#341 Professor Quest

Professor Quest

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,987 posts
  • Interests:Damn Things TurboCharged!

Posted 03 December 2004 - 01:04 PM

That's about a .022 hole on the top of ALL ROCKERS ARMS. Run your fingers over ALL the wear surfaces. A small amount of wear is ok. But use some commen sense and replace parts that worn out. Here's something you should take notice of........the intake FOLLOWERS are more likely to be worn more. That is because  the Jet Valves apply MORE LOAD.  wink.gif

#342 JustPaus_88TSi

JustPaus_88TSi

This is my forest, and I am not afraid.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,960 posts
  • Model:Conquest

Posted 03 December 2004 - 01:06 PM

Posted Image
88TSi-S16G~19x8.5's/19x10.5's~Anti-M-Power~S&M~FIP TBpro2R~E46 projector HID's/Fogs
2001 IS300-GTE swap~T04E 60-1 Garrett hifi~18" Volk CE28N~Tein Comfort Sport coilovers~TurboEast~PFS~Apex-I~Greddy~Blitz
2005 LS430-Staggered 20" Maya/Trafficstar DTS'~14k/12k Extreme Drop BC Coilovers~KYOEI-USA Representin...Bippu Status.

#343 Professor Quest

Professor Quest

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,987 posts

Posted 03 December 2004 - 01:12 PM

Easier, smarter and it's FREE. A hack-saw and a mill file coverts your intake rocker. The lighter the part, the higher it will rev.

#344 Tim_C.

Tim_C.

Addicted Starquester

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,051 posts
  • Interests:Serving Our Lord Jesus Christ!

Posted 05 December 2004 - 12:10 AM

The exhaust rocker can be used in place of the intake rocker. The oil is a controlled amount, the same or less as the exhaust shaft gives. Where you need oil is right there too. Especially on a performance engine with higher pressure valve springs. That extra oil will help, and doesn't just spray around down there uncontrolled. It dumps directly on the lobe where you want it.
'87TSi .510Roller Cam, JE Forged, TS Rings & plateau honed walls, lightened rods, race prepped crank, mains line honed, balanced, 17C, 3"EX, 2"HardPipes, AlFly, rrfpr, 88trans, 3.90's w/posi plate mods, polyBushings, STSprings, KYBStruts, Camber Plates, CustomAlternator
Traded for new set of tires for my wife's Buick: '87 TSI Gold that needs just about all steering and suspension parts replaced, injectors, a new transmission, clutch, and various electrical gremlins. New owner is a mechanic who is already driving it. I couldn't stand letting it sit any more!
'86 ESiR - OEM Roller Cam, Wiseco Forged 8:1 Pistons, Chad's equal length header, TEP T3/T4 turbo, ACT HD clutch, Fidanza Fly, custom 3" exhaust, 3 core oversized radiator, O-ringed block, AJUSA metal shim head gasket, Dawes Device boost controller
'85 Plymouth Conquest Auto , Wiseco 8:1, super light pins, shaved rods, hi-torque cam, 2.5 Exhaust
'84 Dodge Conquest Parts car
'83 Starion - Gutted stock exhaust with '87 TSi muffler, New engine with: BS Elim,forged Wisecos,balanced,Schneider274H,marnal w/oversized stainless valves
'83 Cannonball Run II Jackie Chan car, Basic ring and bearing job w/less than 6K original miles on body, steering, suspension, & rear end, Lightened stock fly, BS Elim, Walbro 255LPH FP, NEW Clearwater head with all new parts, intercooled, 14G turbo, 2750 car weight
'96 Mitsu Mirage w/rebuilt head. Gets 35+MPG.
'87 Dodge Ram50 4WD Rebuilt engine, fresh stock head, Weber carbed, BS elim. Runs great now!
'97 Buick Ultra (supercharged Park Avenue)

#345 Professor Quest

Professor Quest

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,987 posts

Posted 05 December 2004 - 01:34 PM

The hole in the EXHAUST ROCKER does not line up with a OIL PORT in the shaft at all. So maybe the word "UNCONTROLLED" is not the best word to use. The hole in the rocker MIGHT allow oil to DRIP from that hole. It won't be under any REAL pressure. But you should NEVER USE a "USED" rocker arm in another location. Both the shafts and the rocker WEAR IN TOGETHER. That's why you number them......to put them back where they came from. By switching there locations.........you COULD create a FRICTION PROBLEM. There's also another more serious problem. The cam FOLLOWER SURFACE has WORN-IN with the CAM. Switching theses parts CAN flatten out a CAM because you just REVERSED THE DIRECTION OF WEAR. wink.gif So if you WANT to use exhaust rockers..........you should probably buy new ones. These are only suggestions from a professional race motor builder. Your cam lobes are the HIGHEST FRICTION AREA IN ANY ENGINE.

#346 Professor Quest

Professor Quest

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,987 posts

Posted 08 December 2004 - 01:29 PM

We shall..............continue this on my website. And Starquest i-x net.  ;)

#347 JustPaus_88TSi

JustPaus_88TSi

This is my forest, and I am not afraid.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,960 posts

Posted 14 December 2004 - 11:08 PM

Posted Image
88TSi-S16G~19x8.5's/19x10.5's~Anti-M-Power~S&M~FIP TBpro2R~E46 projector HID's/Fogs
2001 IS300-GTE swap~T04E 60-1 Garrett hifi~18" Volk CE28N~Tein Comfort Sport coilovers~TurboEast~PFS~Apex-I~Greddy~Blitz
2005 LS430-Staggered 20" Maya/Trafficstar DTS'~14k/12k Extreme Drop BC Coilovers~KYOEI-USA Representin...Bippu Status.

#348 Professor Quest

Professor Quest

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,987 posts

Posted 14 December 2004 - 11:21 PM

Special 10mm studs and nuts for the top row. 8mm longer ones for the bottom row that will give you a few more threads. I think your exhaust stud problems are history.  8)

#349 Professor Quest

Professor Quest

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,987 posts

Posted 16 December 2004 - 08:22 PM

Moving to "Starquest i-x net"  See "Professor's Manual for Dummies"  ;)

#350 Professor Quest

Professor Quest

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,987 posts

Posted 07 January 2005 - 02:12 AM

8)

#351 Professor Quest

Professor Quest

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,987 posts

Posted 13 February 2005 - 10:58 PM

Sorry guys, the first 15 pics got out of there proper order. John and I will fix them. In the mean time see http://starquest.i-x.net/viewforum.php?f=12

#352 Professor Quest

Professor Quest

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,987 posts

Posted 10 June 2005 - 11:02 AM

:wink:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users