2009 StarQuest Nationals!

UlrichWolf

http://img380.imageshack.us/img380/6648/nats20095agifvk1.jpg

Two years ago, a National Meet was held. A rather legendary meet in Grand Rapids, Michigan. We had said that we wouldn't ever be able to top that meet. Guess what? We're going to try to do exactly that.

It's time for StarQuest Nationals 2009! This year, to be held in picturesque Branson, Missouri. Branson is a family tourism mecca with a huge variety of shows and activities. To learn more about what you and your family can do in Branson besides StarQuest Nationals 2009, follow this link:

WHAT TO DO IN BRANSON

Of course, everyone wants to know, what's the money situation? We got it covered! We knew that we were facing rougher financial waters, so we're doing everything we can to make this a perfectly wallet friendly meet. This might be the last time you might get a shot to go to Nationals for under $4 a gallon!

1 Place:

d*** Clark's American Bandstand / Area 57
June 5-June 8 2009
Headquarter hotel is the Ramada Convention Center, located on-site

Hotel Website:
WHERE WE ARE STAYING

We arranged with the Ramada:

2 queen bed family suites, with couch that has a rollaway, or a hide-a-bed, whatever you want to call it.......

$64.95 per night, plus taxes.

We also arranged for that rate to be honored for a few days before, and after the meet in case anyone wanted to stay extra, and make a real long vacation out of it. Your room rate also includes a free hot breakfast buffet every morning, for every guest in your room.

This location is right on the Highway 76 strip. For the wives and girlfriends, it couldn't get better. Quick, easy access to a lot of shows and restaurants, and we have a perfect place to do our thing.

RESERVATION INSTRUCTIONS

Please call 1-800-641-4106, and mention that you are with the Starion/Conquest Car Club, and what dates you would like to stay.

If you have any special questions, get in touch with Veronica at the hotel. She knows all.

2. Activities.

This is where the Area 57 facility comes in. If you click the link, Area 57 is a place made specifically for car shows. And it's ours for the entire weekend. As a matter of fact, if you recall, in 2007, we tacked onto the 28th Street Metro Cruise, which was really great. It was nice to have a big event to go with, but this time.....d*** Clark's is promoting our event, and we will be the attraction. If you have ever been to Branson, you know how the shows go.....and that weekend, we're one of the shows.

Area 57 is also on-site with the Ramada and d*** Clark's. Area 57 website:

WHERE IT'S GOING DOWN

General rundown of how things are sort of envisioned, but we want to make perfectly clear, participation in any event is 100 percent VOLUNTARY. Don't feel pressured into doing what we're doing, if you just want to come, hang out, go fish on Table Rock, it's your call.

Friday, June 5:

Everyone arrives and checks in, some glad-handing, some socializing, settling in. No rush. In fact, you can all park your cars on the Area 57 grounds, your hotel rooms will be within walking distance of the Area 57 facility.

Friday night, Ozark Raceway Park will be having a test and tune, roughly 45 minutes away from Branson. Entry fees are 15 to race, 10 to watch.

Track opens at 3, racing starts at 5, and closes at 11. We WILL have our own area at the track.

DRAG STRIP INFO HERE

Rules:

Drag Strip Rules HERE

Saturday, June 6:

Area 57 will be providing us with running water so you can wash your car right on site if you choose. I personally will be after breakfast. Join me. I'm sure my car will have gotten bug guts and brake dust on it......'cause I'm driving it.

Little later in the day, we'll have people all day streaming in and salivating over our cars. Area 57 has hosted many meets.....but they have never seen a pacer or a Chevette on their grounds, so let's make them proud.

We will also be doing a car show with interesting categories for all types and levels of StarQuests. Details and categories coming soon!

Saturday night......we will be setting up a 30 foot tall movie screen, and turning the car show area into a drive in movie. The feature will be Cannonball Run II.

Sunday, June 7:

Early morning ride to Eureka Springs, Arkansas. We should mention.....this is a spirited ride. We don't want to say too much....but we want to be on the road while the locals are in church. Eureka Springs is a great place to take the girlie......it's been called Little Switzerland a time or two before. After this, it's pretty much open. I'm sure we can find something to get into. Perhaps a big group dinner. Suggestions welcomed.

Monday, June 8:

Packing up, and heading home. There is also usually an impromptu breakfast gathering for the last of us diehards that stay the full time. We'll go with the flow on this one.

3. Registration.

We're still working on registration details right now. We will be opening up for registration very soon, so stay tuned!

Also, as things develop, and they usually do, because we can't leave things alone, we will certainly be adding to this post, and making this as good a National Meet as we possibly can.

REGISTRATION INFORMATION AND INSTRUCTIONS!!!!

Registration is now OPEN!

Here are all the details:

Registration is $29 per car, for those of you bringing more than one vehicle, each additional vehicle will be $5. **ADDITIONAL VEHICLE FEE NOT APPLICABLE TO TOW RIGS**

Your registration fee includes a T-Shirt, so please, when you register, advise us of the size. If you wish for additional shirts, they can be had for $18 each. As you know, we are doing a MOD-style drawing this year, so your registration also includes 3 tickets, and if you are bringing a secondary vehicle, we'll throw in two additional tickets for the extra fee that comes along with that.

Now, if you register between now and May 1, we'll throw in 2 additional drawing tickets! Between now and May 1, it will be 5 tickets included in regular registration as opposed to the normal 3.

For complete info, and where to pay registration, and buy additional T Shirts, please visit this link:
2009 StarQuest Nationals

Tim, Mike, and Jolyrgr

EDIT:
Two way radios are highly recommended. The meet planners can be found on channel 2, subchannel 6. If you need radios, check here:

CHEAP RADIOS

Advise UlrichWolf if you need to be added to the list, and aren't there.

IN LIST

1. IntercooledFlatty
2. Jolyrgr
3. Mike Meyerhoff
4. Maxzillian
5. UlrichWolf
6. Burton
7. Burton's Wife
8. Szester
9. SilverArrow89
10. Cokedoctor
11. ScottyGibb
12. ColinGibb
13. ALLEN405 OUT!!!!! FIRST CASUALTY!!!
14. ElkidminoLTU
15. Hoosierquest
16. Slowquest
17. RWD Addict
18. Money4771
19. IGot4UGot8
20. Dan Brew
21. Michael Knight
22. PDodson
23. Focus
24. Big Al
25. D Venable
26. JSwan
27. Larry32T
28. ESTurbo4
29. CyberQuest
30. Leon Alexander
31. TMeitz
32. Gofastredstar
33. 1989Quest
34. Gary
35. Phinko
36. Scott87Star
37. IDriftJunk
38. Technology
39. SovereignCitizen Edited by UlrichWolf

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just want to make plain......

It's not required that you show up with a Quest. So, if you have to drive something else, don't feel bad.

We'd LIKE to see as many Quests there as possible, but hey, these things happen. Drive anything you got.

Tim

I can have some prizes donated by D-Link again like the 07' meet. I'll only drive down if my car is done and I have it slated to be even painted before that time so we should be good. Just a matter of getting the car appraised before I take on a long trip. If I go or not the donation will still be there :D

^^^^

Yeah the Gamerlounge is bad-a**! Have the N version. I can probably get one of those and the 1080p wireless N media bridge.

http://games.dlink.com/products/?pid=643DGL-4500

http://www.dlink.com/products/?sec=1&pid=547

This really sounds good.

Damn, why do I have to be 2115 miles away?!?!

I've not driven my car more than a couple hours at a time.

I'm not sure if I could handle 3 days driving, 3 days there, 3 days driving.

I may just have to do it though.

Would I get a special T-shirt for coming the farthest?

http://l.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/39.gifhmmm... dwayne too?

I don't know, are you going? If you, Dwayne, Myself and Derek go, it would be one awesome cruise, plus we'd be reppin' hard for MN, haha.

We roll 4 deep. I'll try and convince Klube to drive his too, but I don't know if he likes putting more then 10 miles a year on his car. :D

i'm there dood :hmm3grin2orange:

Tim, Mike, and Jolyrgr

this sounds top notch, sounds like you guys are going host the best meet ever :thumbsup:

Who wants to bring a driver's rear quarter and welding equip?

i can if you are serious

eureka springs is soooo nice, on a bike it was sweet. in the quest it will be :driving: