shes quick in the heat.

Funky Phil

Thanks, it actually bogged right outta that launch. The mph is good for 7.40's so well see.

About the 1/8mi, there are just more of them local. 1/4mi tracks are open less and farther away. I intend to get to a 1/4mi track ASAP though. Click off an 11 on my street setup.

1/8mi is really where its at, just too many of you kiddies watch F&F and fail to realize it. Going quick is all about the 60ft and 1/8. The 1/4 is one more shift. An easy 3-4 pull.

If your slow in the 1/8, youll be slow in the 1/4.

Edited by phinko

Why does everybody only run 1/8 mile? Kinda like playing just the tip... Nice run though, thing launches like a bish.

Whatever is closer is what people run. I'm fortunate to have 1/8 40 miles one way and 1/4 40 miles the other way...

There are 3 1/8 mile tracks close to me less then 40 minutes. 2 hours for the 1/4 mile. That's why I put 4.22 gears in. Here if you run faster then a 9.9 you get one pass until you met all the rules. The gear you have to wear, the drag license and they inspect the car. I'm not all for that. I will get my car in a low 6's and that puts it in the 9's in the 1/4. To much of a hassle. I know one day I will have to. But not right now. Edited by 4cylFury

Why does everybody only run 1/8 mile? Kinda like playing just the tip... Nice run though, thing launches like a bish.

I agree. I also agree that if you are quick in the 1/8, you're quick in the 1/4, but since I've never done 1/8 mile only, I only know about 1/4 mile et and mph. I find personally, that mph in the 1/4 is a greater tell tale sign of a cars power than et.

I can race an 11 second car and beat it on the street, but not in the 1/4 because I have little traction. Speaking of which, Phil, what tires did you use?

Mickey Thompson ET Street. I suggest you stick to walmart brand til you do a trans swap.

Your not going to find a good sticky tire for the 16's with a low profile so give up that dream and get 17's. Besides, when your trying to get traction, sidewall height is your buddy.

Edited by phinko

I was asked on more than one occassion if it was diesel powered hahhahahaha

It does sound "diesel like", than again it could be said it sounds like a tractor as well or a forklift! :lol:

Nice run. All that power makes that sucker drop on launch and on shifts! :wub:

my brother got asked if his old volvo was diesel had a gnarly cam and 3 inch turbo back exhaust. but to stay away from thread jacking your cars a beast. and for bogging like you said thats still one hell of a launch for having a manual. Edited by joey_crandall

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

If your slow in the 1/8, youll be slow in the 1/4.

Last time I was at the drag strip there was a 1000 whp + bmw e36 that had a HUGE turbocharger. Driver sucked at launches. Seriously like a 2.0 60 foot almost it seemed. Ran 9.60's I believe...

Yeah they could go a lot quicker with a better 60 foot, but I'd call that being slow in the 1/8th and fast in the 1/4, lol.

Last time I was at the drag strip there was a 1000 whp + bmw e36 that had a HUGE turbocharger. Driver sucked at launches. Seriously like a 2.0 60 foot almost it seemed. Ran 9.60's I believe...

Yeah they could go a lot quicker with a better 60 foot, but I'd call that being slow in the 1/8th and fast in the 1/4, lol.

In terms of 1000whp + cars, a 9.60 is laughable. 600whp car do that.