150mph---CAR PICS---

DMNDSTAR87

Well here we go---My inlaws next door neighbor has had vettes in the 10yrs ive know him---trades em in every 3yrs and gets a brand new one---Saturday morning I stopped by inlaws to say hello as the only live 2 streets over and low and behold here comes George with a brand new AUDI R8 with the V10 :o After bout 10min of drooling over it he askd if I want to go for a blast----HELL YA i said---All I can say it is the baddest thing I have ever driven in in my 40yrs on this planet----Felt like we were on tracks as this thing handles like nothing I ever been in---We went out on the interstate and he just opened it up and OMG---I m lookin at the blurs go by and he says whats the fastest u been in a vehicle---As soon as i said bout 135mph he said ok and punched it and we went from 60 mph to 153mph in a blink---I just had to share this as it was a few days ago and im still smiling :D ---IM gonna take the starion over there this weekend and get some pics with the cars side by side and i will post--almost forgot to mention george is 62yrs young--lol----thx for reading

gig out

Edited by DMNDSTAR87

Your neighbor reminds me of a customer I had. He said he was ~70 (cant remember the exact year). He was talking to me about how he runs out at bonneville, apparently he had a class record or 2 out there. Anyways, I was asking him if he still went out there and he told me he was in the process of build another car. The last thing he said was: "I dont care if I set any records this time out; I just want to go 300mph before I die."

I hope I'm that awsome when I get to that age.

Nice man. I just had a Cts-V coupe from work last week, 155 no sweat... I so wish my car was that smooth... Its amazing how refined things have gotten.

The caddy is also another sick car---I borrowed my aunts 99 eldorado and went to the dealer with the B.S.story that I wanted to trade the eldo in for a cts-v----The salesguy would not do it unless I signed a release form and put a creditcard on file---never heard of that poop----needless to say I left with no test ride---

gig out

Sweeet.....!

I play the lottery every now and then, if I strike it big one day, I'll buy a nice low mileage R8 and shipp it up to Mass :)

I will save this post for proof and hold you to it----lol

see you in a couple months so we can beat on the MPI car :D

gig out

Whats done to the R8?

Not sure what u would need to do--- unless a lambo built V10 that propels you to 0-100 in 5 secs and tops of 195mph is not enough for ya---lol--its just cool cause its my neighbor---

gig out

Edited by DMNDSTAR87

Same engine as the Gallardo LP560 except Audi closes the TB to certain percentage to keep it under the 560 HP rate. Tell him to have it chipped and he will be just as fast :)

I've installed about 10 supercharges on the V10s....effin rediculiiusness!!!!!!!

Edited by RonnieJ

Not sure what u would need to do--- unless a lambo built V10 that propels you to 0-100 in 5 secs and tops of 195mph is not enough for ya---lol--its just cool cause its my neighbor---

gig out

200 mph is nice.

Its my goal in life to reach it in a SQ. I hit 160 im 80% there haha

Same engine as the Gallardo LP560 except Audi closes the TB to certain percentage to keep it under the 560 HP rate. Tell him to have it chipped and he will be just as fast :)

I've installed about 10 supercharges on the V10s....effin rediculiiusness!!!!!!!

I heard that lambo would not supply the motor unless it was detuned as not to make as much power as the lambo's with same motor---I have a supercharger on my truck and a buddy of mine has the same truck but without the supercharger and the difference is immense :D plus i can bust his nuggets cause my truck smokes his :P

gig out

LOL... you hit 160 in a SQ...??

Anyway... I passed a R8 today in the Starion, they look so much better going down the road than in pics. Sitting low in my Starion really increases the way that car looks.

-Robert

And he was still lower than u---lol

I heard that lambo would not supply the motor unless it was detuned as not to make as much power as the lambo's with same motor---I have a supercharger on my truck and a buddy of mine has the same truck but without the supercharger and the difference is immense :D plus i can bust his nuggets cause my truck smokes his :P

gig out

That has now changed with the R8 GT. 2012 GTs are 560hp