1988Conquest (Red) to be parted

MI_Mitsu

I'm acquiring a 1988 Conquest this weekend with plans to part it. It's on the verge of becoming a basket case - but still too good for the junkyard.

I already need a few of the parts for my 89 project (manual tranny), but most other parts are up for grabs.

Most body pieces are straight and good except both front fenders have multiple love taps - could be straightened. Front lower air dam is long gone.

Baiscally taking inquiries and reservations on parts.

Please understand that due to current weather here in Michigan, large or involved parts may not get pulled for the next 4-6 weeks. Longer for the engine, and other involved parts. ALL PARTS NOW PULLED READY FOR SHIPPING

Will post pics after she's in my driveway this weekend.

Pics have been uploaded to photobucket and I continue to add for every few days of requested parts:

1988 Conquest SHP to be parted

Status (update/edited 6/27):

SOLD:

Both L&R I/P light switches

Pass wiper arm

Rear headliner

B-pillar interior covers

Speaker shelves

trunk carpet

floormats

Steering shaft

Steering gear

P/S pump <--STEERING EQUIP. STILL AVAILABLE - DEADBEAT BUYER

Trunk wheel well side covers

Front 16x8 SHP rims

Rear calipers (pending) <--STILL AVAILABLE - DEADBEAT BUYER

Front struts

Rear struts

L&R tail lights

ISC servo

BOV, pipe & turbo adjuster

Rear 16x9 SHP rims

Dual gauge pod

A/C control head

Fuel tank & attachements (sender, pump, etc)

Driver fender

N/A (worthless) (PM if you want it for free - U-pay postage otherwise it's junked)

L&R front fender wheel well liner

Front bumper (metal structure)

Front air dam/valance (missing at time of purchase)

Windshield (cracked)

Upper windshield moulding (missing)

'Hot' forum parts still (oddly) available:

Front seats

Rear SHP rims with 30-50% tread on tires; Previous owner played with configuration a bit on car and has "7J x 16" up front - best offer.

Motor

5spd manual tranny

F&R bumper covers

Rear subframe

Jim

Edited by MI_Mitsu

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Overall interior seemed in fair condition. Leather seats had typical wear, the front door panels seemed to be cut oversize for larger door speakers. some door trim near the side mirro was missing on driver side, and interior in general appeared dirty. Will try to get pics of all requested parts.

Car ran with a jump, and fairly well with exception of a small persistent lifter tick - so I'm assuming the fuel injectors are good. Will advise on that later as I start to pull engine.

As for the shell, I contemplated either scrapyard or selling it to someone who would want to build a racer. Someone I know was able to do this to their parted 'Quest a year or two ago. I hate to see any car broken up like this, but it needs too much. Maybe as a shell it has the chance to start life again on the track.

Jim

I appreciate all the responses so far, including the PM's - I promise to get back to all of you in the next few days.

After planning to pick it up and drive it home yesterday, battery and supect alternator issues prevented me from getting it out of the sellers driveway. A tow was called in, and unfortuantely the car didnt get to my house until dusk, so pictures were out of the question.

I'm hoping to get off work and back in time today to troubleshoot the battery issue, get it mobile for now and get pictures taken of the requested parts.

More to come in the next few days.

MI-Mitsu

I managed to take quite a few pictures yesterday evening before the sun set too much. Instead of resizing and taking up a bunch of bandwidth here on the site, I've hosted them over at photo bucket:

1988 Conquest manual/red pictures

New link updated 3/12:

1988 Conquest SHP to be parted

I also managed to get the car running last night. Clutch is lazy and steering is apalling for a sports car, but at least it is mobile now.

Will start addressing individual requests. Thanks again for the interest.

BTW - car is an SHP, albeit with 225's mounted all around.

MI-Mitsu

Edited by MI_Mitsu

How much for the Driver and Passenger seats shipped to 37129?

I would like to reserve them if possible as im not in a huge hurry.

Im leaving Iraq tomm and wont be on the net during travel for about a week...

I have paypal and will pay immediatly once I hit the states. Just asking for 7-10 days.

If you can email me at teamrpm04@live.com with price and availability to hold...will pay extra for your troubles of pulling and holding them for me.

Thanks,

Joe

OIF 09-10

is there any way you could cut the MAF plug off the engine harness with enough wire for me to kremp it into my cars harness if so how much would you take for it i have a 88 starion. thanks

I'll take a look. I'd prefer to keep the engine harness intact as it's more valuable to me and others that way. Certain a pigtail can be had off another basket case? Then again the P.O. has already done some modification - if it's severe enough - I'll snip the plug for ya.

Jim

How much for the Driver and Passenger seats shipped to 37129?

I would like to reserve them if possible as im not in a huge hurry.

Im leaving Iraq tomm and wont be on the net during travel for about a week...

I have paypal and will pay immediatly once I hit the states. Just asking for 7-10 days.

If you can email me at teamrpm04@live.com with price and availability to hold...will pay extra for your troubles of pulling and holding them for me.

Thanks,

Joe

OIF 09-10

Consider them held - no rush. I'll probably pull them this weekend to get to the carpet for another board member. Email sent with freight rate quote, etc. Email me back to finalize and provide details.

Welcome home!

Jim

how much for fog lights,grill and corner lights? shipped to 14224?

Pass. fog light is damaged, just a few useable pieces left hanging off of it! Other lights seem fine.

Grille has been painted over red at least once along with the rest of the exterior by amateur - you'd have to strip it for show.

See pics - let me know if still interested. I think you'll pay more on shipping than parts due to long size of grille!

Jim

I need black interior parts - The b-pillar and rear roof trim mostly. Also the trunk carpet would be nice too.

Still trying to get into the backseat while there's daylight. I got it Sunday 6pm (dusk). Monday I got back with daylight left, but I used it up getting a battery in and listening to it run. Wont see much of interior again until weekend as I'm usually getting home at 7 or later.

But the good news is the cargo carpet looks in real good shape - just needs a good vacuum! Will keep you posted on condition of pillar pieces and send pic when there's daylight and the carpet is vacuumed.

Jim

Edited by MI_Mitsu

How do the injectors look? S&h to 33611?

Havent pulled yet - but the car runs good! 130k on odometer - nearly nothing on maintenance history. i doubt P.O. used my fuel injector cleaner - but he had it only for @6months! I definitely call them useable. Make offer.

Jim

How much for the motor ,, if I come and pull it out???

I don't need the turbo

lmk

bryen

This is a tough one as I had originally planned to hang on to it with the turbo and use for spares on my 89. PM me with your plan to get it (your own tools I assume, etc) and I'll see if it's enough to make me want to part with it!

Jim