speedyquest

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,195 posts
  • Interests:bmx, cars, computers
  • Model:Starion

Posted 24 May 2019 - 08:34 AM

I haven't updated this in awhile yet all kinds of things have happened. Life gets busy, what can I say? lol

About a month ago as the weather started warming up and I started the process of upgrading the flywheel and clutch.

Posted Image

So the motor came out and the rear main seal was replaced before installing the fidanza flywheel and ACT 6 puck clutch. I also installed beehive valve springs.

Posted Image
Posted Image

I also baffled the oil pan but sadly didn't really take any pictures of that...

Posted Image

Another thing I did was make a thermal barrier gasket for the intake manifold. I can tell you that after datalogging it made a very noticeable different. Totally worth it!

Posted Image

After putting the car back together and filling it full of fluids I brought the car up to temp only to quickly realize that I had coolant leaking from the rear coolant port. Soooo I had to take the manifold back off to properly seal that up.

Posted Image

But after that the car was happy and sealed up. Now I'm driving it around and enjoying it. The flywheel upgrade is great, the 6 puck clutch isn't horrible to drive on the street, and the car feels awesome!

Posted Image

And for the second time in the cars life I washed it. It definitely needed it hahaha!

1987 Flatty Starion -- Widebody Conversion -- V-Mount Setup --  JDL Tubular Manifold  --  MX-6 Intake -- MS3-Pro -- AEM FPR  --  ARP head studs -- 3" hood exit exhaust -- Hahn Racecraft 16g --  Tial F38 Wastegate -- Tial Q Bov -- Short route piping -- 5 lug & LSD conversion -- Tubular Front End -- Manual Steering Rack Conversion -- Manual Brake Conversion -- Stack Digital Dash -- AEM UEGO -- D2 coilovers -- full GNT poly bushings & mounts -- four 8" rears -- car lightened significantly...  More to come!

Posted Image

Build Thread --->  http://www.starquest...opic=143564&hl=

#1082 mbruneaux

mbruneaux

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts
  • Interests:Family, Strength Sports, Starquests, and Brewing Belgian Ale.
  • Model:Conquest

Posted 26 May 2019 - 07:09 AM

I'm starting to think you just like taking this thing apart.....  Great work and put some miles on it!
Canterbury, CT
1989 Chrysler Conquest TSi (Project Race Car) Build thread http://www.starquest...opic=147910&hl=
2001 BMW 740iL - My Daily
2003 Chevrolet Suburban 2500 8.1  To tow the two hay burners
2010 Charger R/T  daily driver

Second place is S*** place , eh.  - Stéphane Peterhansel

#1083 speedyquest

speedyquest

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,195 posts

Posted 26 May 2019 - 09:22 AM

View Postmbruneaux, on 26 May 2019 - 07:09 AM, said:

I'm starting to think you just like taking this thing apart.....  Great work and put some miles on it!

Haha trust me, your not the first person to say roughly that same thing. I know what it looks like but I really am ready to just drive the thing and enjoy it. That is EXACTLY whats happening now.... well after I install my fuel cell :P

1987 Flatty Starion -- Widebody Conversion -- V-Mount Setup --  JDL Tubular Manifold  --  MX-6 Intake -- MS3-Pro -- AEM FPR  --  ARP head studs -- 3" hood exit exhaust -- Hahn Racecraft 16g --  Tial F38 Wastegate -- Tial Q Bov -- Short route piping -- 5 lug & LSD conversion -- Tubular Front End -- Manual Steering Rack Conversion -- Manual Brake Conversion -- Stack Digital Dash -- AEM UEGO -- D2 coilovers -- full GNT poly bushings & mounts -- four 8" rears -- car lightened significantly...  More to come!

Posted Image

#1084 theboyo19

theboyo19

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 20 June 2019 - 05:58 PM

Here, I found you a photo

Posted Image

#1085 mbruneaux

mbruneaux

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts
  • Interests:Family, Strength Sports, Starquests, and Brewing Belgian Ale.

Posted 22 June 2019 - 03:49 PM

What a great picture.
Canterbury, CT
1989 Chrysler Conquest TSi (Project Race Car) Build thread http://www.starquest...opic=147910&hl=
2001 BMW 740iL - My Daily
2003 Chevrolet Suburban 2500 8.1  To tow the two hay burners
2010 Charger R/T  daily driver

Second place is S*** place , eh.  - Stéphane Peterhansel

#1086 speedyquest

speedyquest

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,195 posts

Posted 22 June 2019 - 07:44 PM

View Postmbruneaux, on 22 June 2019 - 03:49 PM, said:

What a great picture.

Yea man, I totally agree. I've got a picture from the drift event I should post as well.

Posted Image

#1087 prototype78

prototype78

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,028 posts

Posted 15 September 2019 - 12:59 PM

Love this look

#1088 Turbo Cary

Turbo Cary

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,759 posts

Posted 15 September 2019 - 04:02 PM

The thermal barrier gasket, did you use two OE gaskets between it or does it just get mounted by itself? Any coolant leak issues? Considered one for my Miata but couldn't find any solid answers

#1089 speedyquest

speedyquest

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,195 posts

Posted 16 September 2019 - 06:40 AM

View PostTurbo Cary, on 15 September 2019 - 04:02 PM, said:

The thermal barrier gasket, did you use two OE gaskets between it or does it just get mounted by itself? Any coolant leak issues? Considered one for my Miata but couldn't find any solid answers

I did try using only the thermal gasket the first time and had it leak around the rear coolant port. I believe that only happened because I didn't use gasket maker around the mating surface. I ended up just using the intake gasket on the head side for safety. So in short the thermal gasket only will leak without gasket maker etc. But otherwise should be good.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users