Pics of Starion on 18" or larger wheels?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.circseller.com/roh/CONQUEST21.jpg

Not sure what size those are... does anyone know?  It looks good... but to be honest... if you're gonna be driving a car of any speed... i'd be affraid... bottoming out or scraping something becuz of a dip or bump could be pretty tragic wouldn't ya think?

1) The reason I haven't seen it is Starion/Conquest guys are notoriously cheap  ;D

2) That yellow car is a Photoshop job.

Thats an unfair generalization? >:(  Just cause we don't lay out 15k for a platform car to start with doesn't mean were cheap.  I'm easy but I'm not cheap!  FYI I've got 17's on my  car. So LICK-UM! :-*

that yellow car is not a photo shop job. you can even easily fit 19s if you have coilovers and it has nothing to do with buttoming out. obiously with you wont be able to go as wide in the front as you could with 17s.

i would also guess that the fronts are 17s and 18s in the rear of the yellow car.

Thats an unfair generalization? >:(  Just cause we don't lay out 15k for a platform car to start with doesn't mean were cheap.  I'm easy but I'm not cheap!  FYI I've got 17's on my  car. So LICK-UM! :-*

Cool your jets there big guy.  I'm a Starion/Conquest guy too  ;D

And I didn't say 17's.  I said 18's or larger.

that yellow car is not a photo shop job. you can even easily fit 19s if you have coilovers and it has nothing to do with buttoming out. obiously with you wont be able to go as wide in the front as you could with 17s.

i would also guess that the fronts are 17s and 18s in the rear of the yellow car.

Artin,

How do you know you can fit 19's if you run coilovers and that it has nothing to do with bottoming out?  Have you ever seen 19's on a Starion in person?

Why would there be ANY problem of ANY sort with 18" wheels on a starquest? If you think it is because the tires would be too tall think again. You can get 18" tires with a hight within milimeters of stock. With that said there is apparently no problem whatsoever. Why would the starquest have a problem when every single make car on the planet has had 18's or larger on them??? I am getting 19" racinghart M5's for myself, the hight of the tires I am buying will only be .5" taller.

DJ

Why would there be ANY problem of ANY sort with 18" wheels on a starquest? If you think it is because the tires would be too tall think again. You can get 18" tires with a hight within milimeters of stock. With that said there is apparently no problem whatsoever. Why would the starquest have a problem when every single make car on the planet has had 18's or larger on them??? I am getting 19" racinghart M5's for myself, the hight of the tires I am buying will only be .5" taller.

DJ

Wow, you are a bit of a wacko.  I never said i thought there would be problem.  I just asked for pics, and then asked how somebody knew if they'd fit.  

Post pics of your Racing Harts if/when you get them.

At the very top of the page in the title pics, you can see a white Starquest just under and to the left of the rim (both doors, hatch and hood are open), if I'm not mistaken that is Fuze's car and it runs 18's all the way around.

Sorry no pics but I did run around for a few day's on my buddies 18x10rear 17x9 RH evolution C2's The offset wasnt perfect and the rears rubbed a little but looked awesome. He also had Pirelli Scorpions on them and the car felt like it was on rails!!

At the very top of the page in the title pics, you can see a white Starquest just under and to the left of the rim (both doors, hatch and hood are open), if I'm not mistaken that is Fuze's car and it runs 18's all the way around.

Maybe I am wrong but I think that pic was taken when Fuze still had 17's on it.

CJ

Yup, he had 17's on and then went to 18's because that is just the kind of guy he is.  :) I just noticed your plate, you coming to any of the Ohio/Mich meets this year? You are only about an hour North of me. ;D I am in Lewis Center right above Columbus.

CJ

a local guy runs 18x10 rears and 18x8.5 fronts with no rubbing to speak of.  his car is lowered as well with ST springs.  can't remember tire sizes offhand, but i believe they are 275/35 rear and 235/40 fronts.

Eaton is actually right on the Indiana/Ohio border on I-70, If there are any meets in the southwest Ohio region, I would love to come to a meet, but any further than that, I just don't trust my Quest to make it that far.  I have a tank full of crud (fuel is still brown when it gets to the manifold) with an extra fuel filter in before the pump so that doesn't get clogged up, but in about a month's time that extra filter gets clogged up and it starts leaning out, but I do have an A/F gauge to tell when its starts to.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...