03CL55AMG

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 648 posts
  • Interests:cars and more cars, and hot girls
  • Model:Conquest

Posted 09 December 2019 - 09:49 AM

I have been battling front wheel wobble for a while now, here is what I have done so far,

1. replaced upper and lower ball joints about 13k miles ago
2. did a full poly kit about 13k ago
3. Just very recently replaced inner and outer tie rod ends
4. just very recently replaced center link ( got lucky and found a new old stock)
5. The front strut inserts(rears were done aswell) about 13k ago
6. new tires..about 600 miles on them
7. of course alignment
8. even had one of the front rims trued up( when balanced, tech showed me a very minimal wobble..had to look close to see it)
9. R&R front bearings and races..recent

When I first put the new tires on it seamed the wobble was gone...but the more the car sits( I drive it about every other week or so ) the wobble is worse, I'm not sure what else to do...frustrating and it sucks.

Any ides would be appreciated.
Forged motor, weisco pistons ,3" exhaust, garret 60 cold/ 70 hot turbo, bosch 1000cc injectors. meth kit. chads intake and header. holly EFI stand alone. *DM intercooler. grimspeed boost controler. stock cam.

#2 speedyquest

speedyquest

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,338 posts
  • Interests:bmx, cars, computers
  • Model:Starion

Posted 09 December 2019 - 11:19 AM

How is the condition of your steering box?

And secondly maybe have both your  front wheels re-checked for being balanced. Wheel weights can come off and if it's enough weight can definitely cause what your experiencing.

Edited by speedyquest, 09 December 2019 - 11:21 AM.

Posted Image

#3 bha280

bha280

runs with scissors

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts
  • Interests:Stuff, junk, and things
  • Model:Starion

Posted 09 December 2019 - 02:05 PM

What about that idle arm in the passenger wheel well?
1988 Starion 5-speed- AMC head, Schnieder HD springs and 292 cam, Wiseco's, Pauter Rods, adjustable cam gear, ported Evo III 16G, 3" turbo back, lightened/balanced flywheel, polished/balanced crank, SS braided oil and coolant lines for turbo, full hard pipes w/ TurboXS BOV and MBC, Trilogy injectors, MSD blaster 2 coil, 8.5mm wires, stress relieved and ported exhaust manifold, ported intake manifold, LSP 52mm TB, ARP everything, EGR, A/C, and cruise removed, silicon vacuum lines, STB's front and rear, ABS delete, 3" GM MAF-T Gen II, D/S rotors, SS brake lines, Innovate wideband, adjustable FPR, Walbro 255lph fuel pump, AutoMeter boost gauge, GM alternator, SS clutch line, meshies, factory hatch spoiler, mud flaps, Mookeh rear struts and adjustable front inserts, Cosmo dual-spring Coilovers, Mookeh pillow ball camber plates F/R, rebuilt trans, short throw, MSD 6a, poly bushings.

Soon to be in a flatty!

#4 87redcat

87redcat

10 years and counting...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,109 posts
  • Interests:Aircraft Mechanic, having the wife tell you its about time you finished MY car...

Posted 10 December 2019 - 03:58 AM

Posted Image

#14 the strut bar, as mitsu calls it, has a left and a right. Make sure they are not mixed up
I got blisters on my fingers!!!

#5 03CL55AMG

03CL55AMG

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 648 posts

Posted 10 December 2019 - 09:10 AM

Well the steering box is a new re-man..which is not even a year old...I pulled the idle arm many months ago and it was perfect( no wear..no play ) so I put it back together after cleaning and some grease. I have had the wheels balanced a few times( I can do it again). I also replaced the steering coupler with one of the steel ones that a member sells on here ( very nice quality )..Is it possible that the brand new tires after sitting for two or three weeks at a time could get flat spots ( although I have never experienced that before )...baffling to say the least.

Whats up BHA 280.
Forged motor, weisco pistons ,3" exhaust, garret 60 cold/ 70 hot turbo, bosch 1000cc injectors. meth kit. chads intake and header. holly EFI stand alone. *DM intercooler. grimspeed boost controler. stock cam.

#6 croquest87

croquest87

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,812 posts
  • Interests:all things mechanical

Posted 10 December 2019 - 10:19 AM

Your tires shouldn't go out of round that quick .Even if they did? They would go back to round driving for a mile.My cars sit for months at the time and l do notice it for first couple of minutes down the road.

Edited by croquest87, 10 December 2019 - 10:23 AM.

#7 Ressurect1on

Ressurect1on

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 10 December 2019 - 05:46 PM

verify whether the balance is static or dynamic, this could also have an effect if they are balancing up and down, but not side to side.

#8 markhansenconquest

markhansenconquest

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,717 posts

Posted 10 December 2019 - 07:10 PM

if rim is bend it will always wobble ……..balance is up and down ..wobble is side to side...

#9 03CL55AMG

03CL55AMG

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 648 posts

Posted 11 December 2019 - 11:44 AM

Thank guys for the additional comments...I will first take both rims and have then checked again for any irregularities that could cause a wobble. Then when I am absolutely positive they are perfect, then I can have them balanced again, both static and dynamic

Edited by 03CL55AMG, 11 December 2019 - 11:45 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users