2JZ clutch controls

Bill Hincher

Bill on the v160 or the r154?

I'm running Competition Clutch stage 4 sprung 6 puck. Stock 1jz flywheel. Stock fork and slave. Like Mikie said, there is a hook on the "bearing retainer"? that the fork hooks to.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&docid=M9kJVEgor9jcfM&tbnid=7CEIYKabibjKYM:&ved=0CAUQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.soarerworld.com%2Fforum%2Fshowthread.php%3F30074-1jzgte-r154-clutch-install-confused!!-help-please-!!&ei=tGVxUqbvFcufkQeDvICwDA&bvm=bv.55617003,d.eW0&psig=AFQjCNGOeQMXmSdi27P_dOTtOmhVQyTzDg&ust=1383249518216602

Edited by BOHO

the 2JZ R 154 clutch/flywheel/ starter arraingement should be kept intact, It can handle the power and its readily available, everything I see uses a 'pull' style clutch, which I am no big fan of but there it is

Having said all that, if an improvement could be made at the beginning of the idea, what would it be? is there a desired flywheel over another? prefered clutch? what about double disc set ups?

IMO twin disk set ups are great. but extremely expensive. and not everyone out here has the moolah to buy that set up.

if you did offer this bellhousing the 1jz/R154 configuration is readily avail and very reliable. lots of affordable flywheel/ clutch combinations

out there good for up to 500 hp and would open your product to more people without unlimited budgets

Edited by 87quest_stv

Mikie is correct. I'm running r154 with 1jz flywheel. So are you wanting to use the bellhousing so you can mate it to the t56? Depends on your timeline but I plan on tearing mine down in a few weeks to change cars.

Mikie is correct. I'm running r154 with 1jz flywheel. So are you wanting to use the bellhousing so you can mate it to the t56? Depends on your timeline but I plan on tearing mine down in a few weeks to change cars.

I got to understand where to place the clutch fork on the new housing

I probalby need to scrounge up a R 154/ 2JZ bellhousing somewhere

finding a used one for a reasonable amount of money is not easy... I can buy a brand new one through my local toyota dealer for $290

part number 31111-14111

Most used you'll find are around the $250 mark. or more

Edited by 87quest_stv

• 1 month later...
the good thing about the t-56 though is that it has such a large aftermarket. That's what lured me to it, because the 4g63 is the same way. I believe ppg makes a dogbox kit for it I plan on installing someday.