#1 EricSQ

EricSQ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 210 posts
  • Model:Starion

Posted 12 July 2017 - 08:52 AM

Hello all,
I've decided to test the waters and see what else is out there.
I'm in no rush to sell, so no need to offer up low ball offers.
Car is located in Tulsa, OK. and listed locally for more but I'd sell it here for $7,500 obo.
**UPDATE**  I just bought a 94 3000GT SL(ow as molasses), so the trade possibilities are diminished to a StarQuest or small truck.Trade MUST have cold AC.
Accepting low-ball offers...........
Call me direct at (918) 938-2382 if you like.
The tag is current and I do have a clean title in my name.
This initial posting will get updated later, I just want to get the ball rolling.
A lot of the info about the car is in the Craigslist ad linked here: https://tulsa.craigs...6215555832.html
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
I am taking offers and would like to keep the car in this StarQuestClub community if possible.
Car is a driver with 4.8l LS and 4L60E auto trans.
Car is not perfect, but you would pay this asking price for a shop to do an LS swap on your car so its a bargain.
Needs a paint job.  My pics always seem better than real life, or I'm just never satisfied.
Speedometer is not hooked up.  I use an app on my phone.
Chevy power steering pump drips a little and whines.
NO AC!!!
I would love to trade for a running StarQuest with working AC and a bit of cash.
Also interested in cool stuff like Mighty Max turbo trucks :lol: , Tacoma's, Subaru's....

More info to come but I'm at work right now she's behind me right now.
Thanks all,

Edited by EricSQ, 16 July 2017 - 11:05 AM.

Posted Image
1986 Mitsubishi Starion LS Swap

#2 EricSQ

EricSQ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 07:31 PM

*BUMP*
FYI, the white specs on the ground in my pics are True Green Lawn Care fertilizing my driveway free of charge.  So messy.

Come on everybody, give me any Q's and comments.  With 0 responses and 214 views makes me think I'm doing something wrong here.  
What's up?  Is it asking price?  Tell me what your offer is.  You will be pleasantly surprised.

Edited by EricSQ, 14 July 2017 - 09:49 PM.

Posted Image

#3 PSiTSi

PSiTSi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 328 posts
  • Interests:Endoscopy Repair Tech.

Hockey, DSM's, 3S's and Starquest's.
  • Model:Conquest

Posted 15 July 2017 - 08:03 AM

I think it's a good starting point price wise and ultimately depends on finding the right person. I'd sure as heck wish I had a LS swapped Starquest but I'm not big on it being a automatic. That's just me though. Hope you can find the right buyer!
90 Eagle Talon TSi AWD - 92 Dodge Stealth RT/TT - 89 Chrysler Conquest TSi SHP - 88 Chrysler Conquest TSi SHP - 88 Jeep Comanche - 2009 Pontiac G8

Posted Image

#4 PSiTSi

PSiTSi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 328 posts
  • Interests:Endoscopy Repair Tech.

Hockey, DSM's, 3S's and Starquest's.

Posted 15 July 2017 - 08:03 AM

What kind of power is it making?
90 Eagle Talon TSi AWD - 92 Dodge Stealth RT/TT - 89 Chrysler Conquest TSi SHP - 88 Chrysler Conquest TSi SHP - 88 Jeep Comanche - 2009 Pontiac G8

Posted Image

#5 Killaphil

Killaphil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 298 posts
  • Interests:fast cars

Posted 15 July 2017 - 09:44 AM

Do you have any pics of the build?  I would like to see the floor pans and crossmember after the modifications.
(88 SHP Figi) magna mpi, ms1 from scott with funk lab harness, hx35, 3inch, wiseco block with o-rings, port work, 4inch intercooler, methanol,  ST springs/sways, Mad Dax Rack swap, ACT extreme, fidanza, so its mostly stock
(99 ws6 Black) AFR205s, Yella Terra's, Fast 90/90, Kooks, Comp cam, Nano N2O, 4l80e 3400 stall w/ Jakes brake, 9inch w/ 4:10s-SOLD 8/12/2014:(

Posted Image

#6 Skippy

Skippy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 11:04 AM

I am not looking to buy but always browse what is for sale and there are probably many more like me so many of your views are probably just that and not people looking to buy.

I personally would say your asking price is high for a car that is so cosmeticly poor. You are missing interior pieces and say the paint is bad. Most people are not going to pay a premium price for such a poor looking car, especially the group here.

I am putting well over 10k into my car right now and I do not believe I could sell it for anything near that. Which is fine, because even if you came to me with 25k, I would turn you down. Main point is that regardless of how much you put in it or that it would cost to reproduce, it is only going to attract so much of a return and rarely will you get your money back.

I have been here long enough to learn to 2 things.
1. Many people here have no business owning one of these cars because they either can't really afford them and/or they don't respect them.
2. Most of those that don't fall under #1, rarely sell and when they do, they are nice cars and command a price like yours even though they invested probably double in the asking price over the years.

Edited by Skippy, 15 July 2017 - 11:23 AM.

#7 EricSQ

EricSQ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 11:25 AM

Thanks for the replies.  Yes, the car needs a paint job.  Its a "20 footer" but still draws a crowd at the local car shows.  The interior is missing the A-pillars, but I have those on order and being delivered by another member here.  The center console does need to be completed.  That will require some custom wood work that I'm just not keen to do.  The factory shift surround plastic piece just wouldn't fit.
Sorry no pics of the build.  I got the car after the main swap was completed and have only done beautification and fixes.  The interior was factory burgundy, so the 88/89 black interior was sourced but the front seats had to be redone.  The doors took me awhile to locate all the proper pieces.  I wish they didn't have tweeter holes cut it them, but they are still in better condition than any other set I had to use.  The car had a big hole cut in the hood so I got the LS1 intake and associated fuel lines, injectors and alternator relocater so I could replace the hood.  The steering is changed to a rack and pinion as well and no longer has the reciprocating ball.
I've never dyno'd the car or taken it to the track.  Just seat of the pants feels.  It's faster than my old P71 cop car and laughs at my 3000GT sl.  Those cars are rated at 250 hP and 220 hP respectively, but also weigh more.  The car pulls harder than a stock G54b in good running condition.  I've had a member or two from here ride in it with me and tell me as much.
Yes it's an auto and that hurts re-sale.  I enjoy an auto better in the stop and go traffic jams I see daily.  If I had open twisties and room to play I would prefer a manual as well.
With all that taken into account, I've dropped the asking price here to $7,500 obo.

Edited by EricSQ, 16 July 2017 - 11:30 AM.

Posted Image

#8 EricSQ

EricSQ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 08:28 AM

Had fun in the heat at the Tuesday night car club get together.  It's cool being the only one of your kind around. :ph34r:
I haven't washed the car in a few weeks.  Still has bug juice on front and windshield from July 3 trip to Claremore for fireworks.
Posted Image

I'm definitely still a fan of the Grand National
Posted Image
Posted Image

#9 Killaphil

Killaphil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 298 posts
  • Interests:fast cars

Posted Today, 01:40 AM

Is there any way you could get pics of the car underneath while on a lift?  I'm interested but would like to see before making a trip. I have trades you may be interested in or we can trade for dollars but I would like to see some detailed pics of the work. I actually don't even want the motor if you have any projects you could use it for but don't car either way.

Edited by Killaphil, Today, 01:42 AM.

(88 SHP Figi) magna mpi, ms1 from scott with funk lab harness, hx35, 3inch, wiseco block with o-rings, port work, 4inch intercooler, methanol,  ST springs/sways, Mad Dax Rack swap, ACT extreme, fidanza, so its mostly stock
(99 ws6 Black) AFR205s, Yella Terra's, Fast 90/90, Kooks, Comp cam, Nano N2O, 4l80e 3400 stall w/ Jakes brake, 9inch w/ 4:10s-SOLD 8/12/2014:(

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: starion, ls swap, trade, esi-r

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users