Any other diffs that fit in our cars

NW TSI

Thanks for answering my question Robert, is the gearing the same and should that bolt right in? Convette I don't daily this car, it's my track car now so that's not a problem for me, axles will hold too. Rolland Gallagher is a Local Formula drift driver with over 400 whp and he runs a welded, you can't beat the predictability of a welded differential and having the safety of a constant lock.

Want a welded so I don't risk the lsd unlocking on the bank and plowing head first into a wall at 60

Get a locking diff. Get a Dana 44 IRS and put a Detroit Locker in it.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/dtl-187sl16c/overview/

Edited by ghinckley68

The Dana 44 has seen use in Chevrolet Corvettes and Dodge Vipers, Jaguars, Ferreis. This axle is referred to as a Dana 44 ICA or Dana 44 IRS. Some 1985–1996 Chevrolet Corvette C4 featured this axle. A rear transaxle was used starting with the Corvette C5. The 2005-06 Pontiac GTO, The Dodge Viper has always used a Dana 44 IRS setup. The majority of Corvette and Viper Dana 44 IRS set ups use a limited slip differential.

Do some research its in a lot of sports cars and real race cars that dont have DANA 60s in them. Want to go fast on a track and dont want to weld the diff then get a locking differential.

Turn up your nose all you want but the DANA 44 has been around for 80 years a reason. IT JUST WORKS. Its not as tough as a 60 but its one nice unit.

Edited by ghinckley68

Thanks for answering my question Robert, is the gearing the same and should that bolt right in? Convette I don't daily this car, it's my track car now so that's not a problem for me, axles will hold too. Rolland Gallagher is a Local Formula drift driver with over 400 whp and he runs a welded, you can't beat the predictability of a welded differential and having the safety of a constant lock.

Montero v6 1gen montero front diff is a open diff and our LSD drops into that, but Just saying you can get a air locker for a montero so maybe can use air locker for the starion? then can get locked when you want and not locked when you dont.

Guys you can get the DANA 44 in either straight with tubes our in and independent rear setup with out the tubes just a place to colt a set of shafts up too.

It was one the first Independent Rear Suspensions out there.

• 2 weeks later...