Wiring Diagram for Digital Dash

T-Harps

My voltage gauge and oil pressure gauge both stopped working at the same time on my 85's digital dash. This happened about half an hour before my fuel pump failed and left me on the side of the road. I'm pretty sure its the fuel pump because the pump gets voltage when cranking but no fuel comes out at the TB inlet fuel line.

Does anyone know what could cause the gauges to die or if the gauges could be related to the fuel pump? And where could I find a wiring diagram for a digital dash?

Thanks in advance

That sounds more like an issue with the IGN fusible link or the ignition switch itself. Do your turn signals work if the key is in the ON position? If so, the IGN link and switch are okay... if not, I'd verify that stuff first. If the ignition key contacts get flakey (and there are several of them) then the dash stuff, turn signals, etc are not powered and loss of the tachometer feedback to the ECU will make the ECU think the car just crashed (stalling the engine) so it'll cut off the fuel system too.

Bad grounds/bad wiring between the battery, fusible link box, ground straps, etc. will also cause multiple things to crap out at the same time.

mike c.

• 3 weeks later...

I replaced the fuel pump today with a Walbro 255 and the Starion is back up and running! The inline filter was pretty clogged, and I decided to throw it away.

I also noticed that the voltage and oil pressure gauge are actually working but are too dim to see. The light behind must be burnt out. I have no idea where to get those bulbs (or are they even bulbs?)

Edited by T-Harps