almost got to walk a new civic si

dstar88

ssooo, i was on my lunch from work and was on my way to the bank., pretty happy i made a decent amount of doh this pay period and wanted to throw it in the bank befor the bill come up again. well anyways... i was driven down monterey hwy.(for those that live around here) listening to a chevelle cd, and i look in the mirror and see a red car weeving in and outa traffic, cutting people off left and right...n i was like.. "what the hell is he doing??" ...so i just scoot over and let em go infront of me and notice its one of the new civic si's..then i thought .."hmmm...i wonder how fast those suckers are??"...

so some how he gets trapped between some cars and i end up being in front of him, a few seconds later i look back in my mirror and see him right behind me on my ars..so i say oookay...and drop it down to 4th..speed up a bit to let him pass me on my left..(there was a car right next to me on my left)..i dono if he thought i was trying to race em or what., but he pulles up next to me on my left and i look at him, he looks at me and as im shifting back into 5th he drops his down to 3rd...n all i hear is a loud "waaaaahhhlooooowwaaaaaahhhh!!!!" and he hits his "vtech" and cuts it reall close between me and another car infront of him...then i say wat the fizzzle...and pull out my cowboy hat and rop and yeall "yeeeeehaaaaawww!!! ima catch me a sibic es eye!!" :character0028: so i just go back into 4th again and let my little 12a of a horse rip to 15 lbs. and sure enouph., now im on his ars... i swing around to his left in the next lane and let the front of the car get right next to his rolled down window and then i give him a loud "WAAHHPIIIISSSSSHHH!!!" right in his ear as i shifted to 5th

lol man i swear, that dude practicly jump into the his passanger seat when he heard that...then i started pullen on him some more but i didnt get to put him away cuz the light ahead turned red so i had to jam on my breaks.

at the light when we both come to a stop i look at em and point again with a grin on my face., but now that he knew that i had a turbo he didnt want no more of what i wanted to show him..so i had to take the cowboy hat off and pull the rop off his car and let er go.

and when the light turned green i gave em a final salute good bye with a nice loud "waaahhhpiiishhh!!" again. and back on to the bank i went.

Daniel

Your story actually kept me very entertained.

Bravo.

But how fast are the new civics? are they ANYTHING at all stock?

that is the reason why i put it., for entertainment porposes haha

but i dont think its any different then the rsx type s... pretty much the same engine but i dont know about the weight difference between the two. it looked like it jumped pretty good when the guy popped it down into third. but in the long run i woulda cought em and passed em.

i was more referring to the cowboy parts :D

yeah i was just curious...are there any stock civics that will really outrun our cars stock?

If your car isnt running up to par, then it wouldnt be that surprising. When i first got my car, it had a few problems i didnt know about and was performing way under stock, but i didnt have anything to compare it to so i didnt know for sure. Even so, stock civics run the 1/4 mile right at, or mabye even a little under, our cars.

i was more referring to the cowboy parts :D

yeah i was just curious...are there any stock civics that will really outrun our cars stock?

haha you like that eyy?! lol, i like to be a little goofy at times when im having a good day. :hmm3grin2orange:

Daniel

Good story; very animated. You could of said, "I razed a sivic and I wuuuuuuuunn", but then it would of been pretty lame. I get it; the Civic was trying to get away, but you had em bucken 'n' kicken 'n' all tied up. He was stuck like a wart on a boars a$$.

that is the reason why i put it., for entertainment porposes haha

but i dont think its any different then the rsx type s... pretty much the same engine but i dont know about the weight difference between the two. it looked like it jumped pretty good when the guy popped it down into third. but in the long run i woulda cought em and passed em.

2001 2.5l v6 dohc duratech cougar , paced 1st.2nd. killed third( 45mph) didnt even bother with 4rth I hope so. lol tsi is faster than my cougar.

the newest civics are actually pretty quick. no match for a moderately modified SQ with a decent driver, but an entertaining daily driver. too bad their god awful hideous though. i'd much rather have a 99-00 Civic Si over those new ones. man, those things are ugly as bowling shoes.

the newest civics are actually pretty quick. no match for a moderately modified SQ with a decent driver, but an entertaining daily driver. too bad their god awful hideous though. i'd much rather have a 99-00 Civic Si over those new ones. man, those things are ugly as bowling shoes.

I always thought bowling shoes were pretty pimping.

Doesn't say much for my taste in cars that <_<

I've played around a few times here and there. It uh, well...left me in the dust a couple of times. I'm all stock. I've driven it a few times too, and they scoot, real nice. It'll chirp second and third, they feel alot different than any Civic I've been in.

if your not pretty heavily modded that civic would eat ya for lunch.... dont think a 12a could compete with that k20 200hp civic.

but rwd does own stoplight action.

Stock 12a, TBI, no N20 has gone 13.7@101(215rwhp/279rwtq)..

Hell, even a small 16g has gone 12.9's(260rwhp/360rqtw) still on TBI.

"Heavily modded?" Like MPI and a T4 turbo? LOL You could probably trap the same speed in the 1/8 as they would in the 1/4..

Those civic's are high 14/low 15 second cars with good drivers on a prepped track. Add in an average driver on regular pavement and the times can get worse quick.

On the other hand, i've seen quick cars run crap times on a lot of occasions.. Like Evo's, GTO's, C5 Vette's in the mid 14's.. Anything can happen.

Just be safe, and don't catch a charge by proving something to a car that's slower.

Stock 12a, TBI, no N20 has gone 13.7@101(215rwhp/279rwtq)..

Hell, even a small 16g has gone 12.9's(260rwhp/360rqtw) still on TBI.

"Heavily modded?" Like MPI and a T4 turbo? LOL You could probably trap the same speed in the 1/8 as they would in the 1/4..

Those civic's are high 14/low 15 second cars with good drivers on a prepped track. Add in an average driver on regular pavement and the times can get worse quick.

On the other hand, i've seen quick cars run crap times on a lot of occasions.. Like Evo's, GTO's, C5 Vette's in the mid 14's.. Anything can happen.

Just be safe, and don't catch a charge by proving something to a car that's slower.

Well, I can tell you my car at least is slower than the '06 up Si's, midly modded with just exhaust and cold air intake. I'll test that theory again next week or so when my starbucket is back up and running....the Si's sits in my driveway, next to the Quest so I can test that theory any time. lol

New Civic Si fast stock I have seen is 14.5 R&T said 15.1 to 15.5

with Intake, Catback, and Hondata reflash 13.5 ish

With ^ and header 13's is what I have been seeing.

It also has a lot to do with the driver in a stock SI with out a reflash Vtech hits at around 6200. With the reflash it hits at "I want to say" 4K ish.

I will say my SI feels faster than my Quest. But I have not upped the boost on the S 16G yet since I am still breaking it in.

It also has a lot to do with the driver in a stock SI with out a reflash Vtech hits at around 6200. With the reflash it hits at "I want to say" 4K ish.

I will say my SI feels faster than my Quest. But I have not upped the boost on the S 16G yet since I am still breaking it in.

I don't know about them being that fast... definately faster than a stocker 12A pre-cat- cat starion....

13's???? just from those bolt ons :unsure:...i dont think so

the new si's are slow.. you've gotta be joking me if you think those things are fast.. i have two friends with the new 6sp si's, k20z3 motor.. slow as balls. Seems like your going fast because you run through gears quick, but really you look at the speedo and you'd be doing like 55mph.. my car with a pretty much stock setup and 16g at 12psi will take a stock si from a dig.. idk about a 4th gear roll though.. my motors got alot more now though, 18psi in any gear and it doesnt matter..

13's???? just from those bolt ons :unsure:...i dont think so

13.89 with these mods

AEM CAI

DCRH

DC Catback

Hondata Reflash "Not a ture bolt on so I will eat my words here."

Tein Stechs

RSX Wheels w/Hoosier Drag Radials

I launch always off the 5500 rev limiter.

a little over $1000 in mods

http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/autocross-s...7mph-video.html

also has video post for thoughs that don't want to go to the site.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxfMThpRM2s

I will have the same mods soon and will post my times.

Edited by natedog_37

• 3 weeks later...
LOL ill think about it., maybe like a 5th grade story book with pictures., those were always fun when i was wee one haha