TexasQuest

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,337 posts
  • Interests:TSi's & VR4's
  • Model:Conquest

Posted 19 April 2017 - 08:33 PM

There's still some listed on eBay if you need one soon.
88 Fiji Blue -Tsi
Zoom clutch, Fidanza flywheel, Stedebani shifter, KYB's, ST springs, ST swaybars, abs delete, a/c delete, cruise delete, JVE, BSEK, TEP steel brake lines, LSP braided cooler lines, CX Racing radiator,  MK1 silicone hoses, MK1 pullies, *DM hard pipes & intercooler,14G turbo, ported exh. manifold, MAF Translator, 3.5" GM maf, Turbo XS RFL bov, *DM 3" exhaust, Cusco front strut bar, TEP rear strut bar, Enkei 92's, HKS turbo timer, AEM wideband, AEM boost gauge, AEM oil pressure gauge, Hallman boost controller
Posted Image

View PostJohnnyWadd, on 04 March 2010 - 10:01 PM, said:

my shaft was big i dont know what your talking about.

#22 Turbo Cary

Turbo Cary

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 04:42 AM

View PostTexasQuest, on 19 April 2017 - 08:33 PM, said:

There's still some listed on eBay if you need one soon.

I looked at those and it looks like they don't have the mounting tabs for the cooling fans just bare end tanks.

#23 Funky Phil

Funky Phil

Super Pooper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,292 posts
  • Interests:2 streaks of fire for 60ft when I leave.

Posted 20 April 2017 - 07:30 AM

Man you can see in the pics of their products on the site. s*** is rarely straight to start with
10.95@122mph MoFuggin stickshift! https://m.youtube.co...h?v=8Q01UKt5q4U

Posted Image

#24 TexasQuest

TexasQuest

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,337 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 08:08 PM

http://www.ebay.com/...NdVrd13&vxp=mtr
88 Fiji Blue -Tsi
Zoom clutch, Fidanza flywheel, Stedebani shifter, KYB's, ST springs, ST swaybars, abs delete, a/c delete, cruise delete, JVE, BSEK, TEP steel brake lines, LSP braided cooler lines, CX Racing radiator,  MK1 silicone hoses, MK1 pullies, *DM hard pipes & intercooler,14G turbo, ported exh. manifold, MAF Translator, 3.5" GM maf, Turbo XS RFL bov, *DM 3" exhaust, Cusco front strut bar, TEP rear strut bar, Enkei 92's, HKS turbo timer, AEM wideband, AEM boost gauge, AEM oil pressure gauge, Hallman boost controller
Posted Image

#25 Turbo Cary

Turbo Cary

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 09:20 PM

View PostTexasQuest, on 20 April 2017 - 08:08 PM, said:

? They told me on the phone they are out of stock. I just wonder if they haven't updated the listing.

#26 TexasQuest

TexasQuest

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 8,337 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 12:17 AM

CXRacing is probably out of stock but third party places still have them.
88 Fiji Blue -Tsi
Posted Image

#27 importwarrior

importwarrior

6 Quests and Counting......

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,589 posts
  • Interests:Boost = 2KWIK4U
    Starquests

Posted 21 April 2017 - 06:01 AM

View PostTurbo Cary, on 20 April 2017 - 09:20 PM, said:

? They told me on the phone they are out of stock. I just wonder if they haven't updated the listing.

They usually dont end the sale because the cost to start up a new ad. may as well keep the original ad going.

B-71 87 TSI ~ RIP
Black 87 Starion ~ Mess SOLD!!!
Proud New 89 slightly Rusted Fiji Owner !!!

The Ark was built by amateurs , the Titanic was built by Professionals.

#28 Funky Phil

Funky Phil

Super Pooper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,292 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 03:18 PM

They usually jack the price way up

Posted Image

#29 Turbo Cary

Turbo Cary

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 05:16 PM

I ordered one from a different seller. The listing by CX Racing isn't posted anymore. I'll see what happens and let y'all know.

#30 Turbo Cary

Turbo Cary

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 02:46 PM

UPDATE:

The second seller I had ordered the CX Racing one from had refunded my money because it turns out that was a second store of CX Racing. So I ordered one of the OE replacements from ebay.

The OE style replacement matches up fine however it is missing bungs for the thermo sensors and also the fan mounting points.

Being that CX Racing let me keep the aluminum fan shroud and fans, I will just take the old tabs off my old radiator, JB Weld them to the new one and run that for a while until a new aluminum one comes about.

I will post pictures when I get home tonight.

Edited by Turbo Cary, 28 April 2017 - 02:46 PM.

#31 Bradrock

Bradrock

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts
  • Interests:Guns, metal working, guns, wrenching, guns,wood working, Gold mining, guns & cool cars.
  • Model:Starion

Posted 28 April 2017 - 05:04 PM

When I was stock car racing I used Griffin radiators. I bet if one of the CAD or other 3D type drawing guy's here made a nice print, that Griffin or another American radiator company would be glad to give a price to us.
I was about to order a Mookeh down pipe & one of these radiator set up's. Both have been pulled due to quality control or lack thereof.

Edited by Bradrock, 28 April 2017 - 05:05 PM.

Run's with scizzor's

#32 Funky Phil

Funky Phil

Super Pooper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6,292 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 07:31 PM

Griffin offers a conquest radiator.

I have a used cx radiator I would sell

Posted Image

#33 Turbo Cary

Turbo Cary

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 09:03 PM

View PostFunky Phil, on 28 April 2017 - 07:31 PM, said:

Griffin offers a conquest radiator.

I have a used cx radiator I would sell

How much for the used CX Racing? I did just get this stock replacement but would be interested. I can always sell the replacement one I just got

#34 BC_99

BC_99

Plays in traffic

• Vendors
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,095 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 09:33 PM

Yeah, wish you had mentioned that you were considering the oe style replacement. I would've warned you about the lack of sensor bungs and fan tabs.

The aluminum radiator that T.E.P. sells is a Griffin. I tried to get one directly from Griffin, since I work in the racing industry, but they must have some kind of exclusive deal with T.E.P. cuz they wouldn't even entertain the idea. So, I bought a CX back when KellieDM sold em. I've been very happy with it.

Sorry you've had such a dilemma with this.

BC
Steering coupler replacement U-Joints are available here...
http://www.starquest...howtopic=145280

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#35 Turbo Cary

Turbo Cary

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts

Posted 29 April 2017 - 03:07 PM

View PostBC_99, on 28 April 2017 - 09:33 PM, said:

Yeah, wish you had mentioned that you were considering the oe style replacement. I would've warned you about the lack of sensor bungs and fan tabs.

The aluminum radiator that T.E.P. sells is a Griffin. I tried to get one directly from Griffin, since I work in the racing industry, but they must have some kind of exclusive deal with T.E.P. cuz they wouldn't even entertain the idea. So, I bought a CX back when KellieDM sold em. I've been very happy with it.

BC

I was just considering any radiator to get the car driving. It has been at my dealership for 2 months now. The lot manager is up my butt to get it out but the whole radiator thing was holding me up.

i just ran the sensor wires to ground so the fans come on when ignition is on because mine had failed.

If I can get that used CX radiator I will just wait to do the whole job then and not do it twice. Also so I can ship back or sell the radiator I just got.

#36 louswheel

louswheel

King Kong Status

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,165 posts

Posted 29 April 2017 - 04:13 PM

View PostBC_99, on 28 April 2017 - 09:33 PM, said:

BC

Really? A few years back I contacted Griffin directly and they didnt have a problem selling the rad directly to me. I didn't buy one though cuz....too damn of a tight wad penny pincher! :lol:

#37 Turbo Cary

Turbo Cary

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 08:47 AM

Griffin radiators is here in South Carolina about 2 hours away from me. I had debated contacting them however on their website catalog it listed the radiator for 750 dollars. TEP sells it for far less, probably because they buy a bunch in bulk.

I have to drive from Charleston to Atlanta for training on a regular basis. The town Griffin is located at is along the route I take. TEP said they were out of those radiators and it was going to be a while before they got more. Probably because of bulk purchasing.

#38 BC_99

BC_99

Plays in traffic

• Vendors
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,095 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 01:15 PM

View Postlouswheel, on 29 April 2017 - 04:13 PM, said:

Really? A few years back I contacted Griffin directly and they didnt have a problem selling the rad directly to me. I didn't buy one though cuz....too damn of a tight wad penny pincher! :lol:

Yeah, it was several years (6or7)ago. Maybe things have changed.

View PostTurbo Cary, on 30 April 2017 - 08:47 AM, said:

Griffin radiators is here in South Carolina about 2 hours away from me. I had debated contacting them however on their website catalog it listed the radiator for 750 dollars. TEP sells it for far less, probably because they buy a bunch in bulk.

I have to drive from Charleston to Atlanta for training on a regular basis. The town Griffin is located at is along the route I take. TEP said they were out of those radiators and it was going to be a while before they got more. Probably because of bulk purchasing.

I was hoping I could get one for the race team price. $750 is the general public price. I figure they probably have about $100 in each unit, so if I could've gotten one for $300-400, I would've gone that route. Oh well.

BC
Steering coupler replacement U-Joints are available here...
http://www.starquest...howtopic=145280

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users