1 Piece 88-89 Air Dam still available

Not sure if everyone is aware that the 88-89 1 piece air dam is still available thru Mitsubishi, I just got one from Fred Beans Parts in Doylestown, PA. OEM Mitsubishi part number is MB721407 List price is $470.43.

Most of these places have the parts on the website but don't actually have them in stock. You have to call first to verify they are truly available. I just called on a couple parts for the center link and they didnt have it nor could they get it.

$400 shipped is not bad as it is big box. If you need one, don't wait cause they will be all gone before you know it. I will check with my parts guy at Fred Beans to see if he can do anything for member on the site. If he is able to give members a better discount, I will post the contact information on the thread. He use to have a White 87 Starion so he understands our obssession. :)

I called a few dealerships in Socal. Some had it and the ones that didn't said they can have it within two days from their distribution center. Why does everyone think these are discontinued. I asked the parts guys if they were discontinued and the answer every time was "NO".

^^^

DAMN!

I went into my chrysubishi dealer ship, walked up to the parts guy, looked him dead in the eye and said, "Parts guy, I need a part for a 1988 Conquest" I got a kinda head cocked to the side one raised eye brow look. The ladies that I used to get my VR4 parts weren't there anymore so I had to start from scratch with this genius. I told him it was a 1988 Chrysler Conquest or Mitsubishi Starion, told him that Ihad a part number and needed to look for another part. He must have been knew because the first thing he told me was, "Wow I have never had to go back this far." Didn't say anything. I gave him the part number that was posted in this thread and I got the good old "Part no longer sponsored by Chrysler"

You Verde are a lucky man. I'll be putting my order in with mitsubishiparts.com this friday. Now... To find a grill, does mitsubishi call it a face bar????

^^^

DAMN!

I went into my chrysubishi dealer ship, walked up to the parts guy, looked him dead in the eye and said, "Parts guy, I need a part for a 1988 Conquest" I got a kinda head cocked to the side one raised eye brow look. The ladies that I used to get my VR4 parts weren't there anymore so I had to start from scratch with this genius. I told him it was a 1988 Chrysler Conquest or Mitsubishi Starion, told him that Ihad a part number and needed to look for another part. He must have been knew because the first thing he told me was, "Wow I have never had to go back this far." Didn't say anything. I gave him the part number that was posted in this thread and I got the good old "Part no longer sponsored by Chrysler"

You Verde are a lucky man. I'll be putting my order in with mitsubishiparts.com this friday. Now... To find a grill, does mitsubishi call it a face bar????

Did you go to a Mitsu or a Chrysler dealer? The part number is for Mitsubishi, not sure if Chrysler used the same part numbers in their system. Maybe I should call my local Chrysler dealer and see what they say. Does anyone know for sure if both Chrysler and Mitsu used the identical part numbers in their parts catalog? I would be surprised if they did.

I doubt chrysler would give you the time of day for these cars much less have a database to lookup parts with. Mitsu has to look up parts on a microfische since these cars are so old, and parts are getting hard to come by. Your best bet is to order one from an online mitsu parts store.

Red Baron .... did you actually recieve your airdam yet? Like, you have it in your hands and can post a pic of it? .... I'd like to know if the end result of this or whether they'll come back to you later and say it wasn't available.

On another note, funny story, I had a friend that used to work at Fred Beans Mitsu and he told me they had a whole mess of Conquest / Starion parts in boxes and they just threw them all in the dumpster .... of course he told me this after I purchased my car a few years back. Oh well. What a treasure that would have been.

Edited by techboy

yea back 2005 when i got my dads 87 i went to chysler and they tried to sell me the repair manuals $ 205.00 AND I TOLD THEM ID HAVE TO THINK ABOUT IT !!!!!!!!! AND RAN AS FAST AS I COULD OUT OF THERE.........AND HAVENT BEEN BACK SINCE. FOUND A BRAND NEW AIRDAM ON CRAIGS LIST AND PAID 225.00 AND DROVE AND GOT IT THAT NIGHT.............DEALER IS THE LAST PLACE I WIIL EVER GO TOO.....#%%*@#%@%##%#@%#*$@.....

The closest "mistubishi" dealer ship does all of the... EVERYTHING through the chrysler department. They closed down the mitsubishi parts department and sercive area so everything has to be done through chrysler. I used to order all my parts for my VR4 from the dealer ship. I found that not ALL of the time their prices are astronomical but if I want to find a part with out searching I'd go to them... Sometimes. I've searched for some VR4 parts with part numbers through them before and they found and ordered it. If I walked in there and asked for parts for a starion I have a felling the guy would have told me they don't carry parts for cars they didn't make.

Sorry guys/gals I've been busy with work, I did finally talk to my rep at Fred Beans today to see about getting special pricing for people on the forum. He gave me the name of their the internet sales department that would work better for this purpose. I will call to get pricing and shipping for the 88-89 air dam. I will also take a picture of the one I got so you guys can see it and the MItsubishi box it came in as it is not a Chrysler part. Chrysler discountinued parts for the Conquest sometime ago. There are still Mitsubishi parts avaliable for the Starion so I will also see what they will do for other parts as well, stay tuned.....

OK, I spoke to Jomer with Internet Sales at Fred Beans Parts. He will sell it to anyone from the forum for $325, I gave him a CA zip code (91754) for a shipping quote, it came back to $55 shipping so total of $380 is not bad. He will give anyone from the forum 30% off parts, you can call him @ 877-872-6606 X 1290 or email him at jomer@fredbeans.com and give him any MItsubishi part number. As long as it is avaliable, he will give it to you at the discount. I hope this helps everyone.

Can anyone tell me how to upload photos on this topic? I took some photos of my new air dam but cannot upload the photos here...

Thanks for the tip BC_99, here she is.

http://i1257.photobucket.com/albums/ii506/chanman4u/2012-05-10165305.jpg

http://i1257.photobucket.com/albums/ii506/chanman4u/2012-05-10165354.jpg

http://i1257.photobucket.com/albums/ii506/chanman4u/2012-05-10165403.jpg

http://i1257.photobucket.com/albums/ii506/chanman4u/2012-05-10165412.jpg

Edited by Red Baron