fastest 2.6 with a 5 speed out there?

ajfrassetto

too many fast and furious wantabees out there claiming they run 10's on street tires. Getting from 12's to 11's is tough, much less 11's to 10's. It's numerically exponential both in money and horsepower. Usually it's traction that limits street cars, not HP.

phinko ran our stock trans for a while and tested it to its limits. I know he ran good times with that transmission as well.

He said 5 speed. so i replied with the fastest 5 speed car.

The next quickest car i can think of would probably be in the mid to upper 12s.

Trying to figure out what the fastest 2.6 with a 5 speed is. anyone know? trying to get a bench mark.

Define a 5speed. Stock/ Synchronized "H" pattern/ Race Sequential (clutchless/clutch assisted)

EIP's Rob had a five speed in his that car went 10s in a 1/4

Rob and Chris both ran/run Richmond Sequentials.

http://www.jegs.com/images/photos/836705.jpg

Not your typical 5 speed, But if thats the style your looking for than there are guys in the 9's / 8's with these or GF5R's.

If you mean stock, it wont last long but theve squeaked into the 11's with alot of nitrous backing them. But if you gonna try and shift your way there, the KM132 will let you know in a hurry that it isnt interested.

http://www.26liter.us/gallery/albums/userpics/10142/GetAttachment2.jpg

http://www.26liter.us/gallery/albums/userpics/10142/GetAttachment.jpg

Ive done this to 3 different KM132's. 2nd and 3rd gear. 3rd gear let go on a mid gear punch so had nothing to do with hard shifting. You better have a rev limiter intact if this is a result your after. The bearings will be your first sign of trouble. The stock trans is not at all designed for racing duty.

• Like 1

very informational post phil :)

I try lol

For the longest time I tried to prove that the stock trans COULD handle the abuse. As long as I was baby shifting and easing out of the hole (1.8's) it did. But, thats no way to prove anything. Possibly a much heavier weight oil could help it but itll kill cold shifting. And in the end, the stock trans shift like garbage.

Edited by phinko

This guy has obviously never seen Phinkos car in action , :mellow:

Your right, i have not seen his car, but i do watch race cars go down the track for a living, and i have seen A LOT OF THEM. The amount of cars that are running low 11's high 10's now a days, and as long as they have been around, i would of figured that someone would of i guess you could say "set the world on fire" with them. As for transmissions, i have seen bellhousings that will bolt a mustang trans up to it? anyone had any luck with such? I am just curious because i am in the process of building a 2.6 right now. building it not really for drag racing, but shooting for 11.50's. Just trying to get a feel as to whats out there.

The next quickest car i can think of would probably be in the mid to upper 12s.

Back in the day there was a guy who was in with the tainterbrothers. I think his screen name was nickg for some reason. He ran 12.2 on a 16g, running something like 20psi and a shot of spray (hood less too).

There are some other guys floating around out there that aren't posting that have some pretty nasty starquests. I meet a local guy who is rarely on the board who was 400+ rwhp before most people were 300 rwhp. There's videos of a nasty white quest that used to be on 1320videos.com that is pushing out some serious power with a 5speed.

Shawn

Edited by ESIrType?

you mean nitronick with his pvc hardpipes and snowplow airdam.

Dave (88whitestarion) ran 11.4x and he has a T5 with GForce gears.

Yeah, you're on it! Nickg is a tune for a BMW shop in Fl. I knew it wasn't correct when I wrote it. 88whitestarion was one of the quickest back in the day and I think still is.

Shawn