89 Conquest 5.0 Turbo Build

BOHO

This is for tim si. He i having some computer issues so I'm reposting it for him. Enjoy. I've personally been in this car and it is top notch. I would buy it if I could afford it.

I'm putting my quest out there for sale.its an 89 shp.The list of things done to this car is a mile long.I spared no expence building it.Its a stock shortblock with trickflow heads e-cam from ford racing bbk intake with 70mm throttle body.60 mm turbonetics turbo .96 a/r.also a spare.58 hot side.apexi avcr elec.boost controller. FAST XFI fuel inj.running 42LB injectors. Snow water/meth injection. All Auto Meter gages in a custom carbon fiber gage cluster.New upgraded T-5 from ford racing with King Cobra clutch.custom alum.radiator with stainless steel lines.also stainless power steering lines.and stainless 8 AN fuel lines.Repainted about three yrs ago black base coat clear coat.Paint looks good but has a couple bugs here and there and there's a couple dings and chips.its not perfect but barely noticeable.83 hood.It has the Bose wheels that many have coveted on here for years.17x9 in front and 18x10 in the rear.285-38-18 Nitto tires in back.Drilled and slotted rotors with very low mileage kyb struts.adj.coilovers and front and rear mookee camber plates.all new poly bushings.the interior is fairly nice with front and rear Tiburon cloth seats.It has Infinity speakers all around with cerwin vega sub in a custom box.just needs the alpine amp installed which comes with it.Wndows tinted when paint was done and is good with no flaws.turbo door handles.an extra 6 bolt chunk with 3.90 gears installed extra axles and a brand new hood insulator in the box.Everything works on the car except cruise and power antenna needs a mast.Many on here know this car and the quality of this build.I'm sure I'm forgetting a lot like the new windshield installed. The car had 118, 000 on it when I started and I've put around 5, 000 on everything listed.I just don't drive it more than 500 miles a yr.its been garage kept the whole time.I couldn't figure out how to post a link to my photobucket acct using my phone but there's a link in my engine swappers thread in post #78 .ill try to post it when I get on a computer soon.every pic I have is in there of the whole build and a couple videos.price is 10,500.I've invested 20, 000 in this build but That's the way it goes. Ill add more info as it comes to me.I'm not desperate to sell so no low ballers.thanks.

http://s159.photobuc...library/?page=1

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t126/timtsi/ZAAQfidInboxpid4appidyint-ygo-j2meinline1credv9dmLSlwy1lcSJRPfaagjfCk.jpg

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t126/timtsi/P1010286.jpg

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t126/timtsi/mini-IMG950023.jpg

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t126/timtsi/ZAAQfidInboxpid2appidyint-ygo-j2meinline1credyo6L7gBay1mGE92Ol5kS2Nlg7oQ1Zh_2EeZYQvO8.jpg

Edited by BOHO

Wow...this car inspired me to v8 swap my car.

I saw it in person and took some video's of it at pigeon forge, Tennessee.

I think it was back in 2008 or so?

Love those rims too!

$10,500...that's a great price.

GL... sorry i dont have the cash :(

i wouldn't sell mine for that amount :huh:

....because no one is willing to pay anything for an ugly flatty. :ph34r:

JK Harry, You know I love your V-8 turd mobile.

But the car for sale...... :wub:. Sexiness on wheels! I wish I could, but explaining it to the Mrs. is a battle I am not ready for.

BC_99

Great questions.I haven't put an intercooler on it.m running water/meth right now.It would benefit from one though.Ive looked it over and I think the best way to do it is turn the upper intake around so the inlet is on the drivers side.this intake will bolt up either way.that would also get the inlet away from the turbo.Its not really a problem right now but that would be better.I tuned it with the help from some tuning buddies.basically just copied Fords timing table and pulled a couple degrees on the top.Fuel has been adjusted to acceptable afr's.Its been awhile but I believe around 11.5 under boost and 13s to 15s part throttle and cruise.It could use a little more work when cold around 30s to 40s just needs richened up at idle.no problem to do.The boost controller is set at 6 and 10.just push a couple buttons.Also I forgot it has an innovative motorsports wideband installed In a.two gage pod with auto meter boost gage.I looked at the carfax a few yrs back.there were no accidents or issues. Edited by tim si

i can vouch for this car and the seller. great guy! dealt with him many years ago when he was still building this car and he gave me a gas tank to keep mine on the road! helluva guy!

+1 on Tim and his car. I have seen the car as well. It's an amazing build. Tim bought my silver v8 Conquest and gave me the first opportunity to buy it back when he decided to sell. I would buy this car in a heartbeat if I had the funds. The wheels which alone cost over $2000 were originally on the car I owned.

Yes I replaced the support.when I bought the car someone had done an engine swap and cut the top support out where the hood latch bolts in.I've seen this done before and don't like it myself.I had another quest that had been rear ended so I drilled the spot welds and swapped them out.I thought I had a pic of it before but I don't.if you look at some of the pics you can see the outside of the inner fenders are grey but that's just the undercoating.Nothing has been replaced there.I sprayed the engine bay flat black.there is No rust under the car to speak of.might be some rusty bolts somewhere or on the muffler but no cancer or anything. Most everything is coated. Edited by tim si

• 2 weeks later...
I edited my previous post. There is no rust under this car. It was mistyped. No rust on frame rails or body.every suspension bushing has been replaced with poly bushings.torque tube bushings were replaced with new factory bushings.New center link from Dad.adding a couple pics.post-7227-0-56968500-1424493002_thumb.jpgpost-7227-0-50131000-1424493040_thumb.jpg Edited by tim si

Wow, finally for sale. I wanted this car so bad a couple of years ago and had the money for it...... Too bad I am in another place in my life right now or this would be in my garage. I've ridden in this car a couple of times, beautiful build and heck of a guy. Good luck Tim... You're the man! Chad-

Wow, finally for sale. I wanted this car so bad a couple of years ago and had the money for it...... Too bad I am in another place in my life right now or this would be in my garage. I've ridden in this car a couple of times, beautiful build and heck of a guy. Good luck Tim... You're the man! Chad-

Thanks Chad.I appreciate it.It shows that the people who have seen this car recognize what's been put into it.

are the back seat belts functional with those seats? do you have the original conquest seats and how hard would it be to swap back to the original seating?

Yes the seatbelts are functional and all in the same place.the rear seats have a hole in them same as the conquest seats for the seatbelt latch.the front seats were installed by welding the conquest bolt flanges onto the tiburon rails so they bolt into the factory location.the rear seats were modified quite a bit but use the factory bolt holes.changing back would be simple.I did not keep the factory seats. The rear seat had the fold down latch missing and the driver's side had the bolster ripped.I tried for a while to find suitable replacements then came across these for $200.so I decided to swap.they are a lot more comfortable to me but wouldn't be a problem to swap.

http://s159.photobucket.com/user/timtsi/media/P6160138-1.jpg.html

was this surface rust treated prior painting? was it sprayed with a gun or rattle can?

All the surface rust was wire brushed, primed and painted.it was all rattle canned on the front and the engine bay.The rust you see on the pipes were cleaned and Jet Coated.There is a little bit of surface rust showing up on the headers but not real bad.I guess that's the price for not going stainless.I can get pics of that in a day or two.I'm snowed in right now and no power at my shop.If you're interested I can pm you my # and we can discuss any questions. Edited by tim si

• 4 weeks later...
I'm not sure Auto Meter makes an overlay for that.they might though.that tank is an expansion tank with the rad.cap in the top.that's where you add coolant.headers are mild steel and have been Jet Coated.Right now Car is pending sale.