8 replies to this topic

#1 TxStig

TxStig

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 08 April 2018 - 12:02 PM

Greetings Everybody - TxStig here :)

Will be picking up a rather downtrodden Red 87 Esi Starion next Saturday however this is not my first experience with them. The car does not run but the guy only wants $500 and based upon some research I think I have already figured out what the problem is and have the part on the way.

I am originally from the UK (been here 22 years now though - married with two kids) and my father owned a 1989 Starion in White - I always loved that car, and asked him never to sell it. Well he did but he bought a 1994 Nissan Skyline Gt-S instead so I didn't complain too much. We still own that car and its still in really great shape with an import of it planned in the not too distant future.

As for the new addition I think to start with most of the interior will be coming out we will determine whats salvageable and whats not some of it may go on sale here. Definitely will be getting upgraded steering wheel and new race seats to start. After that will get up up and running and perform all the maintenance listed on the newbie page (which seems to be a great guide) and then possibly do a few track days with it pretty stock.

I am pretty intrigued by the possible options for swaps and think 1JZ/2JZ or RB26DETT may be the direction. Though the 4G63 is also appealing as it will keep the Mitsubishi theme intact.

Eventual goal is track toy so fully stripped and caged - which is why for $500 I really do not care if it runs. I rather like what these guys have done over in Japan.

http://www.speedhunt...wapped-starion/

Day job is as a mechanical engineer and I have spent a lot of time in a previous life racing shifter karts and other interesting vehicles.Current vehicle is a Focus ST in stage 3 Trim CLose to 300hp and 330ft-lbs torque at the wheels.

Looks like a great community you all have here and happy to have found it as there is a treasure trove of information!

Cheers,

TxStig

Attached Files

#2 importwarrior

importwarrior

6 Quests and Counting......

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,153 posts
  • Interests:Boost = 2KWIK4U
    Starquests
  • Model:Conquest

Posted 08 April 2018 - 08:18 PM

Welcome !  
You have a project on your hands. with some work they can be a great car.

Love mine. Took years but I got it where I want it. Let us know if you need anything.

Need engine parts go to

Www.enginemachineservice.com
Conquest tab.

http://www.enginemac...ms/conquest.php

B-71 87 TSI ~ RIP

Black 87 Starion ~ Mess SOLD!!!

Proud New 89 slightly Rusted Fiji Owner !!!

#3 croquest87

croquest87

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,207 posts
  • Interests:all things mechanical

Posted 09 April 2018 - 09:07 PM

Welcome. This is a place to be for anything Conquest/Starion and more.

#4 TexasQuest

TexasQuest

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,747 posts
  • Interests:TSi's & VR4's

Posted 09 April 2018 - 10:46 PM

Welcome. What part of Texas are you at?
88 Fiji Blue -Tsi
Zoom clutch, Fidanza flywheel, Stedebani shifter, KSport coilovers, ST swaybars, abs delete, a/c delete, cruise delete, JVE, BSEK, TEP steel brake lines, LSP braided cooler lines, CX Racing radiator,  MK1 silicone hoses, MK1 pullies, *DM hard pipes & intercooler,14G turbo, ported exh. manifold, MAF Translator, 3.5" GM maf, Turbo XS RFL bov, *DM 3" exhaust, Cusco front strut bar, TEP rear strut bar, Enkei 92's, HKS turbo timer, AEM wideband, AEM boost gauge, AEM oil pressure gauge, Hallman boost controller
Posted Image

View PostJohnnyWadd, on 04 March 2010 - 10:01 PM, said:

my shaft was big i dont know what your talking about.

#5 TxStig

TxStig

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 11 April 2018 - 09:21 AM

View PostTexasQuest, on 09 April 2018 - 10:46 PM, said:

Welcome. What part of Texas are you at?

Thanks, I am currently located in Aledo to the West of Fort Worth.

#6 TexasQuest

TexasQuest

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,747 posts

Posted 11 April 2018 - 06:51 PM

There's quite a few of use around the north texas area. Someday we'll all try to meet up somewhere hopefully soon.
88 Fiji Blue -Tsi
Zoom clutch, Fidanza flywheel, Stedebani shifter, KSport coilovers, ST swaybars, abs delete, a/c delete, cruise delete, JVE, BSEK, TEP steel brake lines, LSP braided cooler lines, CX Racing radiator,  MK1 silicone hoses, MK1 pullies, *DM hard pipes & intercooler,14G turbo, ported exh. manifold, MAF Translator, 3.5" GM maf, Turbo XS RFL bov, *DM 3" exhaust, Cusco front strut bar, TEP rear strut bar, Enkei 92's, HKS turbo timer, AEM wideband, AEM boost gauge, AEM oil pressure gauge, Hallman boost controller
Posted Image

#7 TxStig

TxStig

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 12 April 2018 - 09:22 AM

View PostTexasQuest, on 11 April 2018 - 06:51 PM, said:

There's quite a few of use around the north texas area. Someday we'll all try to meet up somewhere hopefully soon.

I would definitely be down for that. Keep me in the loop.

#8 TexasQuest

TexasQuest

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,747 posts

Posted 12 April 2018 - 03:29 PM

Sure thing man.
88 Fiji Blue -Tsi
Posted Image

#9 croquest87

croquest87

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,207 posts
  • Interests:all things mechanical

Posted 16 April 2018 - 06:40 AM

Welcome to the club sir from Willoughby Ohio.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users