fd3s swap ????

project854

Lot's of fab work. You'd have to make a whole new engine/suspension cradle to fit it. Plus the 13b-rew is famously unreliable. I'd go with a good fc3s 13b-t with street port and gt40r turbo. Preferably an S5 controlled by a standalone. The way the 13b-t mounts up is a little more simple so not as much fab would have to be done. If you don't know much about rotary engines, don't swap it. Go buy an RX7, learn how to work on it, learn how to keep it running, then go for your swap. Rotarys are a whole different ballgame when it comes to working on them.

I'm not trying to dash your dreams, just talking from experience. Here is FC3S number three, the other two I have owned have met their fate. This one is still cherry for now.

http://www.26liter.us/gallery/albums/userpics/10172/thumb_P1010054.JPG

Kane

i appreciate all the info, and all of the ideas, i have been a fan of the quest since the first time i saw one at the state fair in 87, i unfortunately have taken way to long to get in " the game " I have been studying like crazy and brainstorming a million ideas, and appreciate everyones opinions and ideas, finally ready to buy my first quest and start making my 20 year long dream a reality. thanks for all the input