5 replies to this topic

#1 Grand Duke

Grand Duke

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Interests:1987 Atlantic Blue Conquest
    1984 Ford Mustang SVO
    1970 Ford Mustang Convertible (M code 351-4V)
    1970 Ford Mustang Convertible (F code 302-2V)
    1970 Torino GT (351-4V) Vermillion/White 4-speed Ram Air
    1971 Mercury Cyclone GT (351-2V) Winter Blue
    2001 Ford Excursion 7.3 Diesel
    2003 Land Rover Discovery 2
    1990 Formula 311 Boat Twin 454 Chevy's Bravo 1 drives
  • Model:Other

Posted 08 March 2021 - 05:31 PM

Is this the ONLY manufacturer that has forged pistons for this car...

K555M92       92.00 Bore    7.2  
K555M925     92.50 Bore    7.3

Why is the compression ratio so low on these????  Any preference one over the other?  I was trying to find a set of pistons between 8 and 9 to 1.

Anyone suggest any other manufacturers or forged piston options because I cant seem to find anything other than these two Wiseco options?

Thanks for your input in advance.

Rodge

#2 860QuestTuner

860QuestTuner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts
  • Interests:B and J motorsports
    89 Conquest Tsi
    86 Conquest Tsi Rotted and cut up RIP
    89 240 sx coupe
    85 300zx TURBO Sold
    06 Evo MR
    06 RSX TypeS Traded for truck
    2012 Silverado Z71 crew
    autoX/fishing/shooting/paintball/audio/electrical/beer
  • Model:Conquest

Posted 08 March 2021 - 06:31 PM

Mine are Wiseco ASC-03484, 6cc dish, 1288x3.067, 8 to 1 comp. They are 89mm,20 over. Engine Machine Service used to stock these. Specificly for G54B. Try giving Wiseco a call with your needs.
89 conquest Tsi (B and J motorsports)
20 0ver Wiseco 8-1,prepped rods/floaters/arp bolts,lighted/polished crank,IJH crank scraper ,18G/ported housing,ported manifold ,adjustable cam gear,ARP studs, M28 head,Shnieder 274 cam,ss valves,ported int+exh+TB,*DM HP hardpipes,*DM ahp,*DM intercooler,TXS bov ,*DM aluminum Radiator,Moroso oil catch, BS elem.,no AC,TEP dp,HKS exh,CompClutch S2Clutch/Light flywheel,SS clutch line, Walbro255,aeromotive FPR,GM maf,Injen filter,Boostmini TPS,SAFC,MSD,custom poly mounts ENG/Trans,Braided fuel/turbo lines,Hallman pro boost cont.,AEM wideband,,Cusco strut bar/camber plates,KYB struts,ST Springs,custom swaybar links,MK1 adjustable Strut Rods, MK1 rear Camber Plates,TEP rear strut bar, SS brake lines,slotted/crossed rotors,metal master pads,ABS Removed,wilwood prop valve
06 Evolution MR
intake, full int pipes,intercooler,ignition,full exhaust,clutch,flywheel,tune

#3 Dad

Dad

Advanced Member

• Vendors
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,214 posts
  • Interests:One stock and one not!
    87 White Quest
    87 Shetland
    83 Starion- Chevy powered

Posted 09 March 2021 - 05:05 AM

View Post860QuestTuner, on 08 March 2021 - 06:31 PM, said:

Mine are Wiseco ASC-03484, 6cc dish, 1288x3.067, 8 to 1 comp. They are 89mm,20 over. Engine Machine Service used to stock these. Specificly for G54B. Try giving Wiseco a call with your needs.

He can call and ask for Sue Nash.    They should have some  made already  you will just have to purchase rings.   same ring set up as oem, just whatever oversize. They are higher compression with 6CC dish  Vs oem dish of 15cc

Dad

#4 importwarrior

importwarrior

6 Quests and Counting......

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,412 posts
  • Interests:Boost = 2KWIK4U
    Starquests

Posted 20 March 2021 - 12:26 PM

like to get a set of flattop wsieco's

B-71 87 TSI ~ RIP

Black 87 Starion ~ Mess SOLD!!!

Proud New 89 slightly Rusted Fiji Owner !!!

#5 Tim_C.

Tim_C.

Addicted Starquester

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,141 posts
  • Interests:Serving Our Lord Jesus Christ!

Posted 28 March 2021 - 01:58 PM

Flat-tops are 9:1 ish. I tried a set of hyper-u 9:1 and it ran very well but I had the boost very low, like 7 PSI intercooled boost pressure. I tried a set of 8:1 hyper-u's and they didn't fare well at all. Melted at 4 PSI Non-intercooled boost. 2 Different cars.

The reason for a low static compression is because it is far less likely to detonate. The boost can be safely raised higher in a general sense.

IMHO - JE makes the best forged piston at a reasonable price, and they are more expensive than Wiseco. They will be lighter and stronger but I think the only option I had was free floater pins. I wanted those anyway, so it wasn't a problem.

Wiseco is a quality piston too and well worth the money. I have them in 3 engines and JE's in one. The Wisecos are probably the best bang for the buck piston.

If you bore it .075 over, then a Toyota 22R at .030 over is the same size and the pin height is the same. So you can order those pistons and they will work fine if you want to bore that baby out.
'87TSi .510Roller Cam, JE Forged, TS Rings & plateau honed walls, lightened rods, race prepped crank, mains line honed, balanced, 17C, 3"EX, 2"HardPipes, AlFly, rrfpr, 88trans, 3.90's w/posi plate mods, polyBushings, STSprings, KYBStruts, Camber Plates, CustomAlternator
Traded for new set of tires for my wife's Buick: '87 TSI Gold that needs just about all steering and suspension parts replaced, injectors, a new transmission, clutch, and various electrical gremlins. New owner is a mechanic who is already driving it. I couldn't stand letting it sit any more!
'86 ESiR - OEM Roller Cam, Wiseco Forged 8:1 Pistons, Chad's equal length header, TEP T3/T4 turbo, ACT HD clutch, Fidanza Fly, custom 3" exhaust, 3 core oversized radiator, O-ringed block, AJUSA metal shim head gasket, Dawes Device boost controller
'85 Plymouth Conquest Auto , Wiseco 8:1, super light pins, shaved rods, hi-torque cam, 2.5 Exhaust
'84 Dodge Conquest Parts car
'83 Starion - Gutted stock exhaust with '87 TSi muffler, New engine with: BS Elim,forged Wisecos,balanced,Schneider274H,marnal w/oversized stainless valves
'83 Cannonball Run II Jackie Chan car, Basic ring and bearing job w/less than 6K original miles on body, steering, suspension, & rear end, Lightened stock fly, BS Elim, Walbro 255LPH FP, NEW Clearwater head with all new parts, intercooled, 14G turbo, 2750 car weight
'96 Mitsu Mirage w/rebuilt head. Gets 35+MPG.
'87 Dodge Ram50 4WD Rebuilt engine, fresh stock head, Weber carbed, BS elim. Runs great now!
'97 Buick Ultra (supercharged Park Avenue)

#6 Grand Duke

Grand Duke

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Interests:1987 Atlantic Blue Conquest
    1984 Ford Mustang SVO
    1970 Ford Mustang Convertible (M code 351-4V)
    1970 Ford Mustang Convertible (F code 302-2V)
    1970 Torino GT (351-4V) Vermillion/White 4-speed Ram Air
    1971 Mercury Cyclone GT (351-2V) Winter Blue
    2001 Ford Excursion 7.3 Diesel
    2003 Land Rover Discovery 2
    1990 Formula 311 Boat Twin 454 Chevy's Bravo 1 drives
  • Model:Other

Posted 05 April 2021 - 02:12 PM

Thanks y'all for the info on pistons,  I got a bit side tracked Feb and March with the passing of my Father which just really hit hard.   :(  

For 500.00 for a set... I have to say, I was hesitant to go forward and was looking at just chucking the drivetrain and looking at inline 6 or 2.3 Ford.  However, I guess since the car I guess has the rare color. I decided to stick with the G54B and just try and add value to the car instead of chopping it up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users