show you wheels

Milbot8000

I want to change out from the stock quest wheels. If you've got pics of you wheels, post them up. they can be stock wheels that are painted, Im just trying to see what people have put on their cars see what might look cool

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Milbot, thanks for starting this thread up! I've been wondering what's out there as well.

Does anyone have any pictures of a side by side comparison of the wider SHP wheels next to the standard 'double-lipped' SQ wheels?

It seems like the SHP wheels, despite being wider by an inch have a shallower lip. Less deep dish then the regular wheels?

Are my eyes just playing tricks on me or is that true? I want to go SHP and paint the centers black with the polished lip just as 'soulja' has done in his pics. That looks super hot! But I'm afraid I'll loose a bit of that deep dish look if I go to the SHP wheels.

Anyone know what deal is with the difference in SHP -vs- normal lip depth?

Thanks guys!

-e

D_venable:

Thanks for posting pics of your rims! That is a killer color combination. I like the gold and burgundy. Very Porsche 911. :D It does look to me like there may be a little less dish on the SHP wheels. But I'm sure the extra contact patch more then makes up for it.

What size tires are you running on the SHP wheels? I think the default is 245/45/16

Does anyone make a 255/45/16?

I found 265/45/16 tires on the tireracks website, but I think that would be a tight squeeze. Probably have to roll the lip for those if they'd even fit at all.

What's the fattest rubber you can squeeze under there on a set of SHP wheels?

Thanks again!

D_venable: I found 265/45/16 tires on the tireracks website, but I think that would be a tight squeeze. Probably have to roll the lip for those if they'd even fit at all.

What's the fattest rubber you can squeeze under there on a set of SHP wheels?

Thanks again!

If you want to go wider I would suggest a 35 or 40 series sidewall.

I'm currently working for the discount tire warehouse, if you need to know something about discount tire, just ask.

Here's mine. I just got them painted tonight, but have to go back and polish the lips again and pop the center caps back in. Oh, gotta get some tires too, of course.

http://www.26liter.us/gallery/albums/userpics/10087/DSCF0059~1.JPG

http://www.26liter.us/gallery/albums/userpics/10087/DSCF0060~0.JPG

Burton,rims are coming along nicely.Look better than they did when they were on ebay :wink:

I have this set put back for my next quest.Probably go to powdercoat on them to match the color of the car.

http://www.2.6liter.com/userfiles/Drazz/wheels.jpeg

emagdnim:

Thanks for the tire offer. When I'm ready to buy I'll look you up! I appreciate it.

Burton:

Those wheels are sick. Very nice!!!! Is that just paint or is that a powder coat? Either way. Killer! You say they're "Ultras" is that the make or the model? Totally bad a$$! post some pics when you get them on!!!

Wow, those wheels look great Burton. Totally changes the entire look of the wheel when painted like that.

Almost wishing I hadn't let that auction slip by, lol.

Want to sell? 8)

Almost wishing I hadn't let that auction slip by, lol.

I'm glad youd id. At least now they won't be sitting in the corner of your dads shop for years :wink:

Want to sell? 8)

Sure, $1200 :wink:

emagdnim:

Thanks for the tire offer. When I'm ready to buy I'll look you up! I appreciate it.

Burton:

Those wheels are sick. Very nice!!!! Is that just paint or is that a powder coat? Either way. Killer! You say they're "Ultras" is that the make or the model? Totally bad a$$! post some pics when you get them on!!!

Thank you. The paint is a hight temp engine paint- should hold up pretty good. Ultra is the manufacturer name- not sure of the model

Burton,ddi you get center caps with those?Do they say Ultra?Mine are Primax,just wondered if maybe the rims are from the same manufactorer.Mine say made in Australia

Mine has stickers on them saying Ultra Custom Wheels Corp- who knows tho, maybe they covered up the Austrailia one LOL.

Those are some nice looking wheels. What color car are they going on? If it is the black car in your sig., they will look great.

The black one in my sig for now. However, next year I hope they'll be going on a palermo grey car :D

Really now,,, :?:

well send them to me, :wink:

and I will show you what they will look like. :-

Then I will get them right back to you. :^o

:roll:

:lol:

LOL. I'll get right on that. You want me to send them with or without tires? :wink: