no gas,no food

Star_V8_Quest

A seed and some dirt and you have a salad, anyone can do it. My wife plants a garden every year, all the tomatos, corn, beans and potatoes you can eat. Nothing like walking outside and literly picking yourself a salad, from the lettuce to the sugar snap peas. Now if I can only find some seeds for crutons Id be all set :) Plus she uses coupons, she usualy saves more than she spends. Its just peoples impatience that are costing them most of the time, were a county of "I want it now" unfortunatly.

A seed and some dirt and you have a salad, anyone can do it. My wife plants a garden every year, all the tomatos, corn, beans and potatoes you can eat. Nothing like walking outside and literly picking yourself a salad, from the lettuce to the sugar snap peas. Now if I can only find some seeds for crutons Id be all set :) Plus she uses coupons, she usualy saves more than she spends. Its just peoples impatience that are costing them most of the time, were a county of "I want it now" unfortunatly.

All the vegetarians are gonna have to start eating meat again I guess.

That's what happens when you take a food source and make fuel out of it. Just wait till cars run on water. It'll cost you $50 to take a shower. But hey....it's all for the better right?

That's a fairly dumb statement. It looks like you read the first few sentences and replied here. It's not just corn, it's everything, and it actually has very little to do with corn or ethanol. It's the overal price to ship goods and the declining value of the dollar.

exactly point. I was nt intenting to become a hippy treehugger, I meant become more self suffient. stop relying so much on dare

I say it....... " the man" lol

That's a fairly dumb statement. It looks like you read the first few sentences and replied here. It's not just corn, it's everything, and it actually has very little to do with corn or ethanol. It's the overal price to ship goods and the declining value of the dollar.

Looks like you fail to see the point of a piece past the written words. It has everything to do with the corn. Ethanol demand has raised the corn prices, causing the price for feed to raise, causing the price of beef, pork, chicken and any other farm raised animal or product of such to raise as well. Ethanol is far less effecient than gasoline or diesel (altho I incluse biodiesel in the Ethanol catagory), actually causing the use of more fuel, raising the cost to pump water, harvest with the machinery, and ship products, not to mention the increased demand further driving the price of corn up. If you research deep enough, you will find that more often than not, rising fuel costs, and to a lesser extent the use of more fuel at the same cost, is at the root of all the price increases. Look further down in the article and you see the near doubling of the cost of a bushel since 2005. Even the title is blaming the increase on ethanol. Didn't have to read very far to see that.

QUOTE:"The biggest factors have to do with the ever-increasing demand for food products combined with the weak dollar," Mr. Leibtag said.

On the latter half of the statement, the "push" for "cleaner" transportation has actually cause a dramatic increase in water usage. The electric and hybrid cars use a minimum of 3x the water of gas or diesel motors. On top of that, the hydrogen cars that are ideally designed to derive the hydrogen from water is only going to exponentially increase that need. In areas of the southwest and west where water is in short supply in the summer mos, consider what it will cost just for your daily needs not to mention the needs of the farm to water all the livestock and fields.

I apollogise that in my condition I was tired and tried to condense my thought into a few simple lines. In the future, I will try to expand so as not to cause you to have to think for yourself.

JR

little bit of a bug here guys,, it won't let me reply with out " quoteing "

any way to the point all this may be amunition for arguments about raiseing prices but the fact is it's just greed ,, while a great number of farmer are hopeing to cash in on corn as a new money crop,,it just plain hasn't happen'd yet

any way to the point all this may be amunition for arguments about raiseing prices but the fact is it's just greed ,, while a great number of farmer are hopeing to cash in on corn as a new money crop,,it just plain hasn't happen'd yet

shelby,

are you using the reply button with the " marks before it or fast reply or add reply?

On the latter half of the statement, the "push" for "cleaner" transportation has actually cause a dramatic increase in water usage. The electric and hybrid cars use a minimum of 3x the water of gas or diesel motors.

What part of an electric / hybrid vehical uses water?

That's actually not a bug Shelby, if you click the reply at the bottom of each post it *does* quote the post, indicated by the little quote marks on the button. A true reply without quotes is found at the bottom of the thread.

I am a certified Hybrid tech. I work with them almost every day.

What type of research would you like me to do?

If I search the water consumption of hybrids my screen just lights up with articles, tech specs, etc. I guess I'm lost as to why the world sees what you don't. So I guess you tell me where this propaganda is coming from and what they're basing it off of. You're the pro. Enlighten me, I'm all ears.

If I search the water consumption of hybrids my screen just lights up with articles, tech specs, etc. I guess I'm lost as to why the world sees what you don't. So I guess you tell me where this propaganda is coming from and what they're basing it off of. You're the pro. Enlighten me, I'm all ears.

What do you want to know?

They don't run on water.

Electric = plug in to charge then drive. No water consumption.

Hybrid = put gas in and drive, plug in if available. No water consumption.

The electric and hybrid cars use a minimum of 3x the water of gas or diesel motors.

Simply not true from what i have been taught and from my own experience.

The only way to twist this into a Hybrid pollutes more than a Hummer theory is the design and development stages which are over now.

As for other alternative energy sources like ethanol they have ups and downs.

There is no silver bullet to get us off oil, but make no mistake the sooner we ween off oil the better.

It's not going to be cheap or easy, but it IS necessary.

All the vegetarians are gonna have to start eating meat again I guess.

nope. The US is a Republic similar to Rome. You know their philosophy:

To keep the peace, keep the masses full, entertained, and uneducated.

Looks like the first one is starting to fail....although we are the fattest country in the world. They should make fast food and unhealthy stuff the most expensive. Only then will eating habits change.

Since when did cars run on MILK??? Now THAT's getting expensive!!!

at least you don't have to hear about the milk prices. i get griped at by old ladies all day at work. "why is the milk going up so high... it's cheaper at Wal Mart!"

and reply "you didn't see the cows picketing outside?"

:confused0024:

nope. The US is a Republic similar to Rome. You know their philosophy:

To keep the peace, keep the masses full, entertained, and uneducated.

Looks like the first one is starting to fail....although we are the fattest country in the world. They should make fast food and unhealthy stuff the most expensive. Only then will eating habits change.

Since when did cars run on MILK??? Now THAT's getting expensive!!!

I've gotta jump into a movie here. Anybody seen "Gladiator"? Of course you have. I've watched it a dozen times or so. But have you seen the extended version? I did, just a few weeks ago for the first time. There's a scene in it where the sister (smokin' hot Connie Nielson) is talking to a few of the senators, realizing that Commodus is draining the empire and must be stopped. They ask "how's he paying for all of this". Connie replies "he's selling off our grain futures. They love the games, but they'll be starving in two years because of them". That's right where we are folks. Our future is being morgaged under our noses, but we're captivated by cell phones with mp3 players, and video games, and plasma tv's, and so on. Our trade deficit with China for the month of February was just over $20 billion. That's $2 billion more than it was in January. Our shrinking dollar value, the likes of Walmart, and everything under the sun made in China is going to run us into financial ruin. And we're borrowing in excess of $2 bilion a week from them too. That's on top of the trade deficit. What happens WHEN China decides they want to collect and we can't pay them? My uneducated guess says they'll get paid off in partial ownership of the US. Controlling interest of some sort. Although there's nothing I can do on an individual level, I'm still a bit panicked about it. I'm looking for an answer to it. All of it, or some of it. Anybody got any realistic ideas?

I've gotta jump into a movie here. Anybody seen "Gladiator"? Of course you have. I've watched it a dozen times or so. But have you seen the extended version? I did, just a few weeks ago for the first time. There's a scene in it where the sister (smokin' hot Connie Nielson) is talking to a few of the senators, realizing that Commodus is draining the empire and must be stopped. They ask "how's he paying for all of this". Connie replies "he's selling off our grain futures. They love the games, but they'll be starving in two years because of them". That's right where we are folks. Our future is being morgaged under our noses, but we're captivated by cell phones with mp3 players, and video games, and plasma tv's, and so on. Our trade deficit with China for the month of February was just over $20 billion. That's $2 billion more than it was in January. Our shrinking dollar value, the likes of Walmart, and everything under the sun made in China is going to run us into financial ruin. And we're borrowing in excess of $2 bilion a week from them too. That's on top of the trade deficit. What happens WHEN China decides they want to collect and we can't pay them? My uneducated guess says they'll get paid off in partial ownership of the US. Controlling interest of some sort. Although there's nothing I can do on an individual level, I'm still a bit panicked about it. I'm looking for an answer to it. All of it, or some of it. Anybody got any realistic ideas?

explain the "walmart" quote.

explain the "walmart" quote.

Walmart sells a lot of good stuff, don't get me wrong there, but so much of the stuff comes from China. I guess it's not fair to lay it all on them, but look what they're doing to all the smaller chains. Kmart is near extinction here. Shopko isn't far behind. Add the Supercenters and the grocery stores lose their competitive edge too. Yes, I like saving a little money, but I'd rather pay a little more and keep an independant in business. Up until a few years ago my mom lived in small town about 15 miles away named Rochester. Family oriented community, good schools, upkept neighborhoods, and three gas stations. Two big chains (I don't remember the names) right on the main road through, and one family owned, just a little out of the way. They still had full-service pumps. You know, the kind with rolling numbers. You had to lift the nozzle and flip the lever over to reset and start the thing. They'd check your oil, tire pressure, wiper juice, anything you wanted. They were a dime or so more expensive than the other two. They were my regular stop anytime I was in the area and low on fuel, or needed oil, or a cold drink. I recently heard they stopped selling fuel, don't know why, but were basically a convienience store now. I'd imagine that'll close before long too. Runout of business by the bigger chains offering product for less right now to run the little guys off. So Back to Walmart. What happens when Walmart has no more competition? They set the prices on everything. Maybe a 20 year goal, but it's not unbelievable.

Walmart sells a lot of good stuff, don't get me wrong there, but so much of the stuff comes from China. I guess it's not fair to lay it all on them, but look what they're doing to all the smaller chains. Kmart is near extinction here. Shopko isn't far behind. Add the Supercenters and the grocery stores lose their competitive edge too. Yes, I like saving a little money, but I'd rather pay a little more and keep an independant in business. Up until a few years ago my mom lived in small town about 15 miles away named Rochester. Family oriented community, good schools, upkept neighborhoods, and three gas stations. Two big chains (I don't remember the names) right on the main road through, and one family owned, just a little out of the way. They still had full-service pumps. You know, the kind with rolling numbers. You had to lift the nozzle and flip the lever over to reset and start the thing. They'd check your oil, tire pressure, wiper juice, anything you wanted. They were a dime or so more expensive than the other two. They were my regular stop anytime I was in the area and low on fuel, or needed oil, or a cold drink. I recently heard they stopped selling fuel, don't know why, but were basically a convienience store now. I'd imagine that'll close before long too. Runout of business by the bigger chains offering product for less right now to run the little guys off. So Back to Walmart. What happens when Walmart has no more competition? They set the prices on everything. Maybe a 20 year goal, but it's not unbelievable.

I will give you some insight,walmart will never be alone.and in 20 years,walmart may not be as big as they are now.

and I can understand the small chains versus the big ones but it is capitalism at work.Our problems aren't wlamart,target,sysco,kroger,etc..it is the US in debt.