Tire side

You can put 55's on. I have them on my car b/c I got the tires for free. It looks a little silly IMO b/c of the tall sidewall, I'll go back to shorter side wall next time around, but you can do it.

Keep in mind that with the taller side wall and wider tire, you will LOSE PERFORMANCE. Not only does it look funky, but it's also increases tire roll. It has been discussed many times and for performance it's best to get the listed sizes or sometimes to even undersize.

- Charles

Keep in mind that with the taller side wall and wider tire, you will LOSE PERFORMANCE. Not only does it look funky, but it's also increases tire roll. It has been discussed many times and for performance it's best to get the listed sizes or sometimes to even undersize.

- Charles

I used to run 245/50s on my rear 9s and when I got d2s I noticed the rear wheels felt like they were flopping over under hard cornering. After switching to some 225/50s that floppy feeling is pretty much gone, I can feel the bushings in my swaybars giving in now instead of the tires.

^^^^ so is he, a 225/50 tire has a shorter sidewall than a 245/50. The aspect ratio "50" means that the sidewall height is 50% of the 225mm section width (112.5 mm in this case). A 245/50 would therefore have a taller sidewall height (245×50%=122.5 mm).

You're talking about tire width though ^^^, we're talking about tire height.

A 225/50 on a 9 is stretched just a little reducing sidewall size, anything less and you get that stance poke look, anything more and you get more sidewall flex.