ELIMINATING A/C? You want this part!

Professor Quest

Alternator adjusting bracket for NON A/C CARS.....MD027751   $5.86 Still available at the dealers. Some even stock it. ;) Bolt changes........the A/C bracket has three 80mm long bolts in the front. Keep one 80mm for the new bracket. replace the other 2 with 70mm long bolts. You can rob these from a spare motor. ;) Give us a picture, Justpaus. THANK YOU!!!    You can make the bracket too. (lower part) This makes some serious room under the hood and your Alt. is a breeze to get to.  ;D

Yeah, it's .3 lb compared to the stock 8.6 lb jobby, some of the easiest weight to lose.

A few others include:

A/C: 45

Boat Hooks: 7.9 lbs

F. License plate holder: 2.6

ABS: 9.3

G-Sensor: 1.3

Spare tire: 28.2

Jack & Tools: 7.1

Cargo Shade: 8.2

Rear Wiper junk: 9.0

Emissions junk: 7.3

Cruise: 5.7

ADD *DM exhaust: 13.0

ADD sticky tires: 12.0

Total weight removed: 164.9 lbs

Easy.

Yeah, it's .3 lb compared to the stock 8.6 lb jobby, some of the easiest weight to lose.

A few others include:

A/C: 45

Boat Hooks: 7.9 lbs

F. License plate holder: 2.6

ABS: 9.3

G-Sensor: 1.3

Spare tire: 28.2

Jack & Tools: 7.1

Cargo Shade: 8.2

Rear Wiper junk: 9.0

Emissions junk: 7.3

Cruise: 5.7

ADD *DM exhaust: 13.0

ADD sticky tires: 12.0

Total weight removed: 164.9 lbs

Easy.

Indeed, take off another 150 to be where i'm at ;)... No backseats, or heater/blower motor crap under dash... Plus it's liquid filled, liquid is heavy...

http://2.6liter.com/userfiles/StarQuester/ProfsAltBracketPic

Indeed, take off another 150 to be where i'm at ;)... No backseats, or heater/blower motor crap under dash... Plus it's liquid filled, liquid is heavy...

Justpaus -

Any problems with the windows fogging up on you with no heater in your quest? I just got done removing my dash and all the venting and I'm debating on yanking the a/c and heater/blower but am concerned that I'll have to stick my head out the window on rainy days.

Nah, but I live in the AZ desert... A few times I noticed the windshield starting to get foggy, but I just crack the windows and pop the sunroof...If I ever move I'm going to get a universal heater and route my own vents...I did that in a friends GN before, worked nicely... The aftermarket heater cores are much smaller than our stock one...

This bracket is a good thing to have though, that's a serious weight difference..

Thanks for the part number Prof.. ;) ;D ;D ;D

;)JUSTPAUSE you are right about who cares about the 1/4? I have removed all my a/c components and then some! (all emmisions) Trying to even out the weight difference between the front and rear for handling, and by removing all the a/c, my car runs cooler!

Sonny, I just asked for "retail". I figured dealer would be a little cheaper. Good Idea Cal. Then I could argue with myself! LOL LOL LOL  ;D ;D ;D Heeeeeeeeeyyyyy..........what an idea!! NAAAAAA. I'd hurt my own feelings and then both of ME would get suspended. LOL. ;D

Sonny, I just asked for "retail". I figured dealer would be a little cheaper. Good Idea Cal. Then I could argue with myself! LOL LOL LOL  ;D ;D ;D Heeeeeeeeeyyyyy..........what an idea!! NAAAAAA. I'd hurt my own feelings and then both of ME would get suspended. LOL. ;D

Professor, You can argue with me that way we wont offend any one, and then, when we have had enough of each others B.S, we could suspend each other!!!!!! Just a thought!!! P.S. I still think your one of the most knowledgable members on this site. You just tell it like it is, and a lot of members dont want to hear it!!!!!!!! Thanks again for the a/c bracket advice.

Your Pal,

CALIBER 308

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...