Shelby GT500 pffffff

Funky Phil

Had a little meet/cruise today. Built Camaro, 3 GT's, Mach1, 3 Cobra's, 2010 GT500, my buddies built STi, and the old Q.

We headed for the Pizza joint and the Mach1 pulled up next to me.

He's Forged, I/C/E, and tuned

Anyways Ive ran my share of mustangs to know what to be worried about. So I didnt even bother shifting down to 3rd. He honked and pulled a fender. I got to 3500rpm and just ran off on him! :lol:

Next was a Convertable Cobra

Pulley, I/E, not sure if its tuned

He faired better. But not much...

So the GT500 saw it and decided to get him a kill.

Hes got exhaust and a programmer

He rolled up next to me. I wasnt playin, I down shifted. He honked. Q held dead even through 3rd and I just pulled away all of 4th.

We get to the pizza joint and they couldnt beleive how much top end charge it had. I said to the GT500 owner, "yeah but I but you were way more comfy" :lol: He replied "you just put the hurtin on a $50,000 car!" B)

So we are eating and my buddy shows up with the STI fresh of the dyno.

FMIC/Tune/Meth/20G @ 25psi/Meth

He decided to run the GT500. Just kills him. So I knew I was gonna take an L. But oh well. We did 2 pulls. The STI was makin everybit of 430awhp!! HAHAHAHA I got walked both times!! :blush:

But I say not bad for a truck motor, 17psi and pumpgas! B)

Imports owned this day........

Edited by phinko

haha thats awesome man. I'm hoping I can take my mom's roush stage 1 down and my little brother's 96 stang. It's camed and a few other little things. Just so I can tell my uncle who is a mustang finatic to shove a sock in it cause he is alway raggin on the quest. Saying I should have got a stang.

Awesome time! So you are on premium pump and only 17 psi? What power are you making with that, and weren't you running more boost before? Which cam?

Slowquest, Phil is right, you just have to put some love into the motor when you build it, break it in hard and it'll perform for a long time.

93oct for some odd reason my tune was off with more boost so I just dialed it back a bit. I couldn't have been making more than 360whp. The last time I dynoed my 18psi tune it made 372whp 382wtq.

Also, the scoobie and I will be rematching tomorrow

93oct for some odd reason my tune was off with more boost so I just dialed it back a bit. I couldn't have been making more than 360whp. The last time I dynoed my 18psi tune it made 372whp 382wtq.

Also, the scoobie and I will be rematching tomorrow

Give that scoobie the biz,i hate those cars any chance on a video?either way give update on rematch.

something else about the "L" did you know the ford lightning rods fit in our starions and only cost $350 for a set of 8 h-beams....food for thought. thats whats in my g54b.

But why would I want rods from such a slow vehicle??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYpE4E2TPlU

J/K Thats crazy!! Any modification required??? So any 281 Rods will work?

lol i duno man i know some fast lightnings...me being one of them...lol, but no it has to be the 5.4 331 rods. the aftermarket h-beam rods will support 800hp 8500rpm and only cost $350 for 8 of them. you will have to get the crank turned .007 under and use a .010 over ford rod bearing though. but i have j.e. pistons in my g54b and my piston was .180 in the hole now with the ford rod its only .060 for added compression. its the same wrist pin size aswell.

EEck, Dont know why I was thinking 281. Dont like having to turn already hard to comeby cranks. That awsome info. And yes I know the lightnings a fast, I was just messing around. Id have one if only they were ext cab.

Awsome ifo, you should FAQ that.

Not enough E85 access. I like to drive my car. Too much sacrifice for small gains.

Last weekend I drove an hour and a half to check out a new mustang dyno nearby. Awsome windy roads through the wind farms. Sat on the dyno and put down 320whp @ 16psi. A little under an hour later climbed to 405whp on a rough tune. (they were closing) Then went to Applebees and back home and the same tank of pump gas I left with.

I couldnt have done that on E85.

My next poison is underway.

Well ran the subie. Crappy story but here goes.

I dialed the boost up to 20psi. Really woke the car up. Finally found a clearing, lined up. Both started brake boosting (btw, 2 vented external wastegates is a nono when listening for a horn. He had Hella Horns at that)

So Im watching for fender lift so I kwno when to go, Next thing I know Im sideways on the hwy (255 Falkens let loose once boost came in). He launches, I let off to get straight, throw it in 3rd and punch it. By now hes got 3-4 cars.

3rd gear reel him, 4th gear reel him somemore. I was at his bumper as we were coming into traffic and that was all she wrote.

Took the "L" again. He couldnt beleive I was reelin his butt!! HAHAHAHA!

Were meeting up again and itll be on video this time.

Hey Larry, my car took me to get a dog poop scooper a haircut and then another 20min home afterward. And Yes its a G54B.

Edited by phinko

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
phinko u should really do a detailed build sheet on your car , it is inspiration for us g54b guys , i know u dont want to give up all your secrets away but a good engine break down /trans/suspension , my motor is nicly built and ive got an mpi intake in the making , its sweet when we can take a brick of a motor and put down some high end cars with it