c5 z06 vette can't hang.

Technology

convinced my friend with a z06 to race. I've run him before and was dead even. He had I/H/E before, now just an intake. It sounds nice, looks nice, drives a million times better than an old quest, but I just killed it from a 50 and 60 roll. 60 roll is the best because I can brake boost it and leave on like 15-20 lbs. Like a rocket. I got video of it. I'll upload it tomorrow. Edited by Technology
  • Like 1

Amazing. Solid work. Whatever year, doesn't matter. Going up against the best Detroit has to offer with a car that cost 1/5 of what a zo6 does. The vettes are fast, tho without much work they can make crazy power, still probably one of the few Quests out there that have a chance against a Z06, much less a kill. Oh, BTW, I have a header if you need one. :-)

The C5 Z06 I ran with down here had H/I/C/E and a nice tune. Put 450 to the tire. I always nosed out but I would only run through 4th and he was edging up by then. This was my 18psi street tune.

Later found out he was tucking a ZEX kit but doubt he used it.

Either way, killing a Z06 is a good feeling. Its time for you to level up though and chase some C6's.

The c5 may list 385 but a magic stick cam is worth 82 hp alone. Put headers and a tune and it's close to 500 at the crank. The ls1 makes big power with just a tune, cam and headers. Still a good kill. A c5 z06 would drop me like a bad habit.

The c5 may list 385 but a magic stick cam is worth 82 hp alone. Put headers and a tune and it's close to 500 at the crank. The ls1 makes big power with just a tune, cam and headers. Still a good kill. A c5 z06 would drop me like a bad habit.

Tech is over 500 at the crank and probably has much more torque than the z06.