supercharged g8 gt, camaro, mustang, +... soon to see my new backside

sellerfeller

ok, so last night i notice this nice pontiac g8 gt ahead of me. so does this camaro as he speeds up to get beside the G8. well, they have themselves a little race and get stopped at the next set of lights which just turned red. so i have time to get up behind the camaro at the light. there are only two lanes that go straight ahead... camaro in left lane, g8 in right. there was an suv behind the g8... beside of me. the camaro was lurching pretty violently so i knew they were about to run again. light turns green and both cars launch... smoking tires. the g8 motors ahead of the camaro rather quickly so i switch lanes when shifting into 2nd and pass the camaro before shifting into 3rd... the g8 gained a little when i swapped lanes but i was right on his arse. the road opened up to 3 lanes and there is traffic ahead so the pontiac moves over into the far right lane and passes more traffic... i get off of the gas because there is just too much traffic for this. he gets stopped at the next light but it turns green before i get there so, i motivate a little more and get up beside him doing 70 in 4th gear... that's when he stomps it and i hear this whistle that i didn't notice earlier... i drop it down into 3rd and was pulling ahead of him ever so slightly, but lost a fender to him when shifting into 4th and having to go around another car on the far right side lane again. there is way too much traffic so i get out of the throttle and he goes on ahead... my name is greg, and i'm an addict.

there was evidently a mustang taking interest because a few miles up the road he eases up beside me and revs his engine.... my name is greg, and i'm an addict.... so the mustang hammers it... i drop it down into 3rd and put a car length or so on him before shifting into 4rd then put another bus length on him in a few seconds so i get out of it and he pulls up beside and gives me a big grin and thumbs up.

... and those guys will soon be viewing my new led tail light kit... yep, i'm excited to win the contest for the tails (thank you MotoCam360!!) they are supposed to ship in a couple of weeks & i'm hoping to have them on her at PF.

wooo hooooo! lol

Edited by sellerfeller

What mods do you have?

hey man.... i had an mpi setup nearly ready to install but unloaded it so i could purchase D2's so i'm

still on stock throttle body

walbro fuel pump

mechanical lifter setup

MSD 2222 FPR

Delphi 650/950 injectors

8.3:1 Weisco pistons

Rotating assembly fully balanced

Balance shafts eliminated

msd 6al

tach adapter

blaster 2 coil

magnecor 8.5mm plug wires

1 7/8" exhaust - created by 87quest-TSI

removed ring/step on stock exhaust mani

20g w/ custom garrett innards currently running 22 lbs boost

greddy type rs bov

3" gm maf

gen2 maf translator

That is what I was thinking. There is HP there to free up that big turbo. Go 3" and don't look back. I have read a ton of articles on exhaust diameter size and every one of them says you can't go big enough for a turbo dump pipe.

Though it doesn't sound like your hurting in the power department, nice runs.

Wow definitely nice runs, my brother has a G8 and it moves out with hardly anything done. Intake, axle back exhasut, and an aggressive tune. So I could imagine a supercharged one..I would love to be running with big hitters like that. Keep slaying them lol.

thanks doods :)

i hear that... i know my eyebrows had to of risen when i heard the supercharger... and yep, i was surprised he didn't run off and leave me.

what i would give to have seen the expression of the camaro guy when i went around him... i don't think he expected the person behind him to even be racing. lol. i figure my expression was also interesting...anyone pull face when you hammer it... i do... that might be a interesting topic.

the exhaust was on the car when i got it. Minagera was a PO and 87quest-TSI welded the exhaust when he had it... hopefully they'll chime in.

i had a 3"er on my last conquest with this turbo and it seems like the off boost drive-ability is better with the smaller exhaust... and it does spool the turbo sooner from the increased back-pressure. i may be getting the 3"er back and see what changes it makes...i didn't have the tuner working properly on the other car.

i do love the way she drives...

---------------------------------- :wub:-------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by sellerfeller

• 2 weeks later...

hey man.... i had an mpi setup nearly ready to install but unloaded it so i could purchase D2's so i'm

walbro fuel pump

mechanical lifter setup

MSD 2222 FPR

Delphi 650/950 injectors

msd 6al

tach adapter

blaster 2 coil

1 7/8" exhaust - created by 87quest-TSI

greddy type rs bov

3" gm maf

gen2 maf translator

ok... well sometimes i'm in a fog...

... the 1 7/8" as i'm remembering is the inside diameter of the doughnut type gasket between the downpipe and exhaust... that is smaller than what i expected to be there. exhaust is prob 2 1/2" as well as the downpipe.

forgot to mention... also have schneider HD valve springs

i've re-installed a fuel pressure gauge on fuel rail and found that i'm running @42 psi fuel pressure at idle.

have an aeromotive FPR but haven't installed it yet.... plan on doing a wire tuck and relocating some things when i put it in.

updated mod list:

walbro fuel pump

mechanical lifter setup

schneider HD valve springs

MSD 2222 FPR -- 42 psi at idle

Delphi 650/950 injectors

msd 6al

tach adapter

blaster 2 coil

2 1/2" exhaust ? - created by 87quest-TSI

greddy type rs bov

3" gm maf

gen2 maf translator

It is a 2.5" exhaust I do believe. Also I always found that exhaust setup to have better driveability than a straight 3.

she does drive sweet. sounds about right... i hear ya... and a nice tone from the hooker super competition muff. like it so much... that after buying this car... i bought a super comp for my 3" exhaust... but one of my boys traded the red88 with exhaust on it before install.

Edited by sellerfeller

Sounds like a fun car :D

I am curious though how you managed 22psi with a 20g and stock injectors?

What afr are you running wot?

aren't they all fun... when they're running right. lol

i figure it's from the 42lb base fuel pressure. afr at wot runs 11's and creeps up to low/mid 12's at upper rpms

• 2 weeks later...
yeah 2 inch is probably enough to get away with it. Engines need back pressure. because its a big 4 cyl 3 inch seems to be majik but i'm sure the real money is a would be closer to 2.25 with steps and megaphones lol, but no one is that nuts about exhaust.

You want the turbo impeller to be the only thing causing backpressure in the system. If the exhaust is slowing down because of the diameter of the piping after the turbo, the turbo will be spooling slower.

I wouldn't be anything leaner than 12:1 under boost IMO, I think 11.5-11.8 is a better target. If you're looking for more power, rather than leaning it out, adding timing would result in a larger power gain quicker. Do the research first though--small margin of error.

• 7 months later...