Advanced TBI Tech section

dmyers151

How about a sister section to the "MPI Trials & Tribulations" forum for guys running advanced TBI setups i.e.; GM MAS & translator, SAFC, standalone setups, etc...

It seems to me that some of this TBI stuff ends up falling into the MPI forum, or VM/AVM where it may not always be welcome or quite fit in.

I suppose it could fall under the "Engine & Performance Mods" forum, but I feel this new TBI Tech section would help with overall site organization.

The funny thing is, I totally agree with you but too many times it happens...

Make a forum for Advanced TBI and then every schmoe with an adjustable fuel pressure regulator will post up wanting to know how much power they will make.

There definately should be an advanced TBI section, but the site organization falls on the moderators/administrators

Well we have advanced stuff in the virtual section and and regular stuff in the advanced section. Than you got people that had there cars a month or two stinking up both sections with "advice". At the other extreme are people that have not learned or done much new in 5 maybe even 10 years, telling people this or that can't be done or will not work. When in fact it can and it will.

No one is minding the store, there for people post where ever they feel like it and there it stay. There was a guy on a dsm site that routinely deleted or locked 100 garbage posts / threads a night. :lol:

In my opinion the mega squirt tbi stuff belongs with mpi.

I like the idea Dmyers, I am probably in a minority as far as wanting to see just how far I can push my TBI setup safely, before I build an engine for MPI. I think your idea would benefit alot of folks on this site, myself included.

BC_99

edit, I also agree with what SQrescue is saying about newbs and some of the older guys. Perhaps making it so that newbs had to read through "x" amount of basic SQ knowledge and such before they can post? Thusly making them learn some stuff before flooding the site with all the same questions that are always asked. I know it has to be a pita for the admins to try and keep all the posts in the right places. As for the longer residing members, just because it hasnt worked for someone else doesnt mean that a new guy cant come up with a new way to try something and make it work. How else are we gonna keep our cars going? innovation.

Edited by BC_99

If I were a moderator, I'd delete/lock/move threads from the wrong section to where they should have been. I nominate myself for moderator.

Also, with the Engine and Performance Mods section, there are not supposed to be any questions in there, but like SQR said, it goes unchecked. An advanced tbi section kind of already exists in the Advanced VM.

I like the idea Dmyers, I am probably in a minority as far as wanting to see just how far I can push my TBI setup safely, before I build an engine for MPI. I think your idea would benefit alot of folks on this site, myself included.

BC_99

http://sqperformance.forumcity.com/viewforum.php?f=3

If people spent the money they blew on built motors, on stuff to tune and data log with they would be ahead of the game.

Data Logging is the way forward for tbi power when using piggy backs.

There is a guy on here trapping 109 with a stock head and throttle body. 7-1 pistons.

• 3 weeks later...

My intention is to squeeze out as much as I can from my TBI. I'd love to see a TBI performance section so I don't have to search through all the mechanic trial and error threads. It'd be nice to see some setups with writeups on what people have and how they got there.

Q4Q