TPS upgrade and adapter NEW STOCK!!!!

boostinmini

Hey guys

I have ad some spare time and had some new hardware come in so I am going to build another 3 tps sensor adapters... This will be a slightly updated design.

They will be 105 shipped in northamerica including paypal fees.

They will come with tps adapter, used but tested mazda tps, pigtail and all hardware for install

If you are interested please pm me.

once i get one finished i will post some pictures.

picture is for reference only of a special polished one that is avail for extra cost

post-3209-0-35361100-1364943876_thumb.jpg

Edited by boostinmini
  • Like 1

not sure if it performs better as i never had a starion one that worked. But if you are in the same boat as i was where u could not find a stock one this is a great option and its a common mazda sensor so down the road the replacements will be easy to find

• 2 weeks later...

I finally got around to installing my set up today and let me say it is a very quality peice and works 100% how it should.

My car is on MegaSquirt and from the stock TPS to this is night and day. The reaction time is faster and more responsive. The position at which the senser starts to read is waaaay more soon and acurate. It makes for a much smoother feel and response.

Thanks again.

a picture of mine installed, special polished finish

https://plus.google....=CPKhvNuu0dGhbQ

https://picasaweb.go...890759915666434

Edited by boostinmini

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
This is a nice set up. I put one on my car. Cut your connector off and splice it to your plug end and you are good to go. Adjust it the same way as you always did. Easier to find a replacement TPS when needed.

This is a nice set up. I put one on my car. Cut your connector off and splice it to your plug end and you are good to go. Adjust it the same way as you always did. Easier to find a replacement TPS when needed.

So everything works properly like stock. We need a few testers on here before we feel comfortable going this route.

I have sold about 12 and so far seems like every one is loving them, I am still running mine with megasquirt and works awesome, super fast response, great for tunning acceleration enrichment.

• 1 month later...
hey sorry guys i was away on holidays, I am back now, trying to fab up a actual instruction sheet and hoping to make some more of these in th next week or two

Hey guys

whipped this up for anyone looking fr instructions

Starion TPS upgrade instructions

1 - remove old TPS and cut off plug leaving enough wire to work with to connect to new tps.

2 - Match up wires on tps, the mazda colors are as follows

-Black and red is ground

-Blue and Yellow is signal

-Green and red is power

3 - use some pliers to "squish" the mazda tps metal actuator slot so it fits snug on the starion plastic tps actuator ut still able to move on it.

4 - Remove plastic TPS actuator arm from starion tbi unit and trim approx 1mm off the top so it will fit into the new adapter and rotate freely, then reinstall on TBI

5 - Use supplied foam and cut a small piece to fit in the bottom of of the TBI unit where the small opening.

6 - Bolt on TPS adapter plate using supplied allen bolts. Optional for extra water and dust tightness you can use a small amount of silicone between the adapter and the starion TBI Unit.

7 - I available use a small amount of brake lube to lube the oring to aid in adjusting TPS.

8 - Install TPS with the oring between the adapter and your new TPS. Do not over tighten the tps mounting nuts....you may cause damage to the tps just snug past the point you can't turn the tps

9 - Adjust TPS as per FSM

Edited by boostinmini

Nice. I can alsways check the FSM for the OEM wiring pinout, but I think if you posted which Mazda TPS wire connects to which OEM wire it would save some people a little time. Nice part!

Nice. I can alsways check the FSM for the OEM wiring pinout, but I think if you posted which Mazda TPS wire connects to which OEM wire it would save some people a little time. Nice part!

Hey if you could post that info i could deff add it to my instructions, I never even got a tps with my tbi unit when i converted my truck.. So i dont even know what the stock wire colors are.

Hey if you could post that info i could deff add it to my instructions, I never even got a tps with my tbi unit when i converted my truck.. So i dont even know what the stock wire colors are.

OK, I'll pin it out and post the info when I get it.

dude!! this looks awesome!. Yes please keep making them! im taking my quest across country starting this evening. and when i get to my final destination, depending on how much money i have. im hittin you up for one. i need to get my replaced with a reliable tps. this looks to be the best option other then busting one open and cleaning it out.

Daniel