Group Interest Thread

G54B3sgte

Ok i met up with a guy yesterday evening who does fiberglass body parts for a living and is trying to expand his business further then doing 300GT/Stealth parts

I need to see how many of you guys would like o purchase airdams for 225 shipped I will have the first one out of the mold from him in about a month and a half but it wont stop there if there is enough s upport from you guys

I have heard suggested items as such:

Fiberglass Fenders

Reproduction Airdams

Reproduction 83 hoods for cheaper then mookeeh which is a possibility and i mean alot cheaper

Reproduction Center consoles and and shifter pieces

Custom front and rear bumpers

maybe some hatch pieces and such

but for the first run it will be airdams I need atleast 40 people to show interest in possibly ordering these and when the first one comes out of the mold I will be showing the DFW guys so they get to see it first hand and can give you their thoughts on the quality of it now I have seen his work for the 3000gt stuff and its first rate and this isnt some guy doing it afterwork this is all he does for a living so once the molds are made production will be quick so sign up for the interest of a airdam so we can get this ball rolling and get us the parts we need and want for cheaper and with qaulity

FYI Mookies airdam GP price was $179 + shipping.

Also its gonna be nearly impossible to get 40 people to commit. The only GP I can recall that had that many were mookies F&R struts which ended up to be only $119 for the set.

Might want to start with something small thats not already available, and relitivly easy. Just to make sure the whole process is going to work, and the production time isnt too long. I dont know what it is... but the "I know a guy" GP's seem to be the kiss of death, specially when it comes to fiberglass or CF. Something beyond anyones control always stops the project dead in its tracks... if it even gets going in the first place. Every year or two there is a GP post about cheap FG or CF parts that never goes anywhere. Usually its because molds cannot be made with out a commitment / deposits, and no one will commit or without a sample, and people expect custom made parts to cost the same as cheap mas produced honda parts on ebay.

But at least you will have a sample before trying to collect money, thats a good start. Good luck.

Edited by PDX87Starion

Also IMHO and from having an old school fiberglass kit on a min truck. Fiberglass sucks for lower body parts. Even from just junk on the road hitting it over about 2 years it developed hairline cracks.

thanks for the faith extreme and i understand i wasnt asking people to commit to a purchase i was asking for interest for possibly buying the product and this isnt one of those deals the guy is having the mold made for himself i will not be selling them via to yall you will deal with him directly for your parts i am just introducing him to these cars he isnt charging me to make the molds because he is the one that will be making the money he will be the one to setup the gp thread when he has them ready this guy is a straight shooter he doesnt have any other job then making fg parts he used to make car kits for people his handy work is incredibly the craftsmanship is amazing and extreme we are working on a wide mouth design without sacrificing the foglight assemblies so all it will be is to modd the support bumper and bolt on like i said i am going to get a sample of the first airdam once it is out of the mold and gonna let the dfw guys look touch smell if they want lol but i was also trying to see what other items you guys might want that no one has taken the time to actualy have reproduced like our center consoles and such and btw he makes his molds so its not going to be a situation where he is waiting on another company to make it for him this guy used to make countache kits for people to have a replica of and the all famous ac cobras but he is trying to build up his own business making parts for cars who either have no aftermarket support or a item was stopped from production like alot of the hks stuff has so dont throw in the towel yet but the 225 is shipped to your door ready for primer and paint and as such as we progress with other items Edited by G54B3sgte

thats what I was going for :P

come on man...thats a paint example...lol

All right your off the hook...I think a ducktail spoiler would be sweet..

http://www.deftracing.com/mustang_classic_design/images/classic_mustang_05_07_ducktail_spoiler.jpg

OR

http://www.javelinamx.com/JavHome/basics/73amx2.jpg

i would like to see an extended stock spoiler. seen a few gp for them but they were never made in the end. kind of tired of the paint peelin on my stock one lol. would be nice to see the 1" extended stock style spoiler finiched and available for purchase. been teased twice. thats worse than the wife shootin me down for a little fun cause u know ur gonna have fun anyways. but seein 2 possible gp for these spoilers and not findin one sold yet drives me nuts bein i have wanted one since the idea was put out there the first time.

Ya, I'd like to see some design ideas for a rear air defuser beneath the rear bumper, to add a little to the view most familiar to non-owners. Never found the gas tank too appealing. One that would mount below the stock bumper cover, but not look like a cheap 'add-on.' -Something which would compliment the car's design similar to what the front spoiler does for it.

Ya, I'd like to see some design ideas for a rear air defuser beneath the rear bumper, to add a little to the view most familiar to non-owners. Never found the gas tank too appealing. One that would mount below the stock bumper cover, but not look like a cheap 'add-on.' -Something which would compliment the car's design similar to what the front spoiler does for it.

^ what he said

Yea now thats a good idea

• 1 year later...