1986 R04 /red Mitsubishi starion in iowa with 96,000 miles with rebuilt engine and a transmission with 50k miles 1200 buys a running and driving car

86starionIA

I have a 1986 Mitsubishi starion with the R04 paint code runs and drives and i drive it daily and it has been relatively reliable, it is rusty but no structural rust i was going to fix it during my auto collision classes but would take longer than i have before i graduate. I'd like to get 1200 but for the right offer i would sell it. I've got more then 2000 in the car.Has an ebay hardpipe, over the valve cover pipe.

car comes with an extra engine block that need balance shaft bearings and a oil pump need nothing else and 2 exhaust manifolds, extra cooling fans,another throttle body,another turbo that needs rebuilt,and other random stuff i have never gone through

What i've done since i have owned it:

Replaced the engine with a rebuilt one i got for my birthday

Replaced the transmission with one from an 87 quest

I replaced the fuel injectors with good factory ones

Replaced the turbo with a good factory turbo

New gaskets for the engine

has a different MAF out of an 86

will have new cv shaft boots on the driver side they are starting to crack,

interior is in good shape other than the pedal covers are gone,as is the factory radio and the previous owner cut the plugs off the radio wiring harness and the rear seat on the driver side has a place where the seam stitching has broken but could be re stitched

I am Located in Luther Iowa and yes i would ship the car if somebody wants it bad enough.

also the car has a sun roof and leather seats

I must also include that i do not need to sell my Starion, I just want to see it go to someone that will fix it up since at the moment i don't have the time or funds to do it my self

need it gone to make room in garage

post-24436-0-13997400-1357724073_thumb.jpg

post-24436-0-52865200-1357724134_thumb.jpg

post-24436-0-85869700-1357725042_thumb.jpg

post-24436-0-74441600-1357725100_thumb.jpg

Edited by 86starionIA

New Topic Guidelines:

1. Use a descriptive subject title so people know what's being sold (e.g. year, color, condition, price, city).

2. State the complete car(s) you have for sale, the condition of the car and price.

If you're selling a Parts Car only, post it under "Items For Sale"

If you're looking to find the highest bidder, go post it on Ebay and announce it on the Ebay notify/alert board. This isn't an auction board.

3. State your City/State. (A potential buyer will be curious about viewing, shipping etc.)

4. If you have any special requests/details etc., be sure to post them in the Original Post. This would include any expiration dates, shipping details, ways to obtain further information, etc.

Edit your Original Post as necessary.

5. If selling multiple cars, update your list by using the Edit button available on the post.

6. Respond to inquiries made to your post on this board.

7. When your car is sold, please edit the Title to include the word "SOLD".

8. Topics are subject to deletion after 60 days from the date the topic was started. If deleted, you will have to start a new "Cars For Sale" topic if you wish to go beyond the 60 day limit. This is done to help keep this board free of out-dated clutter.

Posts will be deleted if they have not had any "reply" activity for at least 30 days - "bump" posts do not count.

...just sayin'

I have a 1986 Mitsubishi starion with the R04 paint code runs and drives and i drive it daily and it has been relatively reliable, it is rusty but no structural rust i was going to fix it during my auto collision classes but would take longer than i have before i graduate. I'd like to get 2000 but for the right offer i would sell it. I've got more then 2000 in the car.Has an ebay hardpipe, over the valve cover pipe.

car comes with an extra engine block that need balance shaft bearings and a oil pump need nothing else and 2 exhaust manifolds, extra cooling fans,another throttle body,another turbo that needs rebuilt,and other random stuff i have never gone through

What i've done since i have owned it:

Replaced the engine with a rebuilt one i got for my birthday

Replaced the transmission with one from an 87 quest

I replaced the fuel injectors with good factory ones

Replaced the turbo with a good factory turbo

New gaskets for the engine

has a different MAF out of an 86

will have new cv shaft boots on the driver side they are starting to crack,

interior is in good shape other than the pedal covers are gone,as is the factory radio and the previous owner cut the plugs off the radio wiring harness and the rear seat on the driver side has a place where the seam stitching has broken but could be re stitched

I am Located in Luther Iowa and yes i would ship the car if somebody wants it bad enough.

also the car has a sun roof and leather seats

I must also include that i do not need to sell my Starion, I just want to see it go to someone that will fix it up since at the moment i don't have the time or funds to do it my self

also if you think my asking price is to high let me know

also thought i'd post that i am able to fix the rust on the car i just can't afford it right now but if somebody wanted to buy the car i could fix the rust and paint the car at the cost of the paint supplies and supplies needed to fix the rust.

This summer i will have earned my collision repair certificate from the collage i am attending

Your last offer sounds good as I am always ready to accomodate a motivated person learning a trade. I would like to see more pictures if that is possible. If I like what I see I will buy it and you can work on the rust/paint. Would like to see what you can do. After your finished I will just drive it to Illinois. Give me an estimate as to the cost of the materials you will need. Also, I need an exhaust manifold if the extra ones that you have are NOT cracked.

You can PM me on the new priceing....

Edited by bender 702

• 1 month later...