#1 Rozi30214

Rozi30214

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20 posts
  • Model:Starion

Posted 25 February 2019 - 11:37 AM

Hey Y'all!

My father must part with his beloved1985 Mitsubish Starion. A tree in his yard fell on it in 2015. It has been sitting in the driveway ever since.This car was brought brand new in 1985 and it has been babied. It has brand new tires on that was brought in 2015 and a brand new turbo in it. It was a great car and we are sad to see it go but it must. The car is not drivable and will need to be towed. I believe it is an Starion ES and it is located for sale in Fayetteville, Ga. The car has about 150K miles on it. We would like to sell it for $1200 but we are willing to negotiate.  This is the perfect car for someone who is looking for parts or who wants to rebuild the car. Any questions please contact me! Thanks for reading!! Also this website says the pictures are too big to upload so if you would like to see the pictures of the car please send me a PM and I will send them to you. Thanks!!!

https://atlanta.crai...6827777111.html

Edited by Rozi30214, 25 February 2019 - 11:44 AM.

#2 techboy

techboy

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:80's & 90's turbo charged cars.

Posted 25 February 2019 - 02:06 PM

Man, I had the same thing happen to me once and I had the roof cut off and a new one welded on, but I wouldn't want to do it again.

It looks like it got hit pretty hard.  Considering you can sometimes find poorly running Starquests for that kinda money, you're probably lucky to get about 1/2 that - hate to be the bearer of bad news.
1988 Starion ESi-R ... crushed by a tree 10/31/11 - back from the dead 8/2016
1988 Conquest TSi ... current driver - sold to Bigjoe 6/2016
1987 Conquest Flatty ... F/S thread - sold 8/2014
1987 Conquest TSi ... parts car - sold to Coldscrip 12/2011
1999 Eclipse 4G63 ... heavily modified.
Feeback Thread | Motor rebuild thread | Restoration thread

Posted Image

#3 Rozi30214

Rozi30214

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 25 February 2019 - 03:32 PM

Thank you for being honest! I just want it to go to a good home and get my money back for the brand new turbo that is sitting in there.

#4 jinx

jinx

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,923 posts
  • Interests:I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Posted 25 February 2019 - 08:05 PM

one owner + been babied = might be a gem of a drivetrain, that can breath new life into any of a few SQ that can use a fresh
A solid 54 + strong auto aint something u come accross often. Hopefully some starquestor may c the value in it
stoopid tree

#5 techboy

techboy

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:80's & 90's turbo charged cars.

Posted 25 February 2019 - 10:44 PM

I know it takes time and tools, but if you take the turbo off, engine and drivetrain out, you can probably get that money and maybe more it parting it.  Wheels, the side louvers, etc ... you probably don't want a project but there is definitely good parts still there.
1988 Starion ESi-R ... crushed by a tree 10/31/11 - back from the dead 8/2016
1988 Conquest TSi ... current driver - sold to Bigjoe 6/2016
1987 Conquest Flatty ... F/S thread - sold 8/2014
1987 Conquest TSi ... parts car - sold to Coldscrip 12/2011
1999 Eclipse 4G63 ... heavily modified.
Feeback Thread | Motor rebuild thread | Restoration thread

Posted Image

#6 Rozi30214

Rozi30214

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 26 February 2019 - 09:51 AM

My dad is 71 years old and he just retired last month. He would like to bring this car back to life and has been trying for the last five years and now he is tired. It seems that there is only 1 person in Georgia who could fix this car and he turned out to be a flake. It’s actually his fault the car was hit by the tree because my dad couldn’t crank the car to move it out of the way. Anyway it’s taking up space in the drive way and it makes my dad sad to see this car every day in the shape it is. He just wants it to go to a good home to someone who can either bring it back to life or can take it apart and sell it for parts. Hopefully someone will see this thread and will have the time, dedication and money to fix this car or sell it for parts.

#7 Bradrock

Bradrock

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 956 posts
  • Interests:Guns, metal working, guns, wrenching, guns,wood working, Gold mining, guns & cool cars.

Posted 27 February 2019 - 06:34 PM

Dang that's sad. No insurance?  The poor car looks like the crusher ran out of gas halfway done. Too far for me.
Run's with scizzor's

#8 Spooled_Starion

Spooled_Starion

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 483 posts

Posted 27 February 2019 - 08:10 PM

That car is beyond rebuilding and imho not worth anywhere near 1200 in it's current state. Best bet is to part it out for what useable parts it has left. Just being honest. Best of luck.
Hks Downpipe, hks exhaust, hks intake, hks camshaft, hks pfc-fcon, hks fcd, hks turbo timer, trilogy injectors, mk1 short shifter, GReddy traditional shift knob, 89 ecu, Hks Boost gauge, innovative wideband A/F gauge.

#9 Majrdestroy

Majrdestroy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 20 May 2019 - 12:30 PM

I noticed the advertisement is gone. Is this car still available? If so do you have pics?

#10 jonboyb

jonboyb

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,568 posts
  • Interests:Not saving money
  • Model:Other

Posted 04 June 2019 - 11:37 AM

This guy (or the father one) got my info right after the tree crushed the car.  Super nice people and I offered to give them a titled flatty shell.  Can't remember if they said no or I never heard back....but I guess the car still sitting there.
87 Valencia Quest - MPI MSII
84 Mezzon Gold Dodge Conquest - Timecapsule
89 Dodge Raider - Turbo TBI MSII
11 Ecoboost F-150....Cause TT is Better than a V8

Posted Image

#11 IntercooledFlatty

IntercooledFlatty

Get Sum

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,387 posts
  • Model:Conquest