1989 Shell in Houston (Livingston) TX $1500

No photos with this one. Unless it is mint inside & out it's overpriced IMO. Seems like members can't get $500 for a shell here.

Link:

http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/4062501912.html

Ad:

2cx8k-4062501912@sale.craigslist.org

Posted: 2013-09-12, 9:45AM CDT

89 Chrysler Conquest TSI Same Car As Mitsubishi Starion ! - $1500 (Livingston)

89 Chrysler Conquest TSI. Same car as Mitsubishi Starion. Body is Excellent. Comes with extra hood and fender. Factory Aluminum Rims. No motor or Trans . $1,500 call/text 936-933-3927

Thanks for the insight. There's a guy selling one in what looks to be similar condition in Orlando for $1700. I guess they are counting on that sucker born every day to buy them and are in no hurry to sell.

you wouldn't believe what some people ask for these. i just encourage everybody to be patient. I got my '88 san marino yellow roller (excellent body and interior) for $600

• 2 weeks later...
The car looks trashed on the inside as i was personally there to check it out. He ended up putting on ebay but no one has taken his bait. I had offer him $300 but that was a no go as he stated" The wheels are worth more the 700 alone", they are the 7-8 and not in the best condition to boot. Just my 2 cents...

The hard reality is a car (or anything) is worth what someone else will pay for it. Different locations and circumstances sometimes mean a lot more or a lot less money. Somebody local to him that really wants a shell and doesn't know much about the cars may pay more. This is similar to trying to get $15K for one and the AC doesn't work. If someone really wants it, they'll buy it but for both the shell and the $15K car, no sale so far.

The hard reality is a car (or anything) is worth what someone else will pay for it. Different locations and circumstances sometimes mean a lot more or a lot less money. Somebody local to him that really wants a shell and doesn't know much about the cars may pay more. This is similar to trying to get $15K for one and the AC doesn't work. If someone really wants it, they'll buy it but for both the shell and the $15K car, no sale so far.

I hear what you're saying but I've seen this car in person too and it's a dog

I hear what you're saying but I've seen this car in person too and it's a dog

I'm not disagreeing... what will someone pay for a dog? One of us that knows the car, maybe $200. There was/is a great shell in NY for $500 or so, but it would cost over $800 to ship it here- so it's a $1300+ car to me. Bikes are the same way, people try to sell projects that "ran when parked" 15 years ago for over $1,000. Maybe if it was a rare fuel injected KZ, but the average universal jap bike, more like $0 to 200. BTW, as you know, that's why we keep seeing these for sale for months and sometimes years.

If a sucker comes along that doesn't know the car they will likely get taken for a good bit more. As TexasQuest mentioned, you pull up in one & the seller should realize you know the car- which is also why brand forums are usually the worst place to try & sell to get any kind of money, but the best place to find someone that will know the car & probably take good care of it.

If the seller has the city pressuring them via a junk//inop vehicle law @ $250/day, then the price will likely come down quickly.