Give me your Interior Opinions

Walker

looking for opinions and pros/cons :)

Currently it's all black....but the front seats are shredded so they need to be redone.

so the two thoughts are in my head are of course

1) all black

or

2) two tone (black with tan centers)

car is fiji blue currently...not sure what color the outside will be whem i'm done yet

personally my seat are still good but if i were to have them done i would do them like my audi. I have a 2001 sanitorn blue audi S4 with the alcantara (suede) blue centers on all the seats. they came option from the factory this way. they look super sweet and are very durable. I drove my S4 daily and the seats are still in good shape. Now I drive my fiji blue quest daily. I would do the center part of the seat in alcantar blue or similar fabric. the pros to this fabric is in the summer its still cool enough where you don't sweat like when you sit on leather, plus you don't get burned. Also in winter they are nice and cool not cold like leather is cold and hard. I don't think tan will look good with a fiji color. if anything do the centers in black then or a dark charcoal color. just my opinon though.

i think the all tan interiors would look sweet in a fiji....but a full swap is a bit more extensive than i'm looking to go for the interior....so 2 tone seats is the closest i can get if it would look ok...

i've considered cloth but only briefly....i just like leather too much

If you could find a way to do the center section the same color as the car ( fiji or what ever color your painting the car ) that would be cool.

Be even better if the rear matched.

i think the all tan interiors would look sweet in a fiji....

I agree there, lol... I want to do all tan in my R04. I like the way tan looks inside that Durban color, "Peanut Butter & Jelly" is what we call that! :D

that's what i said to do in my post. I have that exact setup on my S4. i think it's going to be a perfect match for fifji blue. If you do tan then the only accents you can do in your interior of the car to match it would be wood...eeeewww. Trust me it's not a match as i have seen this on another Audi. Go with a blue but use a premium material in the inserts or it will start to pile up on you. #1 alcantara material for inserts...everything else is second unless you want cloth. Read the rub count when buying suede or cloth material. the higher it is the longer it will last before it start to pile up. do everthing else in leather Edited by alp247

I used to think i would hate suede because of how difficult it would be to take care of it. To be honest with you alcantara it's much easier to take care of than leather. The blue is not as bright as you think.

After owning my S4 for 10yrs and having my conquest with me since 1992 i would do the alcantara inserts any day. mind you this is not suede it's an imitation suede but better. If anything do the inserts in a black alcantara. You won't regret it especially in summer when you'll notice you are not as sweaty in the seats. Just my opinion from experience but you're going to do what you want so when you do...post some pics.

Just FYI, if you do tan inserts they get dirty really easy and stain real easy especially if you wear jeans since the dye from jeans tend to bleed out on your seat when you sweat. Once that happens trying to remove it is next to impossible.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

sorry to dig up an old thread but what did you decide on your seats

i had mine done in black leather with royal blue suede

my front seats should be done this week but heres a pic of the rear seat

http://i640.photobucket.com/albums/uu127/hoskinsr/7CE45A7F-D052-4722-B0B1-C553AA8B680C-16247-00000B15113F15C4.jpg

i really like the way they turned out

My plan for my Fiji (if I pick it up) is reupholstered black leather (89 style) with all blue stitching to tie it in, while remaining subtle...and high on the seatbacks, a silver embroidered TSi logo below the headrest. I think that will be sharp as hell.

-N8

i haven't settled on anything permanently yet. A member sold me a very good front set of 89 seats earlier last year so I haven't given it too much more thought since then. Car is into the nitty gritty of being restored now and it will be some time before I make it to the interior.

My 3d printer thread has my curiosity up on possibly printing some tan interior panels that seem so difficult to find

well im told i will have my seats bac today of course they have told me this for the last 8 weeks

so if i do get them back today ill post the pics then in the car they go and out for a drive

i have not been able to drive my car now in over 7 months (other than around the block last week on a stool)