1988 conquest parts car/project $1000

StarQuestLove

updating my car for sale.. selling whole car just just get rid of it.. selling car as is for $1500 or i will be taking the injectors/ovp/bov/strut tower bar/turbo timer for $1000 ... car has 115k-118k miles motor and trans are fine.. interior is a 7/10.. just want it gone.. please if interested let me know asap 240-483-5475 Lee pictures are located... http://s1227.photobu...Lee_Shulzitski/ Edited by StarQuestLove

just to clear anything up i forgot to mention i would also be taking the manual boost controller and hks turbo timer off aswell for $1000... so for $1000 i will take OVP/BOV, strut tower brace, trilogy injectors, turbo timer and manual boost controller.. i will leave all that in car for $1500

A timing light is simple to use and not expensive. Its not difficult to suck on a hose and see if the vacuum advance is working either. You said it didn't have any convertors so the only way a manifold can glow red hot at idle is if the ignition timing is WAY OFF. There's no way in hell that car will boost and drive with the base timing so screwed up. Edited by Indiana

A timing light is simple to use and not expensive. Its not difficult to suck on a hose and see if the vacuum advance is working either. You said it didn't have any convertors so the only way a manifold can glow red hot at idle is if the ignition timing is WAY OFF. There's no way in hell that car will boost and drive with the base timing so screwed up.

Let someone else profit from this Indy... as long as he isn't parting out / junking it and it goes to a good home everybody wins! :)

Keith

Any guy with an older car especially a restored one in his driveway is going to have a timing light in his garage. Every shop is going to have one. Auto parts stores may even loan if you don't want to buy it just like they do those code checkers. All you do is clip its lead around the #1 spark plug wire, you attach the two clips to your battery termnals to give it power and you aim it at the crank pulley and pull the trigger. Loosen that nut on the distributor and rotate the distributor until, while the engine is idling, the mark on the pulley lines up with the mark on the timing cover at 10 BTDC. It won't take 60 seconds. WHY did this "mechanic" not do this? He knows how simple it is. It even tells that on a sticker under the hood. Why didn't you ask him to do that? You think anyone is going to buy it when it runs like crap and you're going to get money for it when you might fix it so quickly and so easily you'd get MORE MONEY for it afterward. Even if he wants 100.00 to do it you're way ahead. He should do it for FREE. We won't even begin to go into what else you should check like does it have the right spark plugs in it. You're the one losing money we're just trying to help.

http://www.b2600turbo.com/images/IM005962.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
just to clear anything up i forgot to mention i would also be taking the manual boost controller and hks turbo timer off aswell for $1000... so for $1000 i will take OVP/BOV, strut tower brace, trilogy injectors, turbo timer and manual boost controller.. i will leave all that in car for $1500

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...