Illinois or Midwest track days

Jeff714

How many guys out there are in the Chicago area or the Midwest and track their cars? I'm planning on getting to Blackhawk Farms and Autobahn in IL, Gingerman in MI and hopefully Grattan in MI this season. Any one else? I'd love to see some other Starquests in action on the track, or at all really.

Well I am not made of money but I do hope to be out the second half of the summer. I hope to do a DE at Mid Ohio in August. The local Miata club runs at a go kart track that is a blast. Lap times are ~60 seconds.

What are the prices for a track day at the tracks you mentioned?

Well I am not made of money but I do hope to be out the second half of the summer. I hope to do a DE at Mid Ohio in August. The local Miata club runs at a go kart track that is a blast. Lap times are ~60 seconds.

What are the prices for a track day at the tracks you mentioned?

The only one I've done so far was like $185 if I remember correctly. That's for (6) 20min sessions with an instructor. That was an SCCA event which are typically cheaper than other private company run ones from what I've seen, you do have to be a member($85/yr) or buy a weekend membership ($15 I think?)

Grattan mi is that north east of grand rapids?

Yeah in the boom town of Belding, MI.

I'm about 15 minutes or so away from blackhawk farms. I was actually looking into going this year even though my car I'm sure wouldn't be the best on a road course. Only thing that made me not want to do it is its $250 and I think a guy from the track has to ride with you...which is awkward lol

The SCCA instructor was great when I did it. Far from awkward it was super helpful as I'd never been on a road course before. I highly suggest it, though beware it's addictive.

• 2 weeks later...