1989 Conquest Tsi SHP for sale $2,700

TheArmySarge

I have a 1989 Conquest TSi SHP for sale, the car is located in Cape Girardeau, MO, which is 2 hours south of St. Louis, MO. I'm moving from a house into an apartment and won't have anywhere to keep it. It is black with black leather interior, automatic, and sunroof with 178K on the odometer, as far as I know nothing has been done to the engine. I bought it back in August with the intention of restoring/having it restored to original condition, but it won't happen, due to the Army having other plans for me. This car is in great shape and is fun to drive. It leaks a little oil near the oil cooler, I'm thinking just needs a seal. It has a dent at the front of the drivers door and fender due to an unknown loose shift linkage on my first day of ownership that caused the car to roll back and door to hit one of those concrete poles at a gas pump. The linkage has been adjusted and is fixed. I purchased a door and fender to replace these when I planned on having it repainted. The original door and fender doesn't look that bad as is. The car is an SHP and comes with the original window sticker along with the first 15 years of maintenance records, after that someone else had it and it wasn't cared for quite as well and it comes with both original keys. Everything else works that I know of except the rear defroster, due to scraping off the window tint that was put on a day after original purchase in 1989. The current tires look pretty new, but aren't the same size as what is stated on the window sticker. You can view the pics on photobucket with the link below. You can email me at TheArmySarge@yahoo.com that is also my yahoo messenger name. I'm not interested in trades, thanks for looking.

http://s108.photobuc...ySarge/?start=0

Edited by TheArmySarge

Thanks, yeah it's an auto, which is a turn off for some, but I'm hoping someone will look past that :). Not a big Conquest following in the midwest, so it's cool to have the younger guys asking me all kinds of questions when they see me out in it.

I'd like some honest opinions about what this car should sell for. I figured for a car that was in pretty decent shape, and all original would be worth $ 2,700. I'm considering dropping the price a little more. Thanks for looking.

I'd like some honest opinions about what this car should sell for. I figured for a car that was in pretty decent shape, and all original would be worth $ 2,700. I'm considering dropping the price a little more. Thanks for looking.

Swap the door and fender yourself and get a maaco paint job instead of dropping the price. Might be able to ask more even. The key is do not get in a rush to sell or you'll have to sell for less. It's a niche car. You have to find the right person, at the right time, and in the right place.

Great points everybody, thank you for the comments. I happened to notice about the hatchback, and as far as I know it hasn't been in an accident. I'll talk to my mechanic buddy and see what is the deal with that and see if it can be aligned correctly. As far as the door and fender goes, I'm sort of at that point to go ahead and drop the price if I need to. The movers have already packed and moved up my household goods and I need to do something with the car and the spare fender and door. Great point about broadening my efforts, I'll list on craigslist in other areas in my region.