• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 88turboquest

88turboquest

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 04:59 PM

Got it to run today not very well it won't rev its popping out the in take and the boost guage was going haywire still won't run with the turbo hooked up

#22 Turbo Cary

Turbo Cary

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts
  • Model:Conquest

Posted 21 April 2017 - 05:17 PM

Are you positive you have the camshaft and distributor timed properly?

#23 88turboquest

88turboquest

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 05:25 PM

Put it to cylinder on the distributor the cam I'm pretty sure I set the mark parallel with the top of the head or at 3 o clock but I'll recheck it I got it to run better the TPS signal voltage keeps changing at idle I unplugged the isc and still keeps changing it will rev now but it's not happy about it blows fire balls out the downpipe it also won't run unless the distributor is set all the way counter clockwise

#24 Turbo Cary

Turbo Cary

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 08:51 PM

88turboquest, on 21 April 2017 - 05:25 PM, said:

Put it to cylinder on the distributor the cam I'm pretty sure I set the mark parallel with the top of the head or at 3 o clock but I'll recheck it I got it to run better the TPS signal voltage keeps changing at idle I unplugged the isc and still keeps changing it will rev now but it's not happy about it blows fire balls out the downpipe it also won't run unless the distributor is set all the way counter clockwise

It sounds like your timing is off from what you're describing. If you have to clock the distributor fully one way or another then the timing is off. You should be able to have it run smoothly with a distributor slightly off center meaning there is room for adjustment. All you're doing by fully clocking it one way is getting it close to an operating timing range but not close enough.

#25 88turboquest

88turboquest

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted Yesterday, 12:30 PM

The pin was off to teeth to the right it's runs better but won't idle

#26 88turboquest

88turboquest

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted Yesterday, 01:37 PM

Holds idle at 1500 or higher when the engine tried to go lower it dies

#27 Chad

Chad

noob

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,002 posts
  • Interests:Starquest Fanatic

Posted Yesterday, 04:33 PM

Make sure the throttle cable is slack when idling, the ISC servo can't work properly if the cable is tight at idle.  It may also be that the servo or motor position switch aren't working properly.

#28 88turboquest

88turboquest

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted Today, 08:12 PM

I got the engine to idle but it must be at operating temp I'm thinking the primary injector can't keep up? I know once the engine is warmed up the computer fires the primary and secondary simultaneously at idle

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users