ZX 'Vert

Posted Image

Burtonscustoms.com

#4 TRACK BEAST

TRACK BEAST

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 844 posts
  • Model:Other

Posted 20 March 2011 - 12:44 AM

i would like to have yellow fog covers and dark black turn signals? let me know when theyre avaible i can paypal the cash
White 87 TSI   
105,000 Orig. Miles
Weekend Car

Fiji Blue 88 SHP
90,000 Orig Miles
Running and Modded

R04 Red TSI
103,000 Miles
Driven occasionally

#5 polarisman14

polarisman14

DRIFTIN'

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,412 posts
  • Interests:Cars, motorcycles, snowmobiling, four-wheeling, snowboarding, golf, billiards, bowling, forums, volleyball, Boston sports teams...Anything fun and mechanical.

Posted 20 March 2011 - 08:56 AM

If you are interested in doing the side markers only in dark smoke let me know. I already purchased the covers from you so I don't need the fog or turn signal ones. Thanks!

'89 Starion SHP...FIP MPI, 3" Exhaust, TEP Cam, Turbonetics 11021-BB T3/T4 Turbo, Treadstone Manifold, 75# injectors, Mookeeh Sway Bars, GC Coilovers, Saleen Replica Wheels, the list goes on...AND IT FINALLY RUNS!!!

http://i512.photobuc...pg?t=1339849860

#6 Burton

Burton

Addicted Starquester

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,800 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 10:13 AM

View PostTRACK BEAST, on 20 March 2011 - 12:44 AM, said:

i would like to have yellow fog covers and dark black turn signals? let me know when theyre avaible i can paypal the cash

I can do that, but I may have to add an $3 to the price, because there would be a little extra time involved making the set in different colors. All sets will be getting made up this week. So you can pay now, or I'll hit ya up around wednesday. I'm waiting for some tint films now but all colors will be here this week.
Mark
88 Starion
87 TSI Custom (wife's)
85.5 Starion
98 Mercedes-Benz S420
11 Kia Surento(wife's)
93 Nissan 300ZX 'Vert

Posted Image

Burtonscustoms.com

#7 Burton

Burton

Addicted Starquester

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,800 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 10:14 AM

View Postpolarisman14, on 20 March 2011 - 08:56 AM, said:

If you are interested in doing the side markers only in dark smoke let me know. I already purchased the covers from you so I don't need the fog or turn signal ones. Thanks!

I can do that for ya no problem. Just the sidemarkers would probably be around $7 with shipping and paypal fees.
Mark
88 Starion
87 TSI Custom (wife's)
85.5 Starion
98 Mercedes-Benz S420
11 Kia Surento(wife's)
93 Nissan 300ZX 'Vert

Posted Image

Burtonscustoms.com

#8 polarisman14

polarisman14

DRIFTIN'

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,412 posts
  • Interests:Cars, motorcycles, snowmobiling, four-wheeling, snowboarding, golf, billiards, bowling, forums, volleyball, Boston sports teams...Anything fun and mechanical.

Posted 24 March 2011 - 10:16 PM

Sounds good. If you can shoot me an invoice over to indylite_2000@yahoo.com that'd be great, thanks.

'89 Starion SHP...FIP MPI, 3" Exhaust, TEP Cam, Turbonetics 11021-BB T3/T4 Turbo, Treadstone Manifold, 75# injectors, Mookeeh Sway Bars, GC Coilovers, Saleen Replica Wheels, the list goes on...AND IT FINALLY RUNS!!!

#9 psu_Crash

psu_Crash

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,475 posts
  • Interests:400+ WHP 450+ WTQ!!

Posted 24 March 2011 - 11:10 PM

I bet a set of the dark smoke on JPs clear lenses would look great.
Are these just an adhesive skin?
Just wondering how hard it will be to get them on bubble free ;)
'86 Starion, MPI with MS2extra, HX35 w Bullseye .70 A/R hotside,  , P&P head, OS SS Valves, Wiseco +.030, ARP head/rod, O-Ringed Block, Schneider 284-H, prepped rods,AEM H2O/Meth Injection, Mighty Max CAS 4 Direct Fire Wasted Spark, BSE, Tial 38mm, Modded Stock exhaust mani, HKS turbo timer and EVC3, AEM UEGO, 3" DP into 2 1/2" Dual Exhaust, 75# Delphi's, Magna modded by Chad, Accufab FPR, Walbro 255, sitting on KYB/MK1, ST Springs, Poly Bushings, Funk-Lock, LED Tails and Dome ... etc^4
87 Valencia Gold TSI, The new Project
My Feedback Link
Posted Image

#10 Burton

Burton

Addicted Starquester

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,800 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 10:23 AM

Yes, it is basically a colored, transparent vinyl that sticks on your lenses. It is removeable without damaging the lights if you decide you don't like it anymore, But it is not reuseable once you peel them off.

I usually install mine with a heat gut, water and baby shampoo solution, and a squeegee for vinyl. So far, I've gotten all the bubbles out of everything I've done, but this film is designed to shrink down during the first 72 hours after installation. All the little bubbles and wrinkles will disapper within days, if you even have any after instal.

Plus SQ lights are super easy to do. Some other cars with lots of contours are a huge pain, but the SQ lights are some of the easiest I've done.

There's vids on Youtube on how to install this type of stuff. Do a search for like "heatshrinking headlight tint" or "Installing headlight tint", if you want to get an idea of how it installs. If you're still unsure, I bet you could find a local vinyl place that could possibly install them for you for cheap.
Mark
88 Starion
87 TSI Custom (wife's)
85.5 Starion
98 Mercedes-Benz S420
11 Kia Surento(wife's)
93 Nissan 300ZX 'Vert

Posted Image

Burtonscustoms.com

#11 polarisman14

polarisman14

DRIFTIN'

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,412 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 03:19 PM

Payment sent. Thanks again.

#12 Burton

Burton

Addicted Starquester

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,800 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 07:12 PM

Payment received. Thanks!
Mark
88 Starion
87 TSI Custom (wife's)
85.5 Starion
98 Mercedes-Benz S420
11 Kia Surento(wife's)
93 Nissan 300ZX 'Vert

Posted Image

Burtonscustoms.com

#13 Burton

Burton

Addicted Starquester

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,800 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 01:36 PM

People, I cannot stress this enough....If you send me payment thru Paypal or any other means, PLEASE make sure to give me all the info I need to make sure you get exactly what you want.

I spent 45 minutes last night cross refrencing car forums, emails and paypal payments just trying to figure out what two people were paying me for. Saying "Thanks Burton" in the notes section does nothing to tell me who you are, or what you bought. I'm glad you appreciate the stuff I offer, but was the $35 you sent for fog light covers or a decal set? In fact, was it even for SQ stuff? I sell more stuff for cars other than SQs than I do for SQs and I have many things I sell for the same price.

I got everything figured out eventually last night, but it's very frustrating to spend that much of what little time I have to handle this stuff, when all it would have taken was an extra minute of typing by the customer.

PLEASE!!!!!!!.......

*Post where you are seeing my offerings- Most of my SQ sales is from stuff posted up here, but I do sell plenty of SQ schwag on 26liter as well as Emails from my website or other word of mouth contacts.

*Post a username if the sale is from an online forum. The username is important so I can make sure to compare it to the screen names in GPs, PM's, etc...

*Post a detailed description of what it is you are buying- "fog covers" "tint skins" or "stickers" don't tell me enough. Did you want dark, light or clear Lexan fog covers? Did you want the whole tint skin set, or just ceratin pieces? I sell all sorts of stickers and many for the same price. I'm guessing you don't want a Starion sticker set for a Conquest, and you probably don't want them in pink, but how am I to know if you don't tell me?

*Post any other info you think I may need- I'm glad you are off at college and expanding your education, but your Paypal account lists your parent's address as the addy. If I don't know you are at college with a different address, how can I know to send it to any other addy other than what's listed on the Paypal account?

This stuff may seem simple to y'all but all the above example have happened to me in one way or another.

I talk to many of you in threads, PM's and by email to get the deals setup and make sure that you get exactly what you want. After going back and forth most of you probably figure I have a handle on the deal and will remember all the details two weeks later when payment is actually made. This is not always the case. Between all the cars I offer stuff for I probably communicate with a dozen people a day interested in my stuff. Usually only half of those people actually make purchases, and many of those are weeks later, so it's impossible for me to try and remember who wanted what and when they wanted it when half of those people never make a purchase. I save all my PMs and Emails for many weeks if not months just to help remind me if need be, but I could really use a little more help on y'alls end.

I'm not trying to be mean or a jerk or anything, but it's very frustrating. I make very little money offering my wares for the SQ community, and do it mostly because I love the cars and like to see people enjoy my stuff. The big bucks is in making stuff for other cars, which is what I have been doing more of, but I still do SQ stuff because I have everything I need to make the products fairly easily. When I have to spend gobs of time figuring out who wants what, it just kills me. The more time I spend on that sort of stuff, the less time I can work on profitable stuff. The more SQ stuff cuts into my profitable stuff, the less I want to do SQ stuff.

I hate to do it, but I may have to start returning payments if people can't follow instructions. I charge $20 an hour for my time working on customer cars and such, so it makes no sense for me to spend an hour of that time trying to chase down all the info I need so I can send out the right part, to the right person.......and make all of about $2 for my time on the deal.

I hope this doesn't sound like some prima donna BS, but really, if you can't follow the very simple instructions I speciffically asked for then I don't need you as a customer, simple as that.

[/rant]
Mark
88 Starion
87 TSI Custom (wife's)
85.5 Starion
98 Mercedes-Benz S420
11 Kia Surento(wife's)
93 Nissan 300ZX 'Vert

Posted Image

Burtonscustoms.com

#14 Burton

Burton

Addicted Starquester

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,800 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 01:38 PM

Oh, and here's some more pics...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Mark
88 Starion
87 TSI Custom (wife's)
85.5 Starion
98 Mercedes-Benz S420
11 Kia Surento(wife's)
93 Nissan 300ZX 'Vert

Posted Image

Burtonscustoms.com

#15 MiniSRT4

MiniSRT4

Trying to be useful

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 956 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 05:19 PM

Paypal sent!

View PostTechnology, on 24 January 2011 - 05:14 PM, said:

Higher gas prices will keep the rifraf off the streets so I can speed more. Driving should be for the elite. The poor should farm and give me food.
87 Starion-wiseco pistons, race prepped rods and all machine work by DAD, 14g, 2.5" catback and more to come
98 Neon Sport Coupe-2.4 swapped with lots of other goodies

#16 Burton

Burton

Addicted Starquester

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,800 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 06:20 PM

View PostMiniSRT4, on 31 March 2011 - 05:19 PM, said:

Paypal sent!
Got it, I'm also sending you a PM about the order.
Mark
88 Starion
87 TSI Custom (wife's)
85.5 Starion
98 Mercedes-Benz S420
11 Kia Surento(wife's)
93 Nissan 300ZX 'Vert

Posted Image

Burtonscustoms.com

#17 polarisman14

polarisman14

DRIFTIN'

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,412 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 04:02 PM

^^Just to let you know, I paid earlier on in the week by responding to the PP invoice that you sent me. If you need any more info from me please contact me, thanks. I think it's all there though. Can't wait to get my car back so I can get these on there...Will definitely complete the blacked-out look.

#18 Crazy Quest

Crazy Quest

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts
  • Interests:BOOST!!!!!
  • Model:Conquest

Posted 02 April 2011 - 07:51 PM

Hey burton interested in the pink fog light vinyl skins but can you post a pic of what they look like also id like to get PINK FOGS/DARK PARK/DARK TURNs. is that possable?
Posted Image

#19 veera

veera

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 08:03 AM

I want yellow color fog, park and turn. Sent to bangkok Thailand 10530. Thank you.

#20 Burton

Burton

Addicted Starquester

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,800 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 10:05 AM

View PostCrazy Quest, on 02 April 2011 - 07:51 PM, said:

Hey burton interested in the pink fog light vinyl skins but can you post a pic of what they look like also id like to get PINK FOGS/DARK PARK/DARK TURNs. is that possable?

That is possible, and I'll get pics of the pink fog covers this evening.
Mark
88 Starion
87 TSI Custom (wife's)
85.5 Starion
98 Mercedes-Benz S420
11 Kia Surento(wife's)
93 Nissan 300ZX 'Vert

Posted Image